Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCG discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭galway.gaa

whats the point of this thread we havnt even sat the test yet:confused: but id be hopin to get an A1 i did a fairly good project and i got 88% in the mocks, so fingers crossed we get a nice paper tomorrow which i think we will

• Registered Users Posts: 12,604 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Roads, mining and assemblies are guaranteed, so you can like that vagina all night.

How do you do mining on the maps, does anyone have any solutions they can send me, cause I haven't a clue.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭sron

I'm revising boreholes and i've realised that i know a lot less than i had previously thought.

When given the measurements do i measure from the point down or the horizontal plane up?
    Also, what line to you measure on, the vertical or the skew line?
    Lastly, is the headwall always above the footwall in elevation?

I know how to get strike, dip and all that but i've completely blanked on how to set the question up.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Prowetod

For the development q in surface geometry is it right in saying that you only have to do half of the development?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

Right, all i know is; Interpenetration, Assemblies, Intersecting Planes, roads and mining and a few parts of section A. If the first 4 don't come up i am absolutly screwed.

And **** that DCG name, in my heart it's still good old TD.

Ah its still tech graph to me!

• Advertisement

So eh, when you're doing Skew Boreholes on the map, do we draw an elevation ? Or what. Cause I haven't a clue, I have no solutions and its not in the books !!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Elevevation of them, which means if it's not vertical you have to find the true lenght of it and put that into the elevation.

Lolwut, how the **** do you find a true length without at least one elevation...

auxilary elevation

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭VinnyTGM

I'm not looking forward to this test.

• Advertisement

And we are meant to do all these elevations on a ****ing contour map?

What a pain in the ****ing vagina.

errlloyd wrote: »
    And we are meant to do all these elevations on a ****ing contour map?

What a pain in the ****ing vagina.

Yep, i have no idea how i'm going to fit it all in :confused:

how your going to fit all that pain in the vagina? Me neither, like mine just isn't big enough for all that pain...

Banter, well like I assume we can't really go wrong with space.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

HOW DO YOU GET THE APPARENT DIP?!?!?!?!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭KokaNoodles

mink_man wrote: »
    I DONT KNOW!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Please stop yelling.... :rolleyes:

On the sample paper you just set up an Aux elevation looking from south west (err 45 degreez like /) in the plan, take the points from the main elev and hence you have apparent dip... Err I think... But I don't actually know... At all.

Can someone upload a sample paper solutions please...

papu wrote: »
    quick sketch , gets the jist across

for horizontal plane you just do the same in the plan make a cone and move it down

line%20of%20inc.JPG
    does this diagram meassure the angle of inclination to the vertical or horizontal plane?

Oh man if you don't know that your not doing too well. Horizontal babe.

errlloyd wrote: »
    Oh man if you don't know that your not doing too well. Horizontal babe.
    thanks:) thats the only thing i wasnt to sure of. i got an A in the mocks so im goin fairly well compared to most. i dont know why i didnt know that. i must be tired. im actually lookin forward to this test tomorrow:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Damien671

Can any body tell me how tp get the Plane Director in the structural forms Q ?
    I have looked at solutions and the book but cant figure it out plz help.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Prowetod

mink_man wrote: »

BUMP!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

eoccork wrote: »
    BUMP!

Apparent DIP:-
    In Plan setup new borehole in given direction from given point, or either point if none specified.

Pick two random vertical Boreholes on this new borehole (index one of them HF and the other hf {note - 'H'&'h' =headwall, 'F'&'f'=Footwall}

Setup an X1Y1 parallel to this new borehole.

Project the two points HF & hf into both the DIP aux view and the new aux view and locate four points H, F, h & f on the headwall and footwall in the dip view.

Transfer these heights of H&F and h&f from the dip view into new Aux View, join H to h, and F to f and either line is the apparent Dip. Just indicate the Apparent Dip.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Teliko

Well, chaps.

Just came across this thread while desperately searching for some decent marking schemes and solutions.

Best of luck to you all in the exam in two hours, ten minutes :P

Hope you're not as incredibly ****ed up the ass for it as I am.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭croker1

sorry if this question has been asked a million times but how do you get the angle of inclination to the VERTICAL plane???????????

i know you have to make a cone outa it... but say your lookin in at the elevation, are you then lookin at the cone from the top (i.e as a plan of the cone but on the elevation of the triangle) ?????????

DCG is IMPOSSIBLE to translate into words!!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 MrSnuffleupagus

Teliko wrote: »

Hope you're not as incredibly ****ed up the ass for it as I am.

'fraid so, so much work to do...:(

We've NEVER used those red and blue books in my class! Money down the drain, it seems...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

croker1 wrote: »
    sorry if this question has been asked a million times but how do you get the angle of inclination to the VERTICAL plane???????????

i know you have to make a cone outa it... but say your lookin in at the elevation, are you then lookin at the cone from the top (i.e as a plan of the cone but on the elevation of the triangle) ?????????

DCG is IMPOSSIBLE to translate into words!!

i "think" this is right
    vp.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

Yep, thats correct

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭sheehy898

How did it go for everybody?I found it fairly ok for the most part anyway.

Advertisement