Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DJ Hero and Scratch: The Ultimate DJ discussion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

So they just used old unsold GH:WT guitar parts on the decks then :confused:

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

*Takes off mod hat for a second*

Let me tell you what it is Calex. It's bloody BOLLOCKS. :mad: I'm not a happy camper right now, and the worst thing is, they'd made such a great frigging game, and they threw it all away with a crap controller, those DAMN DIRTY APES

*Puts mod hat back on*
    Ahem...

wait...... statue of liberty.......... that was our planet :eek: damn you !!!!!!! damn you all to hell :mad:

Seriously though that bloody sucks, glad i went with a beatles guitar now for xmas, pity the dj hero decks cant be used for tony hawks ride as id fell like jumping on them if i had them grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭ciarraioch1

Dj Hero is 89.98 in Gamestop in Limerick city..
    Bought it..but won't be near my ps3 until tomorrow. Cannot wait to start playing this game.
    I've been listening to the mixes on youtube; and they sound class!
    Lots of great song choices from the developers.
    Really looking forward to the Daft Punk setlist

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Similar thing happening to me, although it's the other buttons that are automatically pressing without me doing anything and it also performed a rewind without me moving the platter!

• Advertisement

Jev/N wrote: »
    Similar thing happening to me, although it's the other buttons that are automatically pressing without me doing anything and it also performed a rewind without me moving the platter!

Yup, that's what I'm getting too. Seems to be a universal problem in Ireland and England. I'll be beinging my decks back on Wednesday. Very sad I am...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

:eek: Hope my decks don't go arseways! Would be an absolute pain to return them as they were bought from England.

On another note, still enjoying the game :)

Oh, it's a great little game, just a crap controller :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

See HMV have it for 104.99 now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Wasn't it 89 in HMV a while ago? Or is my mind decieving me.

• Advertisement

That was a special offer. Regardless, buyer beware, my problem isn't isolated...

A few hours of playing later and my deck is ok...
    good game :D

"A few hours", it takes a week or three for the chip to become worn. Sorry to be the bearer of crap news, but you're not out of the forrest yet!

Good thing I kept my receipt so!
    Oh well, as long as it gets me through xmas and jan I shall be pretty happy

That's the spirit! So what difficulty are you on, oh Kerry-ey one?

So sometimes when I 'rewind' the game registers either blue or green button press, meaning I lose my score multiplier..
    Same problem as yours Onion?

This is after 3ish days of playing..feck sake! Its just temperamental; sometimes it malfunctions, but most times its fine!

I'm not playing on expert..

Yes, that's the very one. Now, imagine that but with every time you scratch and witness my anger become justified!

yeah, I feel your pain!
    Off to gamestop I go...once I get back in jan..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

So Christmas came and I finally got to play DJ Hero. Great fun. Tricky game but very enjoyable. Playing it on Hard and doing ok - usual bell curve for performances...Have managed to scrape a few 2 stars, mostly 3 stars and then a few on 4 and 5.

With the rewind, I think you have to miss the buttons altogether and just use the platter.

My only difficulty is long blue scratches...too close to the centre to be comfortable :) Haven't gotten near getting good at those cross-fade spikes.

Some great mixes in there. Even songs I'm not a big fan of have become more bearable. Some iffy songs of course but it's the same in any rhythm game.

🤪

The rewind thing isn't a case of people hitting buttons, it's a case of the controller picking up button inputs where there are none.

Blue scratches got me too. It may be the same mistake I was making, which was hand placement. Your thumb needs to sit on the outside and help to guide the platter back and forth. that helps with all the scratches but especially the blue one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Flying through the game. All sets unlocked on hard...not doing too badly. 65% stars collected - seem to have little problem when I go back to a song / set a 2nd time. I'm actually getting better :D

Tried Expert and it brings in a weakness of mine - directional scratches. Just get them arseways at times. Input seems to be a bit kinder though. Did the Queen/Daft Punk mix as that was a better one for me on Hard and got 5 stars so perhaps I will give Expert more of a bash now.

Straining myself with some songs though - just tense up completely...Must relax more for scratches. One of those scratching songs at the end (have forgotten name but even the artist has 'scratching' as half of their name) really hit me in the shoulder. What kind of technique have I eh?! :D

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Do you guys play standing up or sitting down? Something tells me it's probably easier to play standing up. This game absolutely murders my elbow.

I play sitting with the controller on my lap. Works fine for me, or at least it did when the game worked.

I play same as above. I don't find it difficult or anything

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭enemy

i really gotta buy this game soon, i've been playing GH and RB since they came out so i think dj hero might freshen things up for me. is it worth buying the special edition version? or should i just buy the regular version?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭evil_seed

any idea how much the game is without the turntable. i ballsed up my mates disc lastnite by accident and owe him a new game. help much appreciated

I haven't seen it being sold on it's own, as the decks are required to play. Have a look online or give a few places a ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    So, 2ish weeks in, and I'm already fuming with Activision. That has to be a record or something...

My DJ Hero controller is unplayable. When I scratch or spin the turntable it registers button presses as well, breaking my streak and destroying the game... I AM NOT HAPPY

I'm not the only one by the looks of it. This is an interesting read. I'll be taking it apart to give them some info tomorrow, and then bringing it back to the shop for a replacement on monday or tuesday... BAH!

I have having exactly the same problem. Driving me mad. I wouldn't even be pressing a button and you can see the buttons light up on the screen!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
    Did you ever bring your's back Onion?

No, I'm bringing it back next week, I've just found the box (which I need to bring it back for some reason.) It's a balls, aint it? I haven't played it since...

• Advertisement

Saw it going for a song recently but was reminded of this thread thank fook !!!!!

Advertisement