Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metrosexuals- Hair Do(nt's)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

PlayGirl wrote: »
    men should not know the specific names of colours, it should be "uhhhh *scratches head* - i didnt know there was different types of purple?!"
    :rolleyes::cool:
    This is ridiculous.

It's perfectly OK for a man to know the name of specific colours.

As long as they're expressed in hexadecimal. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭GA361

orestes wrote: »
    It's rouglhy as valid a generalisation as the one about guys who partake in certain grooming techniques being gay imo, that was kinda the point dude

I neither play sport nor do any of the metro stuff in this thread btw, I was just pointing out the irony of both positions and the problem of making inferences based on vague generalisations

''All generalisations are false,including this one''
    -Mark Twain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

GA361 wrote: »
    ''All generalisations are false,including this one''
    -Mark Twain

The below statement is true.
    The above statement is false.

Aren't words fun :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭pingu_girl

Ive always had straight shoulder length hair but one day last year got it into my head that I wanted a Mohawk €120 euro later I had one with added rats tail.

Thought it was cool for a few months.......... Growing it out was a nightmare had to wear beanie hats constantly for months to hide the mess and I look back on my pictures now and I looked absolutely ridiculous , I hate everybody who told me it looked great there all a pack of liars . Lesson learned! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

orestes wrote: »
    The below statement is true.
    The above statement is false.

Aren't words fun :)

mix up your true and your false?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

its great that guys are starting to take better care of themselves but I can think of several male friends who push it... all are straight blokes....
    1. hair straighteners
    2. plucking eyebrows
    3. wearing womens skinny jeans (cos they fit better apparently)
    4. fake tan cos legs are too white when in the gym in shorts
    5. concealer
    6. highlights
    7. having eyelashes tinted so the eyes look darker and more mysterious...:rolleyes:
    how far is too far??
    Thats all too far although when I was younger I was guilty of the bolded one, then I realised what the fcuk am I doing.
    Now ive more hair on my face then my noggin :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

pingu_girl wrote: »
    Ive always had straight shoulder length hair but one day last year got it into my head that I wanted a Mohawk €120 euro later I had one with added rats tail.

Thought it was cool for a few months.......... Growing it out was a nightmare had to wear beanie hats constantly for months to hide the mess and I look back on my pictures now and I looked absolutely ridiculous , I hate everybody who told me it looked great there all a pack of liars . Lesson learned! :o
    I really wanna see these silly pics

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭tech77

dylano_k wrote: »
    Can someone please explain how over the last 2 years girls are slowly starting to look more like boys and viceversa !!

A lot of boys/men i know have started using hair straighteners, moose and other products. They have girls doing their hair before going out. Not too long ago the only thing women were straightening was there mans shirt and trousers.

And lately, all i see around town and nightclubs are girls with hair shorter than mine. They have even been spiking it up with gel now. I tought only butch lesbians wore their hair like this(no offence to lesbians i think they're great to watch on my dvd's). I actually feel sick looking at some of these girls im almost starting to like that pony tail and long fringe look again.

How has this big role reversal happened?

People are sheep.
    That explains nearly any social phenomenon tbh.

Group attitude years ago: "not manly"

Group attitude now: "need to look good/look after yourself more".

Individuality my ar$e.

/end rant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Im 100% sure, its only gotten this bad in the last couple of years iv noticed it happening everywhere i think they are called "spicers" or something like that its a new generation of "do's" they are nothin like the cure or placebo...(apart from the 'role reversal' bit haha

google image search the band kajagoogoo from the 80s.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Jordonvito

send all these lads, who straighten their hair, wear eyeliner and what not, down to offaly for the summer to work on the bog, its a sure fire cure.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Because this is what happens when big name gay fashion designers design clothes for women, cut for skinny men, and then need to find skinny boyish women to put in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

For the fellas I say more beatings as children, and some rugby.

I play rugby and i straighten my hair, where does that leave me?:confused:
    You should see me with out straightening my hair, i look like a girl, but with my hair straight i look normal.
    Seriously, as fúcked as it is, it's true.

Also, my beard and large plugs more than makes up for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dylano_k

CianRyan wrote: »
    I play rugby and i straighten my hair, where does that leave me?:confused:
    You should see me with out straightening my hair, i look like a girl, but with my hair straight i look normal.
    Seriously, as fúcked as it is, it's true.

Also, my beard and large

Easy, get ur haircut ya god dam hippy. If anything your hair is probably gettin in your way of rugby...i played for a year and saw no hair straightenin pansies !!

e

Easy, get ur haircut ya god dam hippy. If anything your hair is probably gettin in your way of rugby...i played for a year and saw no hair straightenin pansies !!

