Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Paper 1. Aftermath.

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 DUDE!

I was so happy today.. I had only learned the celtic tiger eassay and a bit of poverty paragraghs so I was delighted..- I learned every word of the eassay but it was only 2 and a half pages in the end!..Im a little nervous that I didnt write enough...?? how much should you be writing for a high b grade like??
    So freaked for 2mo!! :eek::eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Claypigeon

DUDE! wrote: »
    I was so happy today.. I had only learned the celtic tiger eassay and a bit of poverty paragraghs so I was delighted..- I learned every word of the eassay but it was only 2 and a half pages in the end!..Im a little nervous that I didnt write enough...?? how much should you be writing for a high b grade like??
    So freaked for 2mo!! :eek::eek::eek:

Don't you think you could have thought of this in the last 2 years ? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭phic

my examiner for the oral was nothern. it was so tragic, i hadn't a CLUE what she was saying!
    Felt like saying could you please just talk normally?
    Northerners never say more than the first letter of a word,after that the just go aaaaay! so ta, te and teigh all sound the same! taaaay
    anywhoo yeah wasn't actually that bad on the tape thank god!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 DUDE!

Claypigeon wrote: »
    Don't you think you could have thought of this in the last 2 years ? :P
    well we only started eassays in 6th year so i couldnt have been doing it for two years actually!..I did exactly what my teacher said to do but I want to know was what she was telling me enough?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Claypigeon

DUDE! wrote: »
    well we only started eassays in 6th year so i couldnt have been doing it for two years actually!..I did exactly what my teacher said to do but I want to know was what she was telling me enough?!

Get a bit of initiative - you're not in bunscoil :) At the age of 18 you should be doing your own work and moderating your own progress and working on your weak points... You're online right now, for the last 2 years you haven't asked any questions online or looked for opinions on what to focus on, what books are good?

Relying on a teacher is a bad idea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭VinnyTGM

I did alright on the comprehensions, real bad on the letter and essay.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

PlayGirl wrote: »
    Paper 2 ?

I'm not studying for that. I don't need Irish for points and I need to revise French and History for the next 2 days. I just hope a poem and story I can still remember comes up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Twilighter

I thought the tapes were good, some of my friends hate them but they're grand.
    The Donegal accent is absolutely appalling, and I'm from Donegal!

Tomorrow, I've pretty much learned everything that's to be learned of Dá mb'fheidir aris. Also praying for an easy Bhean Óg or Clare sa Spéir question.
    Doing the ursceal roghnach question so hopefully it'll be okk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

No, you can't. Going from the highest point of your range to the lowest within one word is NOT okay. Certainly not something to be examined on as I can't for the life of me understand a word anyone says up the North beyond "situation" which is only recognisable because it comes out sounding like "sitchy ray-chain" in a shrill blast of noise

From my experience of Donegal Irish speakers no one speaks like the guys on the tape.

Thought the Lotto guy was terribly hard to understand, way more so than the Donegal chaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

the lotto guy really was awful and it wasn't because of his accent

how long should the aiste be goys?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

It said scór but then specified what I understood as 15 jobs in a market and 5 additional jobs in a related office? I think.
    Damn, I thought I heard something about another few but I thought maybe I'd brainwashed myself with the whole "Scór" malarkey

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭superLeetive

I was so.. sásta with that paper!!!:D

The minute I saw "Slán leis an Tíogair Ceilteach!", I just started scrawling but hadn't really prepared it as I thought it coming up would be too good to be true. Threw in stuff about the collapse of the construction industry (read some artice in today's Irish Times saying "the worst is over" so threw that in), the closure of so many factories/loss of jobs, the nationalisation (naisiúnaigh???) of Anglo Irish, last Friday's Central Statistics Office report saying that there's more than 400,000 on the live register and NAMA etc. but then realised 4 pages in that 99% of candidates would probably have deadly stuff learnt off for this so wished I chosen the OBAMA one!:( Hopefully get the 20 marks for eolas though and about 60ish for Gaeilge!

Thought the Ulster Irish was easier to understand than usual..wasn't too fond of the Lotto lad though!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Jeebus

Was a bit annoyed Tiogar Ceilteach came up, myself.

I am fairly handy at the 'aul Irish, generally speaking, so if it came down to me vs the rest of the country in an Irish-off, I would be quite confident ! Going down to Feothanach this year as a leader in Irish college for three weeks, so I was fairly confident heading in.

Sadly, at the end of the day it came down to me vs the rest of the country and their reams of prepared, perfect notes !

Bit annoyed, but ce'st la vie. Its my own fault for fecking up the oral and not learning off an essay...and completely ignoring paper 2 !

Ah well ! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

(Ordinary) 2 comprehensions were a doss, letter was simple and the story well I'm crap at them but it went ok. Then the aural went grand. Hopefully have my pass now as I hate a good Paper 1, Aural and Oral, that account for 82% so just hoping for a pass.

As for Paper 2, 18% to learn like 10 things and stuff about them, go ask me swiss!

Advertisement