Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your predictions for the June 8th announcement?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

mobius42 wrote: »
    Where did you hear the bit about not retaining the exclusivity contracts?

A bit in MacFormat this month, and a few bits and pices on the web, but I would say ONLY if they release a reduced feature iPhone. This would allow them to increase their market share while not breaking agreements with their exclusive carriers.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Having played with a friend's Android, I think I'll be stupidly tempted by the new iPhone for the digital compass if nothing else. Great feature, should have some really decent apps.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cojomo2

Having played with a friend's Android, I think I'll be stupidly tempted by the new iPhone for the digital compass if nothing else. Great feature, should have some really decent apps.

what are the benefits of a magnetometer/digital compass?

Also, Anyone think its likely that the new iphone will be a fair bit thinner/sexier looking than the current 3g model?

• Subscribers Posts: 16,578 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

cojomo2 wrote: »
    what are the benefits of a magnetometer/digital compass?

Also, Anyone think its likely that the new iphone will be a fair bit thinner/sexier looking than the current 3g model?

it could be of benefit for various apps, eg 3d mapping the phone can tell which way you are facing as well as where you are. so you could point it at a building as ask the map what the building is.

some of the apps like the telemetry ones for cars need the phone to be locked down while they compute. With this they could be redesigned not to need it.

I'm sure you'll also see them used in games etc, possibly applications for multiplayer games/shoot em ups using pointing of phones would be cool.

fair bit thinner/sexier - unlikely. A little bit thinner and sexier - likely.

edit - this pic from macrumours is either real or just a mock up based on rumours but seems pretty likely. most
    people wouldn't even notice the difference.
    174331-11-499x375.jpg

for any1 waiting for the new iphone..here something to consider

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88-JC3uuIJg&feature=fvw

Its a toshiba tg01, with a 1gb chipset,full flash support and a 4.1'' display. opinions any1?

1233676505.usr2.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31 thepostman

copacetic wrote: »
    most
    people wouldn't even notice the difference.
    174331-11-499x375.jpg

Brighter apple logo and earphones at the bottom? Surely it wouldnt go back to the 2G style headphone jack would it? Would be uproar if there was id say.

why would that be a 2G style jack? it looks the same from behind as the 3G one imo, as it sits on the curve so looks more like an ident from behind.

imo jack on the bottom is better as when you pull in out of your pocket it's the right way up then. don't think the logo is brighter, it just shows up better as the rest of the back is matt now rather than shiny. saying all that they could be fake.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

I think its fair to assume that the next iPhone will run 3.0 out of the box and I'm pretty sure that 3.0 has an extra icon on the home screen for that new App Store thing.

picture-31.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

I don't know what they are going to announce tomorrow. But I'd want a 32GB model, better camera, better battery life and faster internet access. I have an iPod touch and I notice the internet browsing can be kind of slow, even on a fast connection.

Rumour has it that they will be bringing out a cheaper 4GB model. It would also be great if they ended the exclusivity deal with O2 Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 thepostman

Will everything be told tomorow? And will 3.0 officialy be released tomorow to download? Also will it be on live tomorow on anywere wouldnt mind watching it. Sure how else would you spend the day.

thepostman wrote: »
    Will everything be told tomorow? And will 3.0 officialy be released tomorow to download? Also will it be on live tomorow on anywere wouldnt mind watching it. Sure how else would you spend the day.

yes, yes and not as far as I know. best bet is live blogs from engadget or gizmodo, haven't seen them stream video though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

There wont be any live stream, Apple will post the video afterwards tho. Usually about 9-10PM over here!

9to5mac.com are trying to get a video and audio feed but I think Gizmodo is the best for these type of events.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭mobius42

The PAYG model is rumored to be the existing 3G model at $99.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Prob a stupid question but what time is this starting Irish time?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 1,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭vinnycoyne

6pm

I predict/hope that apple will announce that they want to make it easier for EVERYONE to own the new iPhone, and as such, they will not have any exclusive deals with carriers.....which will save me a trip to Belgium.

take that O2.

• Advertisement

appleinsider reports a 'last minute leak from a reputable source' that battery life will be improved by 15-20%......

personally, the most important thing for me would be the physical hardware, a much slimmer sleeker design would be deady..

As normal all the stores are down.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

apple store is down !! :pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Not for me, although the only new thing I can see at the moment is a new iPod shuffle that speaks the song and artist names etc.

Edit : Actually the store is down when I tried clicking to see the details if I wanted to buy one.

It is really starting to look like they will announce a Mac Tablet by renaming their current MacBooks to MacBook Pros.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Mike...

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    So, what do you reckon Apple will announce next week?

The IRecession basically they will jumble all the crap they have and present it in a box, endorse it with all the mac fans and charge a fortune for it...

Hold on thats what they do as it is...

Well guess I am stumped then!!!!

Man this is boring. I'm starting to think that an iPhone won't be announced.

Ah they are finally starting to wrap up the OSX stuff.

Dman001 wrote: »
    Man this is boring. I'm starting to think that an iPhone won't be announced.

Supposed to be a developers conference and all that snow leopard stuff will be interesting to them.

iphone coming up now.

• Advertisement

More than 40,000,000 iPod Touches and iPhones have been sold. Wow!

Advertisement