Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A note of thanks to our resigning moderators

Options
  • 15-06-2009 11:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭

I'm not starting this thread to discuss the popcorn that has been going on here recently.

I want to record my thanks to ste, Dom, LL and Kev for all their hardwork in making this forum the pleasant and addictive community it has been over the years. I hope that you will remain involved in building the Irish online poker community and wherever that community is hosted if you guys are involved please be assured of my support as a member of that community.

Olly

PS I believe a thread thanking resigning mods is always an "on-topic" thread so I hope it won't be deleted/censored or moved.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭Gholimoli

as above..
    many thanks for all the hard work over the years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

Thanks guys for your honesty, for always allowing free and open discussion, for your good humour no matter the subject and for the sense community you helped create on this forum.

I'm not the most eloquent with words so thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭smurph

Well done to the lads for all their work over the years doing what in effect was a very thankless job...

Sad day indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭sendic

+1

also, thanks to the other mods over the years, laf, muso, amp, hyzepher etc

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

:(

ridiculously low point for boards.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

As having done the job before i know how difficult it is. Thanks for the time & effort.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭jbravado

Hopefully this can be sorted out and we can change it to a Welcome back Mods thread. Did a great job to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭Fatboydim

I'm not sure what's happened here as I haven't looked at the site over the weekend. However the mods who have resigned are some of the soundest young fellows you will ever meet across a poker table. Best of luck to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

ollyk1 wrote: »
    I'm not starting this thread to discuss the popcorn that has been going on here recently.

I want to record my thanks to ste, Dom, LL and Kev for all their hardwork in making this forum the pleasant and addictive community it has been over the years. I hope that you will remain involved in building the Irish online poker community and wherever that community is hosted if you guys are involved please be assured of my support as a member of that community.

Olly

PS I believe a thread thanking resigning mods is always an "on-topic" thread so I hope it won't be deleted/censored or moved.

This sums it up pretty much for me too.

Thanks lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭dougee19

even though I have been a total nuisance while on here I have great respect for how ye handled so many situations, a lot of annoying people on here and ye managed to host this place really well and just want to say thanks :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭Lurker1977

jbravado wrote: »
    Hopefully this can be sorted out and we can change it to a Welcome back Mods thread. Did a great job to be fair.

I'm really hoping the above happens also but if not then thanks to LL, Kev, Dom and Ste for taking the time to make this place what it was. I have a feeling I will be spending a lot less time on boards if the current situation is not amicably settled for all parties involved.

Such a shame it ended in this fashion. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,242 ✭✭✭shano_88

jbravado wrote: »
    +1

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭willis

mainly a lurker,readin the bbv kept me sane when i was in work, fair play to the mods for sticking to their principles,echo all comments above

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

such a shame, i found these mods the most fairest and interesting on this web site.They always gave great input and were in continuous discussion with the posters, i genuiely mean that

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Look this has blown out of all proportion and I'm discussing things with them at the moment. Everyone needs to calm down and let cooler heads prevail.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭PapaSmurph

DeVore wrote: »
    Look this has blown out of all proportion and I'm discussing things with them at the moment. Everyone needs to calm down and let cooler heads prevail.

DeV.

Ye blew it up as u took it down tom the final descision is with yourself ??

Why are u locking all the threads and i want a reason? Are we not entitled to ask a question is this not a forum and do we not have any freedom of speech . The sooner pokertalk launches the better im sure the mods of old would be welcomed and looked after more there

I have been an avid and keen reader of boards over the past year and i have to say it has become a dire and military run operation . It seems any bit of fun is taken away and its wrong ..

I will prob get banned now or deleted as per usual with no explanation

J

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

nuxxx wrote: »
    such a shame, i found these mods the most fairest and interesting on this web site.They always gave great input and were in continuous discussion with the posters, i genuiely mean that
    Indeed, the poker forum has been modded in a unique but very fair and efficient way, certainly well catering of the diverse community that uses it.

I used to laugh when I saw poker forum members claiming the forum was over-moderated, little do most know what exactly happens outside here!