Long hair is epic when done right.
    I have to wear a scrum cap anyway, the ears are much worse. All it takes is one scumbag to slip a finger into the hole, and that's a lot of blood.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

My wife wants me to grow my hair, she keeps telling me to have it "Long and Tossy".

I take that to mean "Long, like a tosser".

Hair clippers and a dollop of wax guys...that is all you need.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

I hear what you are saying FF

My GF made me take a "Cheeseblast" after she said the rim of my flange reminded her of "Three Counties"

It's a shot of hydrated water under the rim of the flange and shifts the Gorgonzola fairly rapid like.

Felt fookin good actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭meboloxitis

We call the metrosexuals ~ Girlie Boys... plain & simple

I feel sorry for them cause they are total muppets & will cringe when they see pics of themselves in a few years

The big cubic zarconia earrings dripping in Argos Bling... Gas

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

For the fellas I say more beatings as children, and some rugby.

Maybe less rugby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

When my "hair" gets too long, i let my kid brother at it with a sissors and trimmers. The result? Well i look like i have been raped repeatably by an angry Baboon.

But it is an individual look and i like it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

1. Wash
    2. Rinse
    3. Pre-condition
    4. Rinse
    5. Condition
    6. De-tangle
    7. Final Condition
    8. Towel dry
    All in all about 2 hours if I do it right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭OneArt

All of this makes me want to go full-on metro now just annoy you petty people.

Seriously people can what/look like what they want. I admit some things look stupid etc, but get the frick over it. It's not like it's giving you cancer or something.

Also I've noticed when it comes to guys... Most of them look the same. Anyone who even attempts to dress a little different is labelled gay.

I'd rather be gay than a mindless sheep!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

OneArt wrote: »

Seriously people can what/look like what they want. I admit some things look stupid etc, but get the frick over it. It's not like it's giving you cancer or something.

Also I've noticed when it comes to guys... Most of them look the same. Anyone who even attempts to dress a little different is labelled gay.

:eek::eek:

You are coming out......?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

:eek::eek:

You are coming out......?

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭Jack Vegas

Backed.

I wouldnt agree so much with the "mindless sheep" statement, as I know enough people who look different and could still be called that.

Anyway, nothing wrong with a bit of metro style, some people like it, some people don't, no biggies.

So what i'm seeing a lot of in here, is guys dressing to impress other guys, who then call guys that dress to impress girls, gay...

Something just doesn't add up here lads.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Girls generally like men to be well dressed, neat, clean and who look after themselves. Maybe I am just naturally good looking, but I can do all that by taking 20 minutes to ****, shower, shave, drag a bit of wax through my hair and slap on a bit of chanel.

Girls generally like men to be well dressed, neat, clean and who look after themselves. Maybe I am just naturally good looking, but I can do all that by taking 20 minutes to ****, shower, shave, drag a bit of wax through my hair and slap on a bit of chanel.

:rolleyes:
    Number 5 i presume?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

That's fine (except for the Chanel thing... only wear smelly stuffs on special occasions, I wear deodorant everyday but only to stop me smelling like a sexed-out pig) but I do the other stuff every morning

But there's a bit of a difference between tidying one's self up and just going over the top - if i bother gelling my hell, I take a minute, none of this half an hour nonsense. And highlights, bloody highlights. Long hair - Go Jesus, that's acceptable.

But tight jeans, guyliner or anything womanly on men is still wrong

Nothing wrong with tight jeans either.
    Forget shaving, that is way to much effort.

And to be fair, i know more women that shave than guys. For real.
    Guy liner is madness though. Less 'a' that.

Deodorant is a must every day, anyone that doesn't wear it better not have any sweat glans, other wise that's just gross.
    I wear the smelly stuff most days, i do tend to be around attractive women most days.

Btw, don't generalize, i don't look like a girl.
    Maybe a butch lesbian with no boobs...
    Pic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

CianRyan wrote: »
    Nothing wrong with tight jeans either.
    Maybe I'm a bit biased as I've big thick legs, so feel like a mermaid in tight jeans

Forget shaving, that is way to much effort.
    I'll agree in a few years, but I'm 15 at the moment. I'm a hairy sod - went a week without shaving last week and the stupid comments just irritated me; out comes the razor

Deodorant is a must every day, anyone that doesn't wear it better not have any sweat glans, other wise that's just gross.
    Yes
    I wear the smelly stuff most days, i do tend to be around attractive women most days.
    Fair enough, as I say, I'd wear it for going out... but luckily the girls at my school are all dogs
    Btw, don't generalize, i don't look like a girl.
    Maybe a butch lesbian with no boobs...
    Pic
    No you don't to be fair... Should I ask about the blood?

Advertisement