Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DJ Hero and Scratch: The Ultimate DJ discussion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Makaveli wrote: »
    calex71 is that the scratch playlist?

Dizzee Rascal - "Fix Up, Look Sharp" vs. DJ Shadow - "Organ Donor (Extended Overhaul)"

^ Really want to hear that.

No it's the DJ Hero one, sorry I really should have made that clear.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Makaveli wrote: »
    calex71 is that the scratch playlist?

Dizzee Rascal - "Fix Up, Look Sharp" vs. DJ Shadow - "Organ Donor (Extended Overhaul)"

^ Really want to hear that.
    Hello Makaveli. Here's what's been confirmed in Sratch.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scratch:_The_Ultimate_DJ#Set_List

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 tuffenuff

Just checked this vid...looks better by the day. Anyone seen any good deals on this?

http://www.eurogamer.net/videos/egtv-dj-hero-studio-visit

• Registered Users Posts: 43,818 ✭✭✭✭Basq

tuffenuff wrote: »
    Anyone seen any good deals on this?
    I bought it for £85.72 (or €95) for the PS3 delivered from TheHut.com!

(use the code 'HWALK' for £3 off)

Buy here!

basquille wrote: »
    I bought it for £85.72 (or €95) for the PS3 delivered from TheHut.com!

(use the code 'HWALK' for £3 off)

Buy here!

Ah only saw this after I had paid the ESB bill today , good thing too cuz had i seen this 1st I'd not have any power to play it :D

• Advertisement

Damn my "no games til after TP" damn it to hell! I've yet to play B:RB never mind getting either of the DJ games!

PS: Renaming thread to include Scratch, don't think we need 2 threads at the moment for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 tuffenuff

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/objects/142/14280894.html

That's me decided...getting it!!

Well.. looks like it's staying as a pre-order for me.

It's out in the US today.. and initial reviews of the game so far are very positive!

9.0 from IGN and averaging out at 92 on Metacritic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 09828

8 out of 10 from me

Merged review thread

Looks good to me, still not sure on this or SCRATCH DJ though. When's it out over here basquille?

• Advertisement

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    When's it out over here basquille?
    Friday..

The one thing that bothers me about this is the companies previous track record on dlc and abandoning the games in favor of new updated games 3 or 4 times a year :rolleyes:

Still looks fun, I'll mooch a lend of it from someone when they buy it :D

Yes I was thinking about that. This is activision after all, are we going to looking at DJ HERO: THE BEST OF... in 6 months time, the 4th title in the series? That's why I'm still reluctant. But then it's always important to distinguish between producer and developer.

ACTIVISION are the producers(read:tools) of both. Their inhouse dev team NEVERSOFT are behind the current legion of GH onslaught.

This title is designed by an independent dev, FreeStyleGames, being commisioned by Activision. Whether or not ACTIVISION have a say on how this game is going to handled sequel wise is yet to be seen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭cmpunk

i say we will have a dj hero ds very soon

hithere10 wrote: »
    i say we will have a dj hero ds very soon
    Complete with arthritis!

DJ HERO DS, because GH: On Tour didn't finish the job! :p

Exclusive photo of the DJ Hero attachment for 'DJ Hero: DS':

mrtusks5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Much prefer the music in DJ Hero but it is still very expensive. I might go into Gamestop and give it a go before making a purchase.

Very tempted though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Do Gamestop have a price for it yet? Anyone get it early seen as its out tomorrow? Really tempeted to pick it up instead of going out at the weekend :D

Argos have the same price as gamestop and everywhere else I'd imagine, €114.99

• Advertisement

Cherrs Onion, just notice it there myself. Smyths have it for €125, but they have the Renegade Edition for 170! Hmmmm, Decisions yet again. :D

Not a problem. :) Yes, that renegade edition is very sexy, don't think I'll be shelling out that much for it though, I already have to pay for the prestige edition of MW2! :eek:

Not a problem. :) Yes, that renegade edition is very sexy, don't think I'll be shelling out that much for it though, I already have to pay for the prestige edition of MW2! :eek:

Now your just showing off!!!!! :D

Feckers, Xtravision and Gamestop told me 130!!! Anywhere break the release date yet, more to the point have tescos got it :D

Do tesco do that? I know the one in my home town has seriously overpriced games. Go to argos if the others are trying to rob you.

I might just wait till next week. Throw half away this week, half next week, get the Renegade Edition then :D

Do tesco do that? I know the one in my home town has seriously overpriced games. Go to argos if the others are trying to rob you.

They sometimes do deals on new big releases around launch date.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Argos have the same price as gamestop and everywhere else I'd imagine, €114.99

€100 in Tesco

ShaneU wrote: »
    €100 in Tesco
    Jaysus.. great price.

I paid €95 from Sendit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Got the renegade edition up north today for £149, well pleased with it. Very easy to get the hang of it and the tutorial is good. There's a few mixes on it I thought to myself would not sound great but was surprised to hear how well they actual go together, great game :D

Advertisement