Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shutter Island

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 PRDY

Ok i just watched it and what i think is:
    di caprio really is a cop and is sane and he knows too much about the island so they fake a missing prisoner,( they replace her with the wrong person an the real one is waiting in a cave, chuck leads him to the cave by pretending to fall, in the cave the person telld him what is actually happening, thats hes being drugged and all to **** around with him and make him confused so he cant trust anyone)(please read sentence before first bracket to continue) knowing that he will go to speak to your man who made the fire that killed his wife (i am tottaly **** with names!) he is speaking to other prisoners, trying to find out about the "missing" prisoners and one knows what is happening so she rights RUN on his paper. All this while he is being drugged and brainwashed but it doesnt work properly till the end when he is in the lighthouse. Here he is brainwashed and firmly believes he killed his wife because she killed their daughters and believes he has been on the island for two years. He believes he is sane now but doesnt want to live with what he has "done", so he pretends to be what he believes is "insane" and that hes a cop (which is really true and the doctors know this, but he doesnt because hes now brainwashed) the doctors want to get rid of him anyway so they let him pretend and they preform lobomosy or whatever its called at the lighthouse or just kill him.......thats what i think

I know my writing seems confusing but bear with it, i needed to let it all out before i forgot any!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

Wow.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 PRDY

Renn wrote: »
    Wow.

hmmmmm, is that a bad wow?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭TiGeR KiNgS

PRDY wrote: »
    hmmmmm, is that a bad wow?

I'm going to speak for Renn and say yes, wow in a bad way, a very bad way.

Reasons:
    spoilt the whole story
    no paragraphs, one sentence is half a paragraph
    poor sentence formation, indecipherable almost
    dialogue contained pointless 'witticisms'
    no critique/opinions/recommendations given
    your post was just a simplistic attempt at narrating the story. Why?

Overall,
    F+. The + because you seem new here and probably unaware

I suspect your post will either be deleted or heavily edited by a mod......Hopefully

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 19 Violate_Me

Sooooooooo......

Did he relapse in the end or finally realise the truth but was unwilling to go on living with this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Violate_Me wrote: »
    Sooooooooo......

Did he relapse in the end or finally realise the truth but was unwilling to go on living with this?

He came to his senses but decided he would rather die a hero then live as a monster, so pretended that he was still mad.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 19 Violate_Me

Haven't watched it yet but I LOVED the book. What a cast - Di Caprio, Ruffalo, Jackie Earl Ray, Kingsley, Von Sydow

http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/shutterisland
    He came to his senses but decided he would rather die a hero then live as a monster, so pretended that he was still mad.

Yes, I'd be inclined to agree with you.

Loved the movie, just bought the book. A decent read?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Violate_Me wrote: »
    A decent read?

Dennis Lehane is a brilliant author. Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭RedemptionZ

Dragging up a zombie thread here I know but I've finally got around to watching this and thought it was absolutely brilliant. I know a few people said they guessed what was happening but I hadn't a clue. Kingsley was quality and were Leo and Ruffalo.

If you're like me and procrastinate seeing movies and this is on your list then give it a watch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Loved it, right up to the point where I hated it and probably wouldn't ever watch it again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,728 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

kryogen wrote: »
    Loved it, right up to the point where I hated it and probably wouldn't ever watch it again.

I dont know if your refering to the same point, But I thought it was brilliant and then it got even better.
    I wasn't expecting the twist but it ultimately made the film one of my favourites.

Advertisement