Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A note of thanks to our resigning moderators

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

Fair play lads, without doubt the best mods on the site and your modding is what helped the section and BBV etc become what it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭lee_arama

Not much to say here really. Got a lot of time for Kev (c'mon Ireland - got them in a double with the Windies today), and while I probably still owe 5Star a dead shoulder over last year he, along with Lllllllloyd and Ste, were nothing but utter gents in the resultant BBV furore.

Boyle going to start a forum on their site ya think? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

Thanks for all your work lads. I wish you guys wouldnt step down as I dont dare to think what the poker forum will be like after all the fallout without you lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭MrPillowTalk

Adding my thanks to the lads.

Definate opportunity for someone to scoop up the home of the online poker community in Ireland, would have thought pokerswat or somewhere like that could jump on the chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

All the best lads, you've done a job you should be proud of, and the fact you're sticking to your guns is admirable. Fair play.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭nicnicnic

Adding my thanks to the lads.

Definate opportunity for someone to scoop up the home of the online poker community in Ireland, would have thought pokerswat or somewhere like that could jump on the chance.

lol just saying to someone on msn that I can see Kelly hatching a plan as this is developing. If we do move as a community, lets set it up ourselves and not move somewhere thats commercial.

crazy sequance of events tbh

I echo the all good sentiments towards the mods

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Lao Lao

ollyk1 wrote: »
    I'm not starting this thread to discuss the popcorn that has been going on here recently.

I want to record my thanks to ste, Dom, LL and Kev for all their hardwork in making this forum the pleasant and addictive community it has been over the years. I hope that you will remain involved in building the Irish online poker community and wherever that community is hosted if you guys are involved please be assured of my support as a member of that community.

Olly

PS I believe a thread thanking resigning mods is always an "on-topic" thread so I hope it won't be deleted/censored or moved.

^^^ This pretty much sums it up! As I said in the feedback thread, it's sad to see all of you resign, however it is very refreshing to see you make a stand on a matter of principle.

Anyone notice anything interesting about the post of the day?

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭brianmc

Conspiracy theories forum TBH. I suspect that it's a day behind for no vindictive reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭BIGMICKG

ok so i wont start asking wtf happened etc. but it seems things have gone a little crazy on boards lately! i havent been online much over the past few weeks but have noticed things not looking too good here. dont even know half the story tbh bout the bbv bein deleted, mods resigning etc. but i think i speak for ever1 here saying itll be an awful pity if this is the beginning of the end of the poker section. tbh i hardly ever even read the bbv but i think its stats spoke for itself. views replies etc. i reckon the poker section on boards generates as much traffic as most of the other sections put together! suppose well just have to wait and see what happens over the next few weeks. anyway i wont be online much cos im heading to vegas in the morning for a month. for anyone who gives a rats how im doin they can find out here http://bigmickg.blogspot.com/. ill try keep it updated regularly while im over there. peace out. hopefully some sanity can be restored here :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Yeah lol i noticed that this morning. I think a feedback thread about the error is needed :p

Edit - Also guys you have always done a super job around here which i think we all appreciate very much.

Opr

• Registered Users Posts: 11,275 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

nicnicnic wrote: »
    lol just saying to someone on msn that I can see Kelly hatching a plan as this is developing.

i lol'd :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

This seems a little distasteful/tacky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭singee88

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭smurph

BIGMICKG wrote: »
    ok so i wont start asking wtf happened etc. but it seems things have gone a little crazy on boards lately! i havent been online much over the past few weeks but have noticed things not looking too good here. dont even know half the story tbh bout the bbv bein deleted, mods resigning etc. but i think i speak for ever1 here saying itll be an awful pity if this is the beginning of the end of the poker section. tbh i hardly ever even read the bbv but i think its stats spoke for itself. views replies etc. i reckon the poker section on boards generates as much traffic as most of the other sections put together! suppose well just have to wait and see what happens over the next few weeks. anyway i wont be online much cos im heading to vegas in the morning for a month. for anyone who gives a rats how im doin they can find out here http://bigmickg.blogspot.com/. ill try keep it updated regularly while im over there. peace out. hopefully some sanity can be restored here :confused:

Rb wrote: »
    This seems a little distasteful/tacky.

