Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Local & European Elections 2009 - Results Thread

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

KK CoCo so far...12 FG, 6 FF, 4 Lab, 1 Grn and 1 Ind.

2 seats (Thomastown) still to be filled, its between:

Dixie Doyle (Ind)
    Michael O'Brien (Lab)
    Sean Treacy (FF)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭road_high

6 seats (so far) for FF :confused:. Terrible result for them. And to think FF people were gloating here. Deluded people indeed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

Kilkenny County Council 2009 Results.

Callan:
    Billy Ireland (FG)
    Matt Doran (FF)
    Pat Crowley (Ind)
    Tom Maher (FG)

Ballyragget:
    Maurice Shorthall (Lab)
    Mary Hilda Cavanagh (FG)
    Pat Millea (FF)
    John Brennan (FG)
    Catherine Connery (FG)

Piltown:
    Tomas Breathnach (Lab)
    Pat Dunphy (FG)
    Ann Maria Irish (FG)
    Eamon Aylward (FF)
    Fidelis Doherty (FG)
    Cora Long (FF)

Thomastown:
    Pat O Neill (FG)
    Ann Phelan (Lab)
    Michael O'Brien (Lab)
    Sean Treacy (FF)

Kilkenny:
    Andrew McGuinness (FF)
    Martin Brett (FG)
    Malcolm Noonan (Grn)
    Marie Fitzpatrick (Lab)
    John Coonan (FF)
    Betty Manning (FG)
    Paul Cuddihy (FG)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 sooshie

mfitzy wrote: »
    McGuiness's right hand man looses his seat, has to be a big big story locally.
    Bit ironic here since as I was just reading FF/Mc Guinness people here actually GLOATING that a first time young chap for FG did not get in. What goes around comes around.
    ok hands up i prob aired some dirty linen here....i shouldnt have said what i did about darren, i was just miffed over past things said and done, but i do apologise. i am sorry for that remark.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Is that not him, David Cullinane? I was sure they were together :confused:

Sorry, I was looking for someone with her surname. He moved to KK actually, I think, while being elected in Waterford. Might be partly why he lost a huge chunk of votes.

• Advertisement

Yes, moved up the road to Knocktopher I think. Still probably had some impact in that he wasn't "on the ground" all the time. But Funchion was not living in Kilkenny itself and seems to ahve pulled it off..

sooshie wrote: »
    ok hands up i prob aired some dirty linen here....i shouldnt have said what i did about darren, i was just miffed over past things said and done, but i do apologise. i am sorry for that remark.

Well done and respect your apology. Fair play. Sad to hear Pat loosing out, good guy, don't think he deserved it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 sooshie

Well done and respect your apology. Fair play. Sad to hear Pat loosing out, good guy, don't think he deserved it.
    yeah its really disappointin about pat, he is indeed a lovely man, such a pity. everyone is really shocked. most wouldve predicted pat gettin a seat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Purry Cat

sooshie wrote: »
    yeah its really disappointin about pat, he is indeed a lovely man, such a pity. everyone is really shocked. most wouldve predicted pat gettin a seat

And he would have if Andrew McGuinness had been a team player and settled for less enormous a share of the vote. Sad for Fitzpatrick - but how typical of the McGuinnesses.

Purry Cat wrote: »
    And he would have if Andrew McGuinness had been a team player and settled for less enormous a share of the vote. Sad for Fitzpatrick - but how typical of the McGuinnesses.

My thoughts exactly Purry. There was more than enough votes for Pat ,but no, the Mc Guinnesses had to hog the limelight at the expense of their OWN guy. And a very decent guy he is. A lesson to anybody involved with them; They will look after their own backs when times are tough.

• Advertisement
Advertisement