Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your predictions for the June 8th announcement?

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Bicky

Pic shows release countries for july and aug and Ireland is in neither list. So i guess that means we are one of the other six other countries meaning a release date of june 26th here?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

So how does this work for 3G people like myself who've already upgraded? Noob q but can I get a 3GS at a different price? Can't see I'm really too pushed in any case, don't use the camera at all really so only interested in battery :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Rumours on O2 forums of June 26th for here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cojomo2

any1 know how i can find out when it will be released in belgium or italy? and if it will be available ready to go?

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Both iPhones are listed on the apple store now but there are no price points, or release dates mentioned yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,410 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

How many of the changes are hardware...3mp camera and auto zoom...is that it ?

Are most like the compass, tethering, cut & paste and MMS ...are all software controls.

Are we better off with 3g for $99 and 3.0 software ?

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Szondi wrote: »

I think I am.

Must start saving now for the 16Gb version :). I really don't see any reason to upgrade to the 3GS, seeing as the 3G version will do everything I want.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,472 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    I think I am.

Must start saving now for the 16Gb version :). I really don't see any reason to upgrade to the 3GS, seeing as the 3G version will do everything I want.

As underwhelmed as I am, I'd still go for the 3GS if it was within 100 euro on contract. Perhaps 3.0 is more efficient, but from using 2.0 on my friends 3G the new model needed that extra ram.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,578 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Szondi wrote: »
    How many of the changes are hardware...3mp camera and auto zoom...is that it ?

Are most like the compass, tethering, cut & paste and MMS ...are all software controls.

compass is HW not SW.

3GS = 3MP with autofocus. video recording at 30fps vga.
    Voice control, compass, 32GB capacity, 20% more battery life, and
    although not clear yet exactly how much faster uP and more RAM.
    (twice as quick for a lot of tasks)
    Also Inline remote for music control in headphones, new oil and fingerprint resistant
    finish. bluetooth 2.1

Personally for me, anyone who hasn't got a 3G would be nuts not to go
    go for the S if the difference is only 1-200 €. especially when you get either
    double or quadruple the memory for the extra money.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Is the volume remote on the earphones compatible with the current 3G iPhones?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,472 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Dman001 wrote: »
    Is the volume remote on the earphones compatible with the current 3G iPhones?

No, the 3G lacks the appropriate jack.

Advertisement