Nop, not at all
    Mick probably has not realised that other posts like this have been closed,
    He is the last person to be offensive to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭ocallagh

Thought the same myself, but I'd say whatever cron job runs to update POTD does so outside of peak hours. I'd say (hope) it will be updated later.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

My post of the day is by a poster called Rottenhat and about a cycle trip or somesuch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭strewelpeter

The bracelet will suit you. GL

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Hi Mick, I've merged your thread with this one about the general situation for tidyness sake. Thanks for the support, gl in vegas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 TonyBlair

This might get deleted but i'm sure some will see. i would just like to say sorry to the mods for giving them all alot of hassle of this past year and a half. Fwiw you were always pretty fast at banning me so you did do a good job

chris

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Whyno

TonyBlair wrote: »
    This might get deleted but i'm sure some will see. i would just like to say sorry to the mods for giving them all alot of hassle of this past year and a half. Fwiw you were always pretty fast at banning me so you did do a good job

chris

Ye right..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

TonyBlair wrote: »

chris
    Thanks for the support Chris, but you're still banned :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Mr.Plough

GJ guys, shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

The last time i was on boards was about 12 last night. Been travelling since 9 this morn and just arrived in work so i'm miles behind on whats been happening. I've a new BBV, a feedback thread and a couple of others to get through but i heard from Gill that the lads resigned, so i'm sure i'll stumble across the post at some stage.

Modding of the poker forum is a thankless job IMO. Anytime any of the lads have made a mistake error of judgement, people have been quick to jump on their backs. Some of the lads also had a hard time making their own comments on a situation, due to others thinking it represented the Mod opinion.

Its a tough job, and one where they have always kept on top of the troll, spam and OTT posts/threads. The place was tidy, it was allowed to flow and most of all, together the lads had a huge understanding of the game of poker which i think made things easy for us all. If they decide to stay away from boards, whether just from a mod capacity or in total, i'll have full respect for them and wish them all the success in the future.

Cheers Kev, Lloyd, Ste and Dom

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

If people keep the drama under control in the other thread maybe everything might turn out ok. *crosses fingers*

• Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Drakar wrote: »
    If people keep the drama under control in the other thread maybe everything might turn out ok. *crosses fingers*
    Some people are finding it very hard to do so...arguing our case unemotionally (if possible) would be the way to go, accusing other admins of things just can't help our case much!

Lads, you've done sterling work here over the years - thanks from a long-time member of the community :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭YULETIRED

I'm sorry ye felt moved enough to resign. It an admirable thing to do when your principles are compromised. I was surprised to see it and just goes to show what I know about ye. Fair play. Despite the nastyness of the whole thing though, Has their ever been a bigger issue to face boards.ie. It's a fascinating standoff with boards.ie being as big a loser as the forum itself. So WD lads.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

YULETIRED wrote: »
    I'm sorry ye felt moved enough to resign. It an admirable thing to do when your principles are compromised. I was surprised to see it and just goes to show what I know about ye. Fair play. Despite the nastyness of the whole thing though, Has their ever been a bigger issue to face boards.ie. It's a fascinating standoff with boards.ie being as big a loser as the forum itself. So WD lads.

From having done the same thing myself, I'd expect that some of the mods will decide to not step-down once they've had sometime to think about things and cool down a bit.
    While in the heat of the moment it seems like the best thing to do, one realises that by remaining mod it's easier to shape the forum in the direction that's best for the forum and the community.

I'd be very surprised if any Poker mods stepped down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭HighFinance

Despite my low post count i've been checking out the boards poker forum almost daily for about five years now and seen it grow and morp organically during this time with the help of a lot of love and work from the mods (and Dev of course).

I can only hope, like many others, that a common ground can be found and things can move forward again.

In the interim, my thanks to the people who invested so much time and energy into keeping the chatter alive and making it worth tuning into.

Never mind the haters.

Bren.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

Its obviously due to the great moderation on the Poker forum that posters here dont know how to react properly to trolls on the feedback thread (clue: dont feed them). :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement