Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metrosexuals- Hair Do(nt's)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

I think its a disgrace. Men should have short hair because we're men and we like sports and beating our kids. Women need to have long hair because when they dont cook the dinner the way I like it and I sock them one on the face they need something to cover that up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

its great that guys are starting to take better care of themselves but I can think of several male friends who push it... all are straight blokes....
    1. hair straighteners
    2. plucking eyebrows
    3. wearing womens skinny jeans (cos they fit better apparently)
    4. fake tan cos legs are too white when in the gym in shorts
    5. concealer
    6. highlights
    7. having eyelashes tinted so the eyes look darker and more mysterious...:rolleyes:
    how far is too far??

Hair straighteners - too far unless you have exceptionally straggly long hair.
    Plucking eyebrows - acceptable when trying to get rid of a monobrow
    Highlights - nothing wrong with them. I've got my hair highlighted blonde a few times before and have always been happy with it.
    Concealer - honestly I'm not sure what that is! :o
    The rest - too far.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dylano_k

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Add in pink shirts to your list and you have the full on poofter.

Their excuse for that is..Its Ssssalmon not pink !! like that makes it any better !

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

All of those are too far.

What really annoys me are some of the stupid hair cuts some guys have. The one where all the hair is spiked up apart from the fringe which is gelled straight down and stuck to the forehead just looks stupid. And then there are the idiots who add a rats tail to the back of their hair to boot.

And the four of them usually have this wierd thing going on with the jeans--like they bought them too short for them or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭dollybird09

dylano_k wrote: »
    Their excuse for that is..Its Ssssalmon not pink !! like that makes it any better !

haha or like a guy i know.... "its not purple... its lilac!" :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Dont hate the player hate the game.

And ya know there's only one more left after that on.....Im not gay...me boyfriend is hahaha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Dont hate the player hate the game.

they where pumps and skinny jeans and stupid hair cuts ? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Yeah.
    It's mad how this is happening all of a sudden.

Example 1.
    Example 2.
    Example 3.
    Example 4.

Shocking stuff altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I think its a disgrace. Men should have short hair because we're men and we like sports and beating our kids. Women need to have long hair because when they dont cook the dinner the way I like it and I sock them one on the face they need something to cover that up.

This is the single most greatest post in history

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Terry wrote: »
    Yeah.

Example 1.
    Example 2.
    Example 3.
    Example 4.

I get what you're getting at but leave the cardigan out of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Terry wrote: »
    Yeah.

Example 1.
    Example 2.
    Example 3.
    Example 4.

You can't forget.

Bam !.

I get what you're getting at but leave the cardigan out of this.
    Don't underestimate my love for that Cardigan.

Met her a couple of months back and I can say that now. Yay!

This is the single most greatest post in history

I couldn't agree more. Poetic you cud say haha

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Pyr0 wrote: »
    You can't forget.

Bam !.

Now now Pyro Hair metal was the best thing to come out of the 80`s :D:D

I couldn't agree more. Poetic you cud say haha
    No text speak. Thank you.
    This is not bebo or a mobile phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Tyler MacDurden

A lot of boys/men i know have started using hair straighteners, moose and other products.

A step too far indeed. Down with this sort of thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭dazberry

its great that guys are starting to take better care of themselves but I can think of several male friends who push it... all are straight blokes....
    1. hair straighteners
    2. plucking eyebrows
    3. wearing womens skinny jeans (cos they fit better apparently)
    4. fake tan cos legs are too white when in the gym in shorts
    5. concealer
    6. highlights
    7. having eyelashes tinted so the eyes look darker and more mysterious...:rolleyes:
    how far is too far??

Transvestites, boys in disguise (hum to transformers tune) ...

D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Well balls to all of you.

It'll probably be the last summer I can manage to slightly hide the fact that I'm goin grey... whats next... zimmerframes and catheters.

Don't hide it, come out and shout about it

GREY PRIDE FTW!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Now now Pyro Hair metal was the best thing to come out of the 80`s :D:D

They still looked ghey though :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Can someone please explain how over the last 2 years girls are slowly starting to look more like boys and viceversa !!

A lot of boys/men i know have started using hair straighteners, moose and other products. They have girls doing their hair before going out. Not too long ago the only thing women were straightening was there mans shirt and trousers.

And lately, all i see around town and nightclubs are girls with hair shorter than mine. They have even been spiking it up with gel now. I tought only butch lesbians wore their hair like this(no offence to lesbians i think they're great to watch on my dvd's). I actually feel sick looking at some of these girls im almost starting to like that pony tail and long fringe look again.

How has this big role reversal happened? Whats the Solution??

Dear fetus of the late 80s/early 90s go away and read up on the fashions of the 60s, 70s and 80s, pay close notice to the glam rock era and the new romantics, KTHNKSBYE.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aC6x_SgSLJ8

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

everyone who was alive in the 60's and 70's will be dead pretty soon so why should we pay any attention?

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Dear fetus of the late 80s/early 90s go away and read up on the fashions of the 60s, 70s and 80s, pay close notice to the glam rock era and the new romantics, KTHNKSBYE.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aC6x_SgSLJ8

I was a late 80s/early 90s kid ! and this kind of phase was unheard of !! Girls had long hair, stared in the mirror for hours with a hairbrush thinking they are princesses !! Now its boys in the mirror for hours while the girls flick up there fringe with a palm of gel and i dont know go startin fights or whatever !!

Song is sh1t by the way !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Really you are absolutely 100% sure that EVERY boy and EVERY girl were that way?

Yeah your so not a placebo fan then or The Cure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭monellia

Worst thread ever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭jackson2009

galwayrush wrote: »
    I blame too much female hormones in our water system.;)

lol

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Really you are absolutely 100% sure that EVERY boy and EVERY girl were that way?

Yeah your so not a placebo fan then or The Cure.

Im 100% sure, its only gotten this bad in the last couple of years iv noticed it happening everywhere i think they are called "spicers" or something like that its a new generation of "do's" they are nothin like the cure or placebo...(apart from the 'role reversal' bit haha

monellia wrote: »
    Worst thread ever

worst comment ever !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭DubMedic

Get yourself into some sports/gym.

Whatever happened to just being accepted in society for what you wear?
    I've noticed there is an emphasis that you have to look a certain way or else risk not being socially accepted ( even more so than a few years ago ).

Grow up, Don that sports gear and show the girls your made of more than a 200 euro GHD.

Get some muscles too , i'm sick to my eyelids of seeing matchsticks.

Girls appreciate a man who can protect her if she is in need, not one that will worry did he break a nail.

That's the way its going, so stop the snowball effect before it's too late & be the man your supposed to be.

/my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

men should not know the specific names of colours, it should be "uhhhh *scratches head* - i didnt know there was different types of purple?!"
    :rolleyes::cool:

Advertisement