Well done to all the lads and I applaud the action you've taken here, hopefully should the forum and community move to another site you'll take the reigns there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭DeadParrot

Kudos to all the poker mods.
    always a fair, even minded and generally funny bunch.
    Its a shame the carry on that is happening here

Rb wrote: »
    Indeed, the poker forum has been modded in a unique but very fair and efficient way, certainly well catering of the diverse community that uses it.

I used to laugh when I saw poker forum members claiming the forum was over-moderated, little do most know what exactly happens outside here!

Well done to all the lads and I applaud the action you've taken here, hopefully should the forum and community move to another site you'll take the reigns there.

Point taken on the other thread Rb , Was only humouring the situtation .
    The community should support Adam Murphy in my opinion he is a great guy and is now opening a biz with a forum and live updates and i would urge all forum users here to support his new venture . I have not met the lad as of yet but i do like his work on live events and i would like to be the first to sign up when it opens or starts

Does anyone have the site name im not sure but i think it is pokertalk.ie or talkpoker.ie ???

PapaSmurph wrote: »
    The community should support Adam Murphy in my opinion he is a great guy and is now opening a biz with a forum and live updates and i would urge all forum users here to support his new venture . I have not met the lad as of yet but i do like his work on live events and i would like to be the first to sign up when it opens or starts

Does anyone have the site name im not sure but i think it is pokertalk.ie or talkpoker.ie ???

Please stop posting on this issue. Please.

• Advertisement

Please stop posting on this issue. Please.

Is this not a forum here i mean some of ye are so far up ur holes its unreal .. tell u wat i think ill go back to havin a pen pal was less hassle and i had freedom of speech unlike here where its all just gone pete tong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭ollyk1

PapaSmurph wrote: »

If you want to promote some other agenda can you please do so in your own seperate thread? This thread is to thank the lads for their huge effort over the years and I don't want anyone to have an excuse to come in and lock/delete/censor the thread. Thank you.

If you want to promote some other agenda can you please do so in your own seperate thread? This thread is to thank the lads for their huge effort over the years and I don't want anyone to have an excuse to come in and lock/delete/censor the thread. Thank you.

Respected comments Olly sorry this ****e is just doin em head in sorry i know u are tryin to be the do gooder and i appreciate that i have made my point on a thread and thats it i have no other agenda at all . I am always outspoken and always will be .

Apologies and this will be my last post on the matter

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

What everybody else said :) cheers guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭ollyk1

DeV.

In my book Tom, resignation is not negotiation. The lads are entitled to a thread of thanks without anyone mudding the waters discussing the popcorn elsewhere.

I think we're all clear from here on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭PiperT

DeV.

LOL.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭strewelpeter

There was a potentially very serious issue a few weeks ago that required extremely careful and discrete modding. That the job was done and the crises averted without most people even knowing that there was an issue is a huge testament to the wise and skillful work that these guys have been doing.
    Well done and many thanks for all the time you took to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

At the moment I'm hanging on to modding the poker forum, even though I feel as disillusioned as the other lads with the whole situation. I hope I can speak for the others when I say thanks for the support.
    I still kinda feel there's a way to get it all resolved, but the chance of that is shrinking quite rapidly.

I'd hate to have to drop my modship because I feel strongly about how the community in here works. Stuff like the Scouts thing, Lloyds footie marathon and the recent poker members making babies thread show that the mods and users have worked well to create something very impressive, and definitely something to be proud of.

But the hate and vitriol on the feedback thread and the fact that the poker forum in the future will be modded drastically differently, I'm kinda leaning towards stepping away too.

I'll probably decide in the next day or two so fingers crossed something works out. Otherwise thanks for all the posts and pm's.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭Macspower

just to add my thanks to the mods... and fair play to you all for standing up for your principles

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭Paul Spillane

Olly

Like to add my thanks, esp when as a newbie poster i didnt understand trolling/spamming/the rules etc; always found you to be more than fair and v patient. Thanks again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement