Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metrosexuals- Hair Do(nt's)

Options
  • 04-06-2009 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭

Can someone please explain how over the last 2 years girls are slowly starting to look more like boys and viceversa !!

A lot of boys/men i know have started using hair straighteners, moose and other products. They have girls doing their hair before going out. Not too long ago the only thing women were straightening was there mans shirt and trousers.

And lately, all i see around town and nightclubs are girls with hair shorter than mine. They have even been spiking it up with gel now. I tought only butch lesbians wore their hair like this(no offence to lesbians i think they're great to watch on my dvd's). I actually feel sick looking at some of these girls im almost starting to like that pony tail and long fringe look again.

How has this big role reversal happened? Whats the Solution??

The Solution? 4 votes

Track them down with a blade and shave them?
    0% 0 votes
    Kick there asses?
    50% 2 votes
    If you see one, kick him in the Bollox and say "just checking"
    0% 0 votes
    Leave them alone ? (((this is the wrong answer)))
    50% 2 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

And guyliner... that goes against nature

Lads should have manly hairstyles and women should have womanly hairstyles

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I got some highlights put in today, mostly to cover greys though.

I'm only 26 ffs

Straighteners though..? Seriously that's ghey

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

I blame too much female hormones in our water system.;)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I'm only 26 ffs

It's a sliding scale and that scale DEFINITELY includes highlights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭HarryPalmer

dylano_k wrote: »
    Whats the Solution??

For the fellas I say more beatings as children, and some rugby.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

I'm only 26 ffs

First its highlights, then its hairdryers, then its straighteners. Before you know it you find men more attractive than women then its just a hop, skip and jump before you're taking it up the gary tbh.

I tend to be very wary of blokes with highlights.... and women with bleached blonde hair but black/brown highlights; just looks weird

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

For the fellas I say more beatings as children, and some rugby.

Yes, cos there's no gay connotations with guys getting a pounding or with rugby in general

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

orestes wrote: »
    Yes, cos there's no gay connotations with guys getting a pounding or with rugby in general

There is a gay rugby team in Ireland, or there used to be one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

none whatsoever

http://images.icnetwork.co.uk/upl/icwales2/mar2009/7/8/Gavin_Henson_and_James_Hook_937562978.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭dollybird09

its great that guys are starting to take better care of themselves but I can think of several male friends who push it... all are straight blokes....
    1. hair straighteners
    2. plucking eyebrows
    3. wearing womens skinny jeans (cos they fit better apparently)
    4. fake tan cos legs are too white when in the gym in shorts
    5. concealer
    6. highlights
    7. having eyelashes tinted so the eyes look darker and more mysterious...:rolleyes:
    how far is too far??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

frankie_sandford_from_the_saturdays_2313504.jpg

Frankie from The Saturdays, I love short hair on the wimmins :D

First its highlights, then its hairdryers, then its straighteners. Before you know it you find men more attractive than women then its just a hop, skip and jump before you're taking it up the gary tbh.
    It's a sliding scale and that scale DEFINITELY includes highlights.
    brummytom wrote: »
    I tend to be very wary of blokes with highlights.... and women with bleached blonde hair but black/brown highlights; just looks weird

Well balls to all of you.

It'll probably be the last summer I can manage to slightly hide the fact that I'm goin grey... whats next... zimmerframes and catheters.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭SoWatchaWant

Ah, the cheap shot at rugby because of supposed homosexual connontations. Pah, that's bullcrap. You'd know if you played sport.

whats next... zimmerframes and catheters.
    Why, won't you be able to stand up straight?

Love your pic by the way, so ronery

Ah, the cheap shot at rugby because of supposed homosexual connontations. Pah, that's bullcrap. You'd know if you played sport.

It's rouglhy as valid a generalisation as the one about guys who partake in certain grooming techniques being gay imo, that was kinda the point dude

I neither play sport nor do any of the metro stuff in this thread btw, I was just pointing out the irony of both positions and the problem of making inferences based on vague generalisations

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭HarryPalmer

It's rouglhy as valid a generalisation as the one about guys who partake in certain grooming techniques being gay imo, that was kinda the point dude

I neither play sport nor do any of the metro stuff in this thread btw, I was just pointing out the irony of both positions and the problem of making inferences based on vague generalisations

Oooohhh... who's a clever bastard? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

I bet you were guyliner!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

Most of these styles are easily ignored but the two that I can't stand are;

A) way too much badly applied tan. Where it's an unnatural colour, looks 'off', is excessive or stops suddenly when you get to the jawline/elbow/waist etc

and

B) that haircut on guys where the fringe is short and plastered to the skull and everything behind the fringe is standing straight up. It looks ridiculous and when you see four guys walking along with the same haircut... I feel disappointed that I'm the same species as these people.

Men taking care of their skin and hair is okay. If I learned that a friend of mine goes through an American Psycho Patrick Bateman style system in the morning before leaving the house, who cares. As long as I can look at them without cracking up laughing or becoming physically ill because they look ridiculous, why does it matter.

For the record though, I've never spent more than 15euro on my hair in one go (and that was for my sisters wedding) and I don't use any products beyond soap and shampoo.

He must be gay so

/s

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

its great that guys are starting to take better care of themselves but I can think of several male friends who push it... all are straight blokes....
    1. hair straighteners
    2. plucking eyebrows
    5. concealer
    6. highlights
    7. having eyelashes tinted so the eyes look darker and more mysterious...:rolleyes:
    how far is too far??

All of those are too far.

What really annoys me are some of the stupid hair cuts some guys have. The one where all the hair is spiked up apart from the fringe which is gelled straight down and stuck to the forehead just looks stupid. And then there are the idiots who add a rats tail to the back of their hair to boot.

Certainly not me, I just love irony and pointing it out for others to see...
    n1ck wrote: »
    I bet you were guyliner!

...although sometimes I wonder why I bother...
    He must be gay so

/s

...and sometimes I just don't bother at all since there is clearly no point

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dylano_k

galwayrush wrote: »
    I blame too much female hormones in our water system.;)

Iv heard terrible things about the galway water system in the past, Has E-coli any relation to female hormones ? haha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

Woman get to experiment with

their hair, their sexuality, makeup

Men don't!

Thats the way it is, deal with it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Well balls to all of you.

It'll probably be the last summer I can manage to slightly hide the fact that I'm goin grey... whats next... zimmerframes and catheters.

Don't you mind them! They iz jealous they can't even get away with high-lights. In fairness though, pics or gtfo ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,270 ✭✭✭source

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dylano_k

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    frankie_sandford_from_the_saturdays_2313504.jpg

Frankie from The Saturdays, I love short hair on the wimmins :D

Ya cant spell Frankie without spellin Frank...and the saturdays? are ya havin a laugh man why do you know the names of these...there not exactly girls aloud haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

H= RE+DI*Freq
    where
    H= Highlights
    RE=Recession
    DI=Disposable income
    Freq=weekly studio visits

Read

G>H for freq>1
    where
    G=Gheyness

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

1. hair straighteners
    2. plucking eyebrows
    5. concealer
    6. highlights

Add in pink shirts to your list and you have the full on poofter.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

All of those are too far.

What really annoys me are some of the stupid hair cuts some guys have. The one where all the hair is spiked up apart from the fringe which is gelled straight down and stuck to the forehead just looks stupid. And then there are the idiots who add a rats tail to the back of their hair to boot.

Dude you gotta go in to life style sports in blanch the big one
    swear there this male being that has hair like a porkupine from the back of his head, and at the front its all jelled down he looks soooooo stoopid, is it a chav type thing ?

Advertisement