Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boylepoker Boards Baby Bounty Bash

Options
  • 13-06-2009 8:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭

Ok folks,

Going to post this a little earlier than planned because i want to inject some life into the Poker form after the shananigans today.

Back in 2008, on My 5000th post thread, i mentioned..
    Flushdraw wrote: »
    That was a special day for me and I was in good spirits because I’d been chatting to Gill for a while and we decided to start dating, and now 10 months later, we’re still together and planning a future so things looking great on that front :_))

I'm delighted to announce that we are expecting a baby around Christmas time. She has 2 children which i call my own, and now we'll have one together to make a happy family. I'll be moving up to Letterkenny towards the end of the year so i'll hope to play live a few times before then and meet some boardsies i've yet to meet before i make the move.

Today is an indifferent day, because i met Gill through the poker forum, and now it looks like the BBV could come to an end. It would be a sad day and i reckon i'll cease to post here anymore should that happen as i've made tons of friends through the poker forum and the BBV in particular. I'm sure there's many more people like me so lets hope the smods see sense and let us have our BBV back.

Anyways, dont want to derail my own thread, because its called the Boylepoker Boards Baby Bounty Bash.

To celebrate, i've asked Ciaran Corbett to setup a private MTT on Boylepoker for me. It will be a $10 freezeout and i'm going to put a $30 bounty on both myself and Gillybeans head. The tournie has yet to be created but it will be held on Sunday 21st June @ 9pm. I really hope many of you will play and who can turn down the lure of free money haha!

I'll post up full details of the tournament on Boylepoker once i get details from Ciaran.

Just to be nice, i'll let you all twist my arm and i'll throw another tournament once the baby is born ;)

For anyone that doesn't know us, see below..I'm the one on the right :D

france2053.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

CONGRATS!!!

Great news for you and brilliant to see the power of the poker forum! Absolutely delighted for ya tony! And dont stop posting here, you'd be HUGELY missed!

Top bloke, and congrats to you both! :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭Lurker1977

Many congrats Tony and Gill :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Whyno

Congrats tony and gill. Not many know me on here but boards even though i`m on it a pretty long time.It is a great place imo and only really this year have i started to post more especially in the BBV. It was a great thread and fun to read every day. I logged on bout 5.30 today and felt lost without it.:mad:
    I can see lots of us not posting on here if that thread is perma binned which will be tres bad for boards imo.
    As fo your tourney tony i`ll be a defo runner in it to support yas....

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Gillybean72

Whyno wrote: »
    Congratsny and gill. Not many know me on here but boards even though i`m on it a pretty long time.It is a great place imo and only really this year have i started to post more especially in the BBV. It was a great thread and fun to read every day. I logged on bout 5.30 today and felt lost without it.:mad:
    I can lots of us not posting on here if that thread is perma binned which will be tres bad for boards imo.
    As fo your tourney tony i`ll be a defo runner in it to support yas....

I hear ya Whyno. I rarely post in any threads BUT the BBV, I doubt very much I will be hanging around as I have neither the confidence or the experience to post in some of the threads about theory and HH.

But the poker forum has done loads for me and its a shame to see this happen. I loved the community feel about the place and find it tragic that the poker forum will lose a lot of its zest.

Thanks for the good wishes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭The_Chopper

I wish you both the very best.......

When you proposing Tony (I've done it now :))

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,275 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Big congrats to you both.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭hopalong85

congrats to both of you!:) count me in for the boyle tourney.

don't know many here but i read the bbv a lot, it has some great characters and always makes a night of grinding far more entertaining. it's a damn shame if it doesn't come back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭hatedajacks

Great news! Delighted for u both.Couldn't happen to a nicer couple,from myself and Jane

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭fatguy

Grats folks. I've only recently started posting here and feel like I'm really starting to know a few of you quite well. I hope that we aren't driven out. We could always start our own poker forum, or maybe adopt another one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

Congrats to you both!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Whyno

I hear ya Whyno. I rarely post in any threads BUT the BBV, I doubt very much I will be hanging around as I have neither the confidence or the experience to post in some of the threads about theory and HH.

But the poker forum has done loads for me and its a shame to see this happen. I loved the community feel about the place and find it tragic that the poker forum will lose a lot of its zest.

Thanks for the good wishes :)

For one thing gill you should never fear posting...There will be a few fcekers that will cut you in two ta start but when they realise ur askin a serious question youll always get there honest opinions. As for posting in the theory thead everyones opinion and views on hands is what this place is all about imo

• Registered Users Posts: 37,959 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Congrats to you both. And same sentiments as regards this forum, or should I say this whole site.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

eagle eye wrote: »
    Congrats to you both. And same sentiments as regards this forum, or should I say this whole site.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭ridonkulous

Congrats, don't know you personally but know your brother Graham very well and im sure your family is delighted with the news. I hope all goes well with the new edition to the family.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭strewelpeter

Thats fantastic news, I'm delighted for both of ye.
    Good luck with the pregnancy and very best wishes for the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭The Istanbul

Well done to you both

I suppose if you keep drawing enough Tony you are bound to hit the baby flush:D

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Tony_Montana

Many Congrats both. Good way to celebrate it too with a tournie fair play ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭Macspower

Great news! Congrats to you both!

As regards the BBV I'm of the opinon we should find a new home and mod it ourselves..

Macspower wrote: »
    Great news! Congrats to you both!

As regards the BBV I'm of the opinon we should find a new home and mod it ourselves..

We would hate to see posts removed or this thread locked due to BBV bashing. So lets save that for another day/place :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

So pleased for you two!

WSOP winner 2030... wonder would PP take a bet on it :D

xx

• Advertisement

themadchef wrote: »
    So pleased for you two!

WSOP winner 2030... wonder would PP take a bet on it :D

xx

Thanks Kat. Better ask BCB what his price will be :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

Congratulations to both of you :) who would of thunk it that a couple would spring up out of the poker forum let alone a baby out of that then!

I can see it now, odds on boy or girl, overs/unders on weight of baby etc etc..... :p

Well done and my best wishes again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭sickpuppy

Well done to both of you dunno Gil but Tony one of the good guys on the live scene.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

If it's a boy, it'll probably be born sporting a tache!
    Congrats to you both!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭cuterob

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iArJm9gBvg

i like that top you are wearing Tony..wp

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

We would hate to see posts removed or this thread locked due to BBV bashing. So lets save that for another day/place :pac:
    This won't be locked. But let's try to keep it to the main topic guys and gals for posterity sake. It's a huge day for 2 Poker forum regulars, and a hearty congrats from me.

Delighted for you both...

It's also a huge moment in the Poker forum history... babies born out of this forum... hell yeah!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

cuterob wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iArJm9gBvg

i like that top you are wearing Tony..wp

That was in Nice and it was hot alright!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭DAMO72

Dirty buggers, LOL Congrats M8 . I hope its christmas day as thats my birthday.
    Oh congrats to you also Gill

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭ElectraBlue

OMG! Terrific news!!!! WP & Congratulations to you both! ;)

Will try to donate to the MTT too... Gilly owes me BIG TIME after knocking me out of the Kayroo Charity Tournament - her bounty will be extra sweeeeeeet perk too! :D:D:D

Hmmm... only beat: have to get out of another commitment on that day first! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭cuterob

Flushdraw wrote: »
    That was in Nice and it was hot alright!!

i thought that was letterkenny??

Advertisement