Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

when did men get so clueless with chat up lines???

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

994 wrote: »
    LOL because female-on-male violence is automatically HILARIOUS :mad:
    Well it is till you forget the Safe-Word then it's just embarrising and arkward. :o

Love that septic tank line for an ice breaker OP. Humour is the best aphrodiasic, or a humour/rohynopl cocktail.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

I started a conversation with a womanz that went along the lines of "Oh my God. You look like you're only 12....I like that" I ended up going out with her for a few months :D

Dumped her for a newer model?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

ShooterSF wrote: »
    Dumped her for a newer model?

Yeah, once she started to look 13 I had to bolt

• Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

I heard some funny ones from this one lad at the weekend. All his mates were talking about how useless he is with chatting up girls (he's 28). One time in a disco they dared him to go over to a girl and chat her up.
    "What will I say?" he said, "I just don't know what to say or talk about"

They told him to make it up. So he goes over stands beside her and stutters a hello.... "eh.... What result did you get in your leaving cert?"

That's as far as it went.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,728 ✭✭✭Naos

See, this lidl toilet paper thing was great, different & innovative.

He could have tried to play on it, but instead he bought her a drink. This was a big mistake, for shame.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Naos wrote: »
    See, this lidl toilet paper thing was great, different & innovative.

He could have tried to play on it, but instead he bought her a drink. This was a big mistake, for shame.

Ah yes the "I'm an ATM please have sex with me" tactic. Much more dangerous than some cheesy chat up line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

When did men get so clueless with chat up lines?? when were they any good at it in the first place :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Since moronic dating conventions starting dictating that even shy men have to come up with facile, glib 'lines' that will either 'turn the key' or consign them to ridicule. No wonder some of them blurt out ****e. Why cant both parties try and facilitate each other instead of perpetuating dopey stereotypes?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭General Zod

Women like powerful men. I usually just use my eye lazers to light their cigarette then they're all mine. I bang more than a Blanchardstown Swimming pool roof in a high wind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,583 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

ShooterSF wrote: »
    Ah yes the "I'm an ATM please have sex with me" tactic. Much more dangerous than some cheesy chat up line.

Ah the withdrawal method.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

Epicurus wrote: »
    When did men get so clueless with chat up lines?? when were they any good at it in the first place :confused:

Let me guess......single? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

Let me guess......single? :rolleyes:

only by choice.....

...theirs mostly

• Registered Users Posts: 4,411 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

I presume she took the drink, chatted to him for few mins. And when he left her and the gurls took the p*ss about how she got a free drink out of the moron...
    i never offer to but a drink for a girl, not because i'm stingy or cant afford it.
    i've seen my fair share of ones around dublin who go out wihtout a bean in their pocket in expectations of different lads to buying them drinks all night, and barely striking up a conversation in return.
    Women are all for equality, well why dont hey pay for the meal, or offer to but a fella a drink sometime!!!???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

whycliff wrote: »
    I presume she took the drink, chatted to him for few mins. And when he left her and the gurls took the p*ss about how she got a free drink out of the moron...
    i never offer to but a drink for a girl, not because i'm stingy or cant afford it.
    i've seen my fair share of ones around dublin who go out wihtout a bean in their pocket in expectations of different lads to buying them drinks all night, and barely striking up a conversation in return.
    Women are all for equality, well why dont hey pay for the meal, or offer to but a fella a drink sometime!!!???

Luckily not all women are like that - not even many imo. The ones who are tend to be completely annoying & way too fcuking much effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭SoWatchaWant

whycliff wrote: »

Very true. Dutch or no deal for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭bluto63

Worst ones:

'You're very pretty....Well done'

Or else

'You're pretty skinny....You must take a lot of ****s'

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭JangoFett

Chat up lines were never clever, I think that's the point of them?
    Whenever you try a genuine chat up line you get laughed at because they're all cheesy. I think he was trying to be funny, you know how they say "make her laugh and she's yours!"

That's a saying right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

I find if you approach birds in a club and start whispering some extremely explicit sexual terms and phrases into their ears, they get very turned on. You'll know its working when they sort of zone out and just stare into space , maybe along with a small little trembling in the hands. Its the imagination side of their brain working you see ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭magicianz

DarkJager wrote: »
    I find if you approach birds in a club and start whispering some extremely explicit sexual terms and phrases into their ears, they get very turned on. You'll know its working when they sort of zone out and just stare into space , maybe along with a small little trembling in the hands. Its the imagination side of their brain working you see ;)

Note: restraining orders and/or a swift kick to the crown jewels may ensue. :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

Ah give him/them a break, it's hard enough for a guy to approach a girl, especially if she's out with a big group of girls. If a guy can approach me whilst surrounded by my mates, and muster a conversation, even if the subject is bizarre, kudos to him because I'm dead shy about approaching guys. Cut them slack! :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭budgemook

did he pulll her in the end?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Fair fcuks to him
    I can never approach a girl with a chat-up line or even a general hello. Way to shy about it. The only times ive ever managed to start a conversation is because ive a habit of saying things out loud to myself the odd time and they think im talking to them :o

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭vanessamee

budgemook wrote: »
    did he pulll her in the end?

No she didn take to him at all!!!:)

She bought him 2 drinks she didn want the drink in the first place and he wasn made fun off when he left we said his was a nice fella, so funny but dat line put her off totally!!!
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭budgemook

so it was the line that put her off anyways yeah? haha, stinger. I'm not sure I even get the line... Maybe i'm just a dope though

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭battser

vanessamee wrote: »
    She bought him 2 drinks she didn want the drink in the first place and he wasn made fun off when he left we said his was a nice fella, so funny but dat line put her off totally!!!
    :pac:

If the line put her off and u can still say he was a ncie guy then it says a lot really! Sad tbh!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭me_right_one

Well outta all the things he could have said he decided on that like surely he could have have came up with some better

Ok then, YOU give an example

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭RossFixxxed

I'd love to see the women try lines all the time, while the men stand there like God's gift judging everyone who even happens to come in the vicinity.

Make of that what you will :)

Ok then, YOU give an example

fancy a good s**g :pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭magicianz

fancy a good s**g :pac::pac:

for the sake of scientific fairness......I think vanessamee should post a pic so that if any male (or female if shes into that) can use that line on her the next time they see her out + about :pac:

Advertisement