Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

English Paper 2 Leaked- Keep All Discussion to this thread- DUPLICATE THREADS LOCKED

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

http://www.allhonours.ie/node/8833

Posted by a user called Blast

Apparently works for SEC

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news

Doesn't look like a very professional post to me.

I don't believe the post.

Edit: I don't trust anybody who can't spell allegedly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

Salman85's claim to fame

Probably the wrong link but anywho :D

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭internetaddict

We wrote: »
    Ye so, friend just send me a text that he got from a friend or something...
    Now I am in no way regarding this as absolute truth but apparently, said person was handed paper2 by accident and whats coming up was passed on, getting to me...

Again I'll say it, bull**** detector is ringing like crazy at the mo. But just wondering, is it even plausible that someone could be handed the wrong paper? In my school today I'm not even sure if the examiner had paper2 in the class, why would they anyway... ?

The supposed questions were all pretty much what has been predicted which at least made me feel good for a few mins before I actually copped that its 99% likely to be bollox..

Got it too.. I'd say it's rubbish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 ali190891

Lads....papers kept in garda stations...delivered everymornin....valuable source informed me!relaxxx.....and yeah if ders sumtin goin on it will be on 2fm now!!so listen up!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 pluxus

happened last year in cork, and it was true!!! was on the radio and everything.
    the text today was from leitrim apparently :S

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭leesmom

omg shut up your bull****,anyone who believes this is pretty stupid we would have heard about it if it had happened go and do some study!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Mr.S wrote: »
    Anyone can be anyone on the internet. I really dout "he" works for the SEC.

I thought backup papers are only used if a paper has been stolen from the sealed envelopes?

It would be so stupid to use a backup paper becuase of that text, its what every teacher has been predicting since September, anyone can work it out really.
    Thing is though, If the rumours keep spreading and it gets out of hand and the media go mental over it, the SEC will switch to the backup paper even if the leak wasnt genuine.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Isaac702

Mr.S wrote: »
    It would be so stupid to use a backup paper becuase of that text,
    True it would be stupid to do so just because of that text. Text like this go around every year. However if there is some truth behind the paper actually leaking well in that case the backup papers may in fact be used.

If the incorrect papers were given out it would have have to have been reported to the state examinations commission. As I keep saying even if it is an true it doesn't help us.

Thing is though, If the rumours keep spreading and it gets out of hand and the media go mental over it, the SEC will switch to the backup paper even if the leak wasnt genuine.

I doubt it: they're more professional than that. They would try to isolate the centre where the supposed leak happened by contacting the superintendents. If the superintendent confirmed that there was no leak, I doubt a state organisation would be pressured by the media.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,361 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

http://www.rte.ie//

Look at the third headline. It says English Paper 2 seen by students ahead of exams.

But when you click the link an irrelivent story comes up.

****tin myself now!

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭-Kenny-

http://www.rte.ie/news/2009/0603/exams.html

THIS JUST GOT INTERESTING !

DDC1990 wrote: »
    http://www.rte.ie//

Look at the third headline. It says English Paper 2 seen by students ahead of exams.

But when you click the link an irrelivent story comes up.

****tin myself now!

Fúck.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

No it doesn't

Oh dearee dearee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭haloauto

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

I'm off to revise the other non predicted stuff.

G'luck

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Guys, calm down, don't worry.

I know nothing about the LC course but surely the papers are graded comparitively, so if everyone does not do too well you will be graded in comparison with eachother.
    Thats what our english teacher said anyways and she grades LCs and JCs.

Maybe its only for the JC though....

Dont worry

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

How different do you reckon the back up paper would be?

... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭manutd4life

i am ****ed if they do send out a back up.i only know montague,bishop nd longley

How different do you reckon the back up paper would be?

... :(

Well it wouldn't be in anyway similar, that's for sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

I should be studying but i can't take my eyes off this horror...

Why do i yield to that suggestion whose horrid image doth unfix my hair and make my seated heart knock at my ribs against the use of nature?

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Isaac702

Who ever that supervisor was I now hate them.
    Tonight it is discussing with the Department of Education about whether or not it is possible to get this contingency paper to centres aropund the country in time for tomorrow's exam at 9.30am.
    However this is an interesting point. Is it possible for them to get the backup from Athlone to the entire country by tomorrow morning. Personally I would say yes provided they act fast.

Im off to study some of the unexpected poets.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

This is f*cked up. I can't believe this has happened :mad:

Back-up paper better be easy.

Retard of a superintendent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 NerdPantzz

I also got that text, but then got one from the same person saying that it was some ppl in a school in drogheda that made it up to trick their mates in a different school. Dont they have back-up papers incase of leeks anyway??

• Registered Users Posts: 10,361 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Right, this isn't good. Anyone know if Everything changes or just a few things change on the back up paper?
    I mean would 1) Walcott 2) Bishop 3)Montague 4) Keats come up instead of:
    !)Walcott 2) Bishop 3) Longley 4) Keats

Or would it be more likely to come up with Larkin, Rich and thw other fellwh who no-one did?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

English paper two seen ahead of exam

[URL="javascript:showPlayer('exams_av.html')"] icon_video.gif [/URL] [URL="javascript:showPlayer('exams_av.html')"] icon_audio.gif [/URL] Wednesday, 3 June 2009 19:26
    The State Examinations Commission is deciding whether or not to go ahead with a second leaving Cert paper in English tomorrow after it emerged that students in one centre have already seen the paper.
    English paper two was opened by mistake at an exmination centre in Co Louth this morning.
    The error was imediately spotted and the papers were taken back, accordng to the state Examiniations Commission.
    Advertisement

It has confirmed that a number of students did see the exam paper.
    The Examinations Commission has a contingency paper.
    Tonight it is discussing with the Department of Education about whether or not it is possible to get this contingency paper to centres aropund the country in time for tomorrow's exam at 9.30am.
    More than 115,000 second level students began their Leaving and Junior Certificate exams this morning.

The exams began with English, Paper One, and will run until 19 June.
    The students will be examined in almost 100 different subjects and more than 3m exam papers have been printed.
    Changes this year include a Leaving Cert timetable tweaked for a second time to relieve the pressure complained of for years by students.
    Most candidates should now get at least one half-day free between now and the weekend.

:p
    So there was truth to the texts after all!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Pretty sure this means that only Rich, Literary Genre and King Lear will come up this year.

Sorry Guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Firstly well done to the twat who opened the wrong papers, secondly well done to all the twats saying what's on. We all knew what was on it, loads of people were basing their studying around it, and it's probably going to be changed now. If they switch to a back-up and Bishop doesn't come up I'm going to track down everyone who said "my friend said..." and break their legs. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

amacachi wrote: »
    Firstly well done to the twat who opened the wrong papers, secondly well done to all the twats saying what's on. We all knew what was on it, loads of people were basing their studying around it, and it's probably going to be changed now. If they switch to a back-up and Bishop doesn't come up I'm going to track down everyone who said "my friend said..." and break their legs. :)

I shall join you with a crowbar and a broken bottle :D

• Advertisement

I've only studied Keats. I'm now ruined for English.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement