Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

when did men get so clueless with chat up lines???

Options

Comments

Mrmoe wrote: »
    It was you wasn't it?

I wish!

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭vanessamee

Are you kidding me, OP?! That's a brilliant line he used!

It's original, funny, and probably very true. It shall be my conversation starter for a long time now. Excellent stuff.

The man was clearly very funny and a genuine character, and your friend turned him away?

For shame.
    No she accepted a drink from him and chatted for a while, we laughed because it was so funny and silly really but a hello would ave done

I once was asked ''d'ya wanna go halves on a condom? I'll take the inside, you take the outside.''

:eek:

see there are clueless, but i think some woman are 2 my sister once told a guy "tell tom dooley get his jacket his pulled"ur man taut all his birthdays had came at once:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Captain-America

See, OP, he probably had a bet going with his mates that he could give any old line and still pull someone.

He's probably out fifty euro.

vanessamee wrote: »
    No she accepted a drink from him and chatted for a while, we laughed because it was so funny and silly really but a hello would ave done

Oh... So what was the problem? He had a funny icebreaker, he used it, you laughed, and everyone lived happily ever after..? It gave you something to talk about. A job well done by the guy, I think. Better than a regular old "hello".

It's not clueless, it's genius!

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

So your saying it worked?

OK, maybe he didn't give her the hot Beef injection, but it got the conversation started?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭Greyfox

Was out this evening with my friends when a guy came up to one of my friends and asked her did she know that lidis toilet paper blocks your sceptic tank we all burst out laughing and he asked her would she like a drink, its got to be the worst chat up line ive ever heard .

any one got worse ones!!!:eek:

Well at least he didn't use a chat-up line. It was a really terrible thing to say but at least it was original and he got a laugh out of you and he started a conversation which is a lot better than not approaching women at all like some men!

Oh... So what was the problem? He had a funny icebreaker, he used it, you laughed, and everyone lived happily ever after..? It gave you something to talk about. A job well done by the guy, I think. Better than a regular old "hello".

It's not clueless, it's genius!

:)

Well outta all the things he could have said he decided on that like surely he could have have came up with some better

well she only talked to him because my other friend taught it actually did block toliets ha plus he was a nice guy but he wont be chattig to her again:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭Greyfox

Well outta all the things he could have said he decided on that like surely he could have have came up with some better

Yes but if he had of spent a few minutes thinking of something better to say he would run the risk of someone else getting in their befor him or you's running off to the dancefloor...sometimes when guys say such nonsense it tells the girl that "I'm here to just have a laugh" and not desperately trying to score...at least the guy wasn't boreing!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

See, OP, he probably had a bet going with his mates that he could give any old line and still pull someone.

He's probably out fifty euro.

I doubt he's got €50 to fritter away if he's using Lidl toilet paper.

I doubt he's got €50 to fritter away if he's using Lidl toilet paper.

So true!:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

The best way to chat up women is to start with a compliment, such as "Hi, you look just like my Mother".
    Once you've got her hooked get her talking about her interests.
    For example, ask her if she prefers knitting or sewing.

It's also important to let the girl know that you're not afraid to splash the cash.
    Tell her that if she married you that you'd be straight down the Co-op to buy her a new cooker, washing machine and ironing board.

Finally when it's time to seal the deal devastate her with yet another irresistable compliment, such as "jaysus but don't you have a powerful set of child bearing hips on ya".
    Then ask her if "she's shiftin", stick in the head and she's all yours...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

I've discovered that women love sensitive musicians like Chris Martin, Jeff Buckley and Justin Timberlake so I simply approach them speaking in a high-register falsetto like a eunich. Drives them wild so it does.

The best way to chat up women is to start with a compliment, such as "Hi, you look just like my Mother".
    Once you've got her hooked get her talking about her interests.
    For example, ask her if she prefers knitting or sewing.

It's also important to let the girl know that you're not afraid to splash the cash.
    Tell her that if she married you that you'd be straight down the Co-op to buy her a new cooker, washing machine and ironing board.

Finally when it's time to seal the deal devastate her with yet another irresistable compliment, such as "jaysus but don't you have a powerful set of child bearing hips on ya".
    Then ask her if "she's shiftin", stick in the head and she's all yours...

Ya and dont forget the chains to tie her up to the kitchen and bedroom
    you must ave a good woman ta take your charming bull:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

bronte wrote: »
    "I'd leave you like a painter's radio"

Made me question my sexuality.

some one walked over and said that to you ?

:D:pac:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

'You're so ugly, theres a 95% chance I'll be eating your face in 5 minutes.'

'You're so ugly, theres a 95% chance I'll be eating your face in 5 minutes.'

What did you reply?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

it was a friend who was approached. she kicked him the balls. :pac:

it was a friend who was approached. she kicked him the balls. :pac:

|Fair play to her would have loved to ave seen his face i bet priceless:pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭JCDUB

Do ya like flowers pet??

Yes...

Well hows about gettin your tulips around me cock?

Also..

Do ya like wine gums?

Yes..

Well wind your gums around this baby.

Both courtesy of Sidney Smutt aka Sid the Sexist from Viz.
    BTW I've never used either, and never would, just thought I'd share with yis for a laugh.
    In fact, I've never used a chat up line full stop. They're a sign of lack of confidence if you ask me, If you don't have something original to say, then don't say anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭KevinVonSpiel

Worst/best story I've heard is about a 'friend' of mine who bumps into a girl he likes, knows well enough to say hello, says 'hi' & then hears himself fart..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭spudster101

Was out this evening with my friends when a guy came up to one of my friends and asked her did she know that lidis toilet paper blocks your sceptic tank we all burst out laughing and he asked her would she like a drink, its got to be the worst chat up line ive ever heard .

Chat up lines are gone to s**t

Is your dad a baker?

'Cause it looks like you've a bun in the oven.

Works all the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

I think it is genius.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

another example of irish women and their ridiculous high standards. If he can afford to buy his sh!t paper in lidl, hes good enough for your mate

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

well she only talked to him because my other friend taught it actually did block toliets ha plus he was a nice guy but he wont be chattig to her again:pac:

Another fallen comrade. :( If only he took Terry's advice and followed the tried and tested asshole approach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭994

|Fair play to her would have loved to ave seen his face i bet priceless:pac::pac:

LOL because female-on-male violence is automatically HILARIOUS :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

I started a conversation with a womanz that went along the lines of "Oh my God. You look like you're only 12....I like that" I ended up going out with her for a few months :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Probably around the same time 90% of women decided to leave the whole "first contact" thing up to men all the time.

Advertisement