Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

when did men get so clueless with chat up lines???

Options
  • 14-06-2009 11:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭

Was out this evening with my friends when a guy came up to one of my friends and asked her did she know that lidis toilet paper blocks your sceptic tank we all burst out laughing and he asked her would she like a drink, its got to be the worst chat up line ive ever heard .

any one got worse ones!!!:eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭GrahamThomas

Sounds like he was talking sh*te :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

Does your friend look cheap?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

What an asshole.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭vanessamee

Random wrote: »
    Does your friend look cheap?

god no:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

vanessamee wrote: »
    Was out this evening with my friends when a guy came up to one of my friends and asked her did she know that lidis toilet paper blocks your sceptic tank we all burst out laughing and he asked her would she like a drink, its got to be the worst chat up line ive ever heard .

Why do some women laugh at men for making the effort/building up their self condfidence to try and chat them up? when they themselves do not have the self confidence to chat a man up?

tbf the line was pretty retarded...but why use lines? When a simple hello should suffice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Jet Black

god no:pac:

Pics?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

when did men get so clueless with chat up lines???

When the Eastern European women arrived.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

"I'd leave you like a painter's radio"

Made me question my sexuality.

Hazys wrote: »
    Why do some women laugh at men for making the effort/building up their self condfidence to try and chat them up? when they themselves do not have the self confidence to chat a man up?

tbf the line was pretty retarded...but why use lines? When a simple hello should suffice

exactly "a hi im pat wats your name" is enough to get a conversation going!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Ah good, a fresh topic in AH at last.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

exactly "a hi im pat wats your name" is enough to get a conversation going!

What if your name isn't Pat?

well what ever it may be!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Hi my name is Dr. Doom, how are you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭truecrippler

Then you'll be going home with Pa(l)m.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,583 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

That's the point Ainsley Huge Labyrinth, never give them your real name. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

You should have told him to shop in Aldi :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Something I posted last week said to a woman looking through her handbag on the ground, mate of mine looks down at her and says 'while you down there love'

Saibh wrote: »
    You should have told him to shop in Aldi :pac:

She asked that and he said its only lidi as far as he knows.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

Ha I like that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭magicianz

Want to talk to a girl? Compliment her! (And 'corr you've got huge knockers!' doesnt count) :-P its EZ mode from there on! :-P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

That wasn't so much a chat up line than just an attempt to start a conversation. I thought chat up lines were more like ''did it hurt when you fell from heaven?'' and other such cheesy stuff?!

Some men are a bit thick in what they say to women but you can't blame a guy for trying. (particularly when it's the man more often than not who is expected to make a move first) It only bothers me when a guy is blatantly rude or suggestive, like when I was told I'm the ''perfect height for a blowjob''. :mad: Chat up lines are more charming/cheesy than vulgar and methinks your man from the club sounds like a character! :p

magicianz wrote: »
    Want to talk to a girl? Compliment her! (And 'corr you've got huge knockers!' doesnt count) :-P its EZ mode from there on! :-P

exactly:)

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭draward

does the toilet paper block the thank

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Sometimes, septic doesn't always work.

Are you kidding me, OP?! That's a brilliant line he used!

It's original, funny, and probably very true. It shall be my conversation starter for a long time now. Excellent stuff.

The man was clearly very funny and a genuine character, and your friend turned him away?

For shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

More of an icebreaker then a chat up line really, poor oul divil probably isnt very confident, likes your friend and got the courage up to talk to her at least...FAIR PLAY..what do you do eh?>Laugh in the poor chaps face...for shame.

Brutal Ice breaker all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

draward wrote: »
    does the toilet paper block the thank

You deserve a tanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭Mrmoe

Are you kidding me, OP?! That's a brilliant line he used!

It's original, funny, and probably very true. It shall be my conversation starter for a long time now. Excellent stuff.

The man was clearly very funny and a genuine character, and your friend turned him away?

For shame.

It was you wasn't it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Nothingcompares

sounds like a funny and harmless icebreaker to me. did he get much chat out of her afterwards?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Nameajaysus

I once was asked ''d'ya wanna go halves on a condom? I'll take the inside, you take the outside.''

:eek:

Advertisement