Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

English Paper 2 Leaked- Keep All Discussion to this thread- DUPLICATE THREADS LOCKED

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Isaac702

Ok I am just going to repeat what has been said previously.
    Even if this is true do you really think they are going to give us the same paper tomorrow.
    At this point half the country knows about these so called questions. The minute it became obvious that these had leaked the state examinations commission would have sent out the backup paper.

Also if it true and we do get a backup paper. Thanks alot because Bishop is unlikely to be on both the primary and backup exams.

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭TheCardHolder

Just got the text off three more people. LMAO

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

Ask on the Exam show on 2fm tonight at 7 if ye're all so worried! They'll sort things once and for all :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭ImJohn

I say lock this thread. All it's doing is putting people off their study. As if some guy magically saw the paper...what an utter joke. Makes me laugh to be honest.

Get this right...

I was just walking along the road, minding my own business, singing my songs, and what appears out of no where? Three bloody witches! I'm not joking! Anyway, they told me what's going to be on the paper tomorrow: they said the same as what's going around in all these texts messages; so I can only presume someone text them about it. But yah, now we have it from three equally reliable resources: Three witches (well all know witches wouldn't deceive, right?), the internet (there's never a lie told on the interent, honest) and text messages (because when something comes as a text, you know it's true).

Relax people, there wasn't a leak.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭AndyWhite

the text named that poets that are most likely to come up. and they had a two in three chance of getting it right with cultural context. now just say they happened to be right about deception for macbeth...
    If we get a poxy backup paper with a load of stuff that wasnt expected i think its safe to say that the person who started that text will be killed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭likely_lass

the EXACT same thing happend last year im actually a little disappointed they didnt improve on the story, they wont hand out the spare paper unless their was an actual leak and i really dont see a examiner being that stupid (its not even possible because they pick up the exam papers at half 8) stop worrying start studying or have a rest thinking about stupid rum ours is not healthy exam preparation

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

A few years back in my school (whatever year both maths was on the same day) they were given paper 2 when they should have gotten paper 1. After paper 2 they were kept inside, lunch was bought by the state and delivered to the school and all their phones were taken off them. It does happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭bricky10

Right if it was true, im p1ssed off at the person who started this thread. Because once it hits boards the whole country will have it..most importantly the state exam crowd. I have been studying deception and cultural context and longley for the last week, if a new paper is handed out, chances are they wont be on it now. >:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭likely_lass

bricky10 wrote: »
    Right if it was true, im p1ssed off at the person who started this thread. Because once it hits boards the whole country will have it..most importantly the state exam crowd. I have been studying deception and cultural context and longley for the last week, if a new paper is handed out, chances are they wont be on it now. >:(

GET OFF BOARDS if your actually going to believe this stuff you should not be left in control of the internet its not healthy to be worrying about a stupid rumor go outside and get some air

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

Get this right...

I was just walking along the road, minding my own business, singing my songs, and what appears out of no where? Three bloody witches! I'm not joking! Anyway, they told me what's going to be on the paper tomorrow: they said the same as what's going around in all these texts messages; so I can only presume someone text them about it. But yah, now we have it from three equally reliable resources: Three witches (well all know witches wouldn't deceive, right?), the internet (there's never a lie told on the interent, honest) and text messages (because when something comes as a text, you know it's true).

Relax people, there wasn't a leak.

Of course the witches are telling the truth. Sure didn't Macbeth end up king? Can't remember what exactly happened after that though.

He turned into a BEAR

Of course the witches are telling the truth. Sure didn't Macbeth end up king? Can't remember what exactly happened after that though.

Macbeth? What's/who's Macbeth? I'm just saying what happened me...

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Fince

if there going to give us a different paper does that mean that cultural context, deception, longley and walcott will NOT come up?

i heard it from a friend, who was a fiend who's cousin in Dublin saw it. SURE

ps. i meant to saw fiend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Homicidal_jesus

whats gonna be really funny if that exact paper 2 comes up then we will all look very silly!!SILLY!!....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

Couple of things: 1)the odds of them handing out a paper2 is very unlikely

2)If they did they would use the back up papers
    3)I guarentee that there's a few teachers checking out the fora for stuff like this? Am I the only one who remembers Salman85?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Garf

One of the characteristics which distinguishes lying from deceit is that lying is strictly the telling of what one believes to be false as though it were true.

