Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Paper 2 honours

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭arthistory

am is bealodis.... eachtrai dochreidte and driaocht?

yep that would do fine!! i did greann and aibeil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭arthistory

Dinnseachas...is it the same as logainm???????

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭--homeslice--

JW91 wrote: »

Did someone say they ran out of time? How could you possibly run out of time on that paper? 3 Hours and 20 minutes! I was finished over an hour early and so were most of the others in my school.
    There's way too much time layed out for that paper in my opinion

i'd usually be in the same boat, like i left about an hour early in the mocks, but I was just writing away with my complete and utter failing attempt at irish and then all i hear is '5 minutes'' and i was only on the an mhathair question!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Uaschamóg wrote: »
    everyone stop complaining about gealt and stair the gaeilge. if it was on the course you should have known it.

In fairness, Stair na Gaeilge covers an awful lot of material; no one could be expected to learn it all off. You just have to pick bits and pieces and hope whatever you choose comes up. It's a pretty useless part of the course imo.

To those of you worried about Stair na Gaeilge, remember that it's only worth a few marks and it isn't marked harshly. I somehow managed an A1 in my LC Irish exam and my answers for Stair na Gaeilge were atrocious! One of the topics was "Padraig Pearse agus Athbheochan na Gaeilge". My answer went along the lines of:

"Padraig Pearse was born in Dublin.
    He was a teacher.
    He loved Irish (:rolleyes:)
    He played a large part in "Athbheochan na Gaeilge" (whatever that is...)
    He died in 1916" (couldn't remember the Irish for Easter rising.)

Evidence! :D

To this day, I don't have a clue what "Athbheochan na Gaeilge" actually is! It just goes to show that if you write down anything even vaguely relevant, you're likely to get some marks for it. So don't dwell on it too much! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Athbheochan = revival. ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement