Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post your Tracks - Give Feedback here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

I have a new EP coming out in August on The Beauty Of Melody records. There's three tracks, one of which will be on my new album which will be out later in the year.

This is one of the EP-only tracks:

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

Here's something new I've been playing around with lately. House music for the club floor
    https://soundcloud.com/scoob89/these-thingsdemo2/s-2CCbJ

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

^^^ link appears not to be working Keith?

Here's a quick snippit of me preparing for my live D & B / Percussion set at Scrobarnach boutique electronic music festival in August. Whatyiz reckon?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

I have a new EP coming out in August on The Beauty Of Melody records. There's three tracks, one of which will be on my new album which will be out later in the year.

Sweet job. Love the vinyl crackle and the analog dirt on the percussion. Layered very well towards the full sound near the end of the track. Nice drum programming and some nice keys to offset some of the harsher sounds.

keithkk16 wrote: »
    Here's something new I've been playing around with lately. House music for the club floor
    https://soundcloud.com/scoob89/these-thingsdemo2/s-2CCbJ

Great groove on the hats. Bassline is a little soft for me in the attack but the melody of it is well worked out. Quite an old skool feel to the overall track which works for me. Love that synth stab that comes in around 2.00. Sweet break at 3.38. There's a slightly harsh sound to the main hats that is a tad off putting but nothing major. Nice work again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 RTN

Serious track, you got a lovely jazzy groove going. I like the way you have your drums panned like an actual kit would sound to a listener at a live show. Fairly wide sound all around. I love this kinda dark trip hop sound, if thats what you'd call it. Nicely done

^^ thanks for the comments guys. It was a good mix, but an even better master. So it sounds top notch I reckon!

Will hopefully be teasing the other tracks from the EP soon, though the guys running the show are deciding what goes out when! ;-)

So I finally managed to get this track finished more or less to my liking. There seems to be some artefacts at the beginning of the track but I think that's a Soundcloud issue. Not sure what genre to put it into but it's fairly upbeat overall.

https://soundcloud.com/subbed/escape-to-light

^ Pretty nice track that one, I think I like the second half better, from around 5 minutes in. It's a really nice keyboard part. The flanging part is pretty cool, don't hear that much nowadays! Bit of a Chemical Bros / early Moby feel here.

(little plug for myself here, the Geisha EP is now out, links in my sig! Let me know what you all think!)

^ Pretty nice track that one, I think I like the second half better, from around 5 minutesin. It's a really nice keyboard part. The flanging part is pretty cool, don't hear that much nowadays! Bit of a Chemical Bros / early Moby feel here.

(little plug for myself here, the Geisha EP is now out, links in my sig! Let me know what you all think!)

Thanks man. I guess I'm showing my age with the flanger! I'll check out your EP over the next few days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Came up with this over the weekend:

https://soundcloud.com/dj-taranis-1/escape-dj-taranis

hellboy99 wrote: »

I think there are some decent elements in here but unfortunatley for me the main synth / pluck are the weakest. The pluck is a bit too thin and sounds isolated in the mix. I think you'd be better off layering the pad that comes in with the synth at 1.07 with the pluck so as to give a bit more body to the track. That pad has a nice reosonance that I would like to hear more of. The change to the synth at 1.07 is very sudden and could do with a structured intro, even someting simple like a snare fill or reverse crash hit.
    In terms of arrangement I think you could do with a longer breakdown and some variety in the second half of the track.
    Wow, I've really come across as an assh*le here :) but I'm honestly giving you a genuine critique and not being a dick just for the sake of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

mordeith wrote: »
    Wow, I've really come across as an assh*le here :) but I'm honestly giving you a genuine critique and not being a dick just for the sake of it.
    Not at all. Only really started to use the Maschine controller this past week, it's all new to me and all feedback welcomed be it good or bad :)

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Plumpynutt

https://soundcloud.com/shane_bradley/on-my-mind-rough-cut

Working on this the past day or so, on the UK vibe. Thoughts, criticism etc, all welcome :)

Plumpynutt wrote: »
    https://soundcloud.com/shane_bradley/on-my-mind-rough-cut

Working on this the past day or so, on the UK vibe. Thoughts, criticism etc, all welcome :)

Not a style I'd listen to a lot of of but I liked it. Nice filtered keys and lovely bass pad. Nice vocal snippets as well. Mix in general sounds good although to me the EQ needs some tweaking. The keys/bassline are a bit in competition with the kick and I think the hats, claps and snare could do with bringing out the highs a bit more.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Fake Bear

Just posting finished track, chill out, 1144 BPM. Critics are welcome. Hope u like it.

soundcloud.com/fake-bear/get-down-for-the

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Plumpynutt

Not a style I'd listen to a lot of of but I liked it. Nice filtered keys and lovely bass pad. Nice vocal snippets as well. Mix in general sounds good although to me the EQ needs some tweaking. The keys/bassline are a bit in competition with the kick and I think the hats, claps and snare could do with bringing out the highs a bit more.