A deceiver however could speak literal truth but the words could possess alternate meanings and such; for example with the "woman born" concept and the wood travelling to Dunsinane - Macbeth wasn't lied to yet was deceived into believing that he was immortal.

Lying is a subset of deception.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Couple of things: 1)the odds of them handing out a paper2 is very unlikely

2)If they did they would use the back up papers
    3)I guarentee that there's a few teachers checking out the fora for stuff like this? Am I the only one who remembers Salman85?

Look at people's join date.......

Quite possibly

Except me of course!

Fad wrote: »

Quite possibly

Except me of course!
    hehe wait 'till Friday I'll show 'em ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Isaac702

Fad wrote: »

You should never really go by join dates. Although some were not registered during those events does not mean that they were not aware of them.

I include myself in that category.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Des23

Salman85

He was in my year up until third year.... always had these grand notions of himself..:rolleyes:

We got a big talk about how not to repeat any of that carry on and bring shame on the school etc.

Although you very rarely get someone as.... unique as him

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

Next person who sends me that text gets ccunt punted

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

Garf wrote: »
    One of the characteristics which distinguishes lying from deceit is that lying is strictly the telling of what one believes to be false as though it were true.

A deceiver however could speak literal truth but the words could possess alternate meanings and such; for example with the "woman born" concept and the wood travelling to Dunsinane - Macbeth wasn't lied to yet was deceived into believing that he was immortal.

Lying is a subset of deception.

Of course. At least I didn't make that mistake in an exam:D.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

Just heard about said texts..

roflcopter.gif

Des23 wrote: »
    He was in my year up until third year.... always had these grand notions of himself..:rolleyes:

We got a big talk about how not to repeat any of that carry on and bring shame on the school etc.

Although you very rarely get someone as.... unique as him
    what ever happened to our old Fishy friend?Did he get banned from exams?did the guards ACTUALLY get involved?

I heard it ended in a tearful confession of his bullS*** and left at that

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Em Im doing the JC but apparently there was a real leak and its being investigated as you all speak.

Backup papers are pretty likely to be used.
    Unfortunately, this is one of those cases where we cannot tell if it's true or not, as information circulating in the Examination HQ says that something did in fact happen. I was told of it today too.

Rumours always start to become spread, especially after a two part examination, in this case, English. Yes, rumours have circulated, and one of these are in fact true. You may very well be alerted to this as you enter the examination centre tomorrow. In this case, the examination papers may be withdrawn tonight or replaced tomorrow.

Just be aware that the gossip is circulating around cyberspace, and SMS's are flying across the country on the matter. Right now it's being discussed and there is a lot of different answers.

In relation to the previous comment, I cannot confirm if this is true. Maybe, 'rob k', you could confirm this by stating exactly what is taking place. How did this get 'spread'? I know that some rumours were started in Drogheda, but there have been other mentions, from other sources, apparently.

Sadly, for those of you who may be very excited about this 'leak', be aware that the Commission have backup papers available, and ready, in case this happens. Superintendents are aware of these issues, and a new paper may be released on very short notice.

To finish, do be aware that even if the leak is real (separate to the alleged one spoken by the previous poster), there are precautions. A backup paper is set.

I can confirm however that I have been informed that a paper was alledgely leaked today. The Commission may change it for the backup paper regardless, due to the media and paranoia within student at the moment.

There is only one thing you can do right now, and it's my only advice, aside from the insider details I have- and that is prepare as planned your Poets and Set Text. If you are still worried, although I don't like condoning the station, listen to RTÉ 2FM tonight at 7PM, as an exam special is taking place. This will be your best source.

Thats a guy who works in the SEC.

Em I dunno how bad backup papers are but I recommend killing the one who spread it over the net.

5:26 PM was the time that message was posted.

Good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Des23

what ever happened to our old Fishy friend?Did he get banned from exams?did the guards ACTUALLY get involved?

I heard it ended in a tearful confession of his bullS*** and left at that

It was all bull****, didn't have a programmable calculator, OR he did and knows that no one could prove it. His exam scripts were examined in minute detail but he was either very smart (not likely) about cheating, or it was bull**** (very likely)... I'm fairly sure he is in UCC now..

Link?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

This just got interesting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

http://www.allhonours.ie/node/8833

Posted by a user called Blast

Apparently works for SEC

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement