Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maths Paper II (HL) - How was it?

Options
12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Des23

Fince wrote: »
    are you not considering the DCU actuarial option at all? its more maths, longer established, less points (don't know if thats a concern for you or not) same amount of exemptions.

Yeah, I was thinking about it and it is down on my CAO, I just haven't really considered it too deeply. I know there isn't too much between the two courses My sister is in UCD and that just makes things a lot easier for loads of reasons. I don't know anything about DCU, out of laziness more than anything, but I should check it out. Yes points would be an issue I suppose, I mean if things go well I would feel I'd have a chance, but who knows...

On that note I'm off to research DCU... when is the closing date for the CAO?

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Prowetod

Des23 wrote: »
    Yeah, I was thinking about it and it is down on my CAO, I just haven't really considered it too deeply. I know there isn't too much between the two courses My sister is in UCD and that just makes things a lot easier for loads of reasons. I don't know anything about DCU, out of laziness more than anything, but I should check it out. Yes points would be an issue I suppose, I mean if things go well I would feel I'd have a chance, but who knows...

Wow this thread has sidetracked!

1st of July I think, I am also going to be doing something with maths involved - thinking of maths science in UCC

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Fince

Des23 wrote: »

i've a cousin (doing the actuary course) and a neighbour in DCU so thats why i'm seriously considering that. i went up there for a look a couple of months back. campus is alrite, wouldn't put you off, but wouldn't inspire you to go there.

this tread has got very sidetracked.

Observation:there are 100 less posts on this thread in response to maths paper 2 than there was in the thread for maths paper one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

Fince wrote: »
    i've a cousin (doing the actuary course) and a neighbour in DCU so thats why i'm seriously considering that. i went up there for a look a couple of months back. campus is alrite, wouldn't put you off, but wouldn't inspire you to go there.

this tread has got very sidetracked.

Observation:there are 100 less posts on this thread in response to maths paper 2 than there was in the thread for maths paper one.

No love for paper 2:(.

I've msiss in Trinity down for no1. It's a pretty maths heavy course. I'm fairly sure that I'll get the 450 points required. Unless it goes up a lot.

Advertisement