Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Paper 1. Aftermath.

Options
  • 08-06-2009 4:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭

Did anyone find the paper ridiculously easy?
    I did the essay on the Celtic Tiger but I thought the comprehensions were so simple compared to other years!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭~Candy~

:p you are out early?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭seany2929

Twilighter wrote: »
    Did anyone find the paper ridiculously easy?
    I did the essay on the Celtic Tiger but I thought the comprehensions were so simple compared to other years!

What topics were the comprehensions on?

What were the essay choices?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

I didn't think they'd bow to putting the Celtic Tiger on. All they achieved now is having a a splurge of learnt off essays, basically those who did it.:mad::mad:

Ah well, did the diospóireacht on Gaelige.

And I've now got my B3 for Early and Modern Irish in TCD.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭manutd4life

i did the people and things that are important to me essay
    the comprehensions were alrite

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭vladglenin

I didn't think they'd bow to putting the Celtic Tiger on. All they achieved now is having a a splurge of learnt off essays, basically those who did it.:mad::mad:

You're some <snip>

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Black kettle

Paper wasn't too bad bit annoying though I learned essays on the health system, poverty, alcohol, drugs, safety on the roads and travel every essay they gave us in the institute and none of them came up!!!!! Had to do the teenager one...

On another note the irish tape was complete bollocks!!!!!! ridiculous!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭GA361

Happy enough with it. . . . Comps were a bit trickier than last year but still grand. . . .Essay was lovely,was tempted to do the Celtic Tiger but did Obama,a nice essay. . . . . The tape was grand,the donegal accents were so easy this year. . . .
    A good pick-me-up after that disaster of a maths paper:(

vladglenin wrote: »
    You're some twat.
    orly-4.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Walsh

OL was grand, if any really gives a **** haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 squirrel!

and whats wrong with learning off essays? you learn asnwers to other questions these are just longer answers:D well im happy with it fell asleep for five mns until one of the girls walkin out hit me on the shoulder! whew that could of been a disaster:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Yeah, OL was pish easy. Out after an hour and a half, page done for the sceal, page for the litir and the easy comprehensions... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

Nice and easy paper! Few of the new words I learned for the essay on an Tiogar Ceilteach came up in the listening as well, like breosla and whatnot :D
    Thought the listening was graaaand, only thing I didn't get was that seanfhocal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Ordinary level ftw! Did the sceal about your friend falling on the ground in Croke Park and the one about Summer 2008.

Aural was ok, alot of the questions were number based ones. Very happy overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭A-Bit-Dodge

anybody know what the seanfhocal at the end of the tape was? My cousin asked me but I dont know what she is talking about..:p

I've a feeling it means 'If you're not in, you can't win', but that's a half-guess based on context :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 artemus

such an easy paper and tape....was goin for an a1 but didnt learn any easys because i usually make them up...pissed that celtic tiger came up as everyone had reams of stuff learned off!!think i maxed out the comps and tape but most people did well i feel....bringt on a hard paper 2!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

Did Ordinary level, was very happy with it, not the best Irish student but wrote just over half a page for letter, just under for both scéal and the gíota leathúnach (Did both because I had plenty of extra time and wasn't as happy with my scéal as my letter)

artemus wrote: »
    such an easy paper and tape....was goin for an a1 but didnt learn any easys because i usually make them up...pissed that celtic tiger came up as everyone had reams of stuff learned off!!think i maxed out the comps and tape but most people did well i feel....bringt on a hard paper 2!!

Aontaim go huille is go hiomlán leat. Ar gach rud! :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

Did OL, wasn't bothered at all!

Did anyone else's examiner let the CD run all the way to the end? It says "Slán!" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Uaschamóg

a1 in the bag lads. simple

• Advertisement

El Pr0n wrote: »
    Did OL, wasn't bothered at all!

Did anyone else's examiner let the CD run all the way to the end? It says "Slán!" :D

Lol, yup. That was funny :D

Ours also tried to play the Junior cert one first.... Pure panic on everyone's face when nobody could get any of the first answers!!! :pac: :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 artemus

Aontaim go huille is go hiomlán leat. Ar gach rud! :pac::pac:
    `good to hear someone agrees!!****tin it for paper 2 now....dont really kno all the material but hopefully my irish will get me tru!!:(:(

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Am I the only one who found that listening atrociously difficult? *cries*

On the bright side paper one was brilliant! Celtic tiger? I just shoved in everything - recession, unemployment, crappy health service, no more free fees, even got something bout the environment in there for the laugh... :O Woo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Uaschamóg

it was "muna chuireann tu siol, ni faigheann tu fomhar"

if you dont plant a seed, you cant get crops

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭phic

Well that was grand! Did anyone else find the second comprehension really boring though? Like why don't they put anything interesting up!

Did the Gaeilge should be a choice essay, went against it, hoping to score brownie points with the examiner by going on about my great love of Irish!
    Listening was good, only one or two answers I didn't get!No idea what the seanfhocail was either!

Overall went a LOT better than expected!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

I thought HL was grand, comprehensions were fine, got a bit distracted by yer man off climbing mountains tho :D

The essays had something for everyone i think, i did the debate on irish :)

Uaschamóg wrote: »
    it was "muna chuireann tu siol, ni faigheann tu fomhar"

if you dont plant a seed, you cant get crops

So....not translating literally, and taking it in context....:eek: I was right!!

\o/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭ThatWouldBeNice

For OL I had prepared an essay on an accident in winter. I had lots of vocab on ice, fog etc. Turns out the essay title was 'Summer 2008' haha. I got around it by saying something like ''I couldn't believe it - it was summer but it was snowing! What was going on?" and then continuing on as usual ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Claypigeon

OL was a total joke haha, me and the lads finished after about 30-45 minutes and fecked off into town to buy crap then lazed around on the lawns eating and setting things on fire. Result.

Listening comp was so easy that I had time to translate every question in between repetitions because I got most things first time around, so glad I dropped down. "What month is the festival in" my days that's awesome to see on an LC paper.
    For OL I had prepared an essay on an accident in winter. I had lots of vocab on ice, fog etc. Turns out the essay title was 'Summer 2008' haha. I got around it by saying something like ''I couldn't believe it - it was summer but it was snowing! What was going on?" and then continuing on as usual

Essay in OL? Surely you mean the 1-2 page excuse for an essay that revolves around things happening "go tobann" and commenting on the weather "thanks be to God".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭aine-maire

Happy with paper...stayed til five minutes before the end, it was just me and the super lol

Did Tíogar Ceilteach! Sligobrewer,fyi,did not have an essay learned off(didn't even have a plan learned off) just made up my plan on spot and wove in the aul' nathanna I'd learned :D

Advertisement