Thanks for the feedback, I'll have a mess about with the EQ today :)

Fake Bear wrote: »
    , chill out, 1144 BPM.
    :eek:

I'll have a listen later on, if I can make out anything at that speed ;)

:eek:

I'll have a listen later on, if I can make out anything at that speed ;)

:-DYay, i´ve just noticed, not in 1144 hyperspeed of course, but 114:-)
    Thanks for future review

Fake Bear wrote: »
    Just posting finished track, chill out, 1144 BPM. Critics are welcome. Hope u like it.

soundcloud.com/fake-bear/get-down-for-the

Vocal implemented very well into the track. I think it could easily be files under House, not what I was expecting from a chill track. Nice percussion throughout and the piano melody is good. One thing I wasn't made on was the synth stabs that come in at 1.07 which have a bit too mouch movement on them for me. I think you'd have a really funky number if you replaced that with a nice analogue bass sound. The clap/snare is a bit far back in the mix for me when the track is in full swing.

• Advertisement

Vocal implemented very well into the track. I think it could easily be files under House, not what I was expecting from a chill track. Nice percussion throughout and the piano melody is good. One thing I wasn't made on was the synth stabs that come in at 1.07 which have a bit too mouch movement on them for me. I think you'd have a really funky number if you replaced that with a nice analogue bass sound. The clap/snare is a bit far back in the mix for me when the track is in full swing.

Thanks for review Mordeith. You are right, finished product is not much chillout track:-)..That lead was a bit questionmark for me. I can try to put on some analog synth instead of it lets se what will happen. The snare is a bit lost in the mix.

Take care

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

This is probably the shortest track I've ever made. Straight to the point with this remix, house funk and soul all over.
    https://soundcloud.com/scoob89/marvin-gaye-heard-it-through-the-grapevinescoobz-remix

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

Hey guys! This is a track I've been working on for a few weeks but ended up changing a lot of it and it turned in to this. It's still not finished but I've hit the half way mark I think. I'd appreciate any feedback at all! Thanks! :)

https://soundcloud.com/markcremin/with-you/s-OEIMK

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Ravenholm

WasterEx wrote: »
    Hey guys! This is a track I've been working on for a few weeks but ended up changing a lot of it and it turned in to this. It's still not finished but I've hit the half way mark I think. I'd appreciate any feedback at all! Thanks! :)

Can't fault a thing. Production, mixing and sounds all top notch.

WasterEx wrote: »

https://soundcloud.com/markcremin/with-you/s-OEIMK

Yeah, sounds good. Main vocal works well with the melody, and I'm a fan of that old skool sound.
    There's a little female vocal that comes in every now and then which is panned kind of weird. Sounds a bit jarring in the mix. I'm not mad of the keys but I'll give it another listen tomorrow to see if it grows on me.

keithkk16 wrote: »
    This is probably the shortest track I've ever made. Straight to the point with this remix, house funk and soul all over.
    https://soundcloud.com/scoob89/marvin-gaye-heard-it-through-the-grapevinescoobz-remix

The track itself is great. Serious funk with that great baseline. Lovely variation in the way the keys are chopped at times. I just can't agree with the vocal. Maybe it's because I love the original, but I think just a few little snippets would work better rather than full lines.

new one from me (still a private track) thats out on Saturday as part of an retro synthwave compilation

https://soundcloud.com/ravenh0lm/cardio-workout/s-ft8fq

imagine it as the music to this video :cool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozoTzkCeO-A

^ I listened to it with the video playing, so so funny! Great track as well.

^ I listened to it with the video playing, so so funny! Great track as well.

thanks. It works so well with the video :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

Ravenholm wrote: »
    new one from me (still a private track) thats out on Saturday as part of an retro synthwave compilation

imagine it as the music to this video :cool:

Really like this tune! Great retro vibe. Brought back memories of F1 on the SNES for some reason. :pac:

Advertisement