Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DJ Hero and Scratch: The Ultimate DJ discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

There's a bit of hands on skills for you! Thank you youtube!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Quick question Onion. Do you play with the buttons set as above, or do you use them on the right hand side?

I've jumped straight into hard and would be generally achieving between 3/4 stars (occainsionally 5 :) ) very rare though.

How you getting on with it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Interesting point, don't have this my self but instinct from looking at it tells me as a lefty I should use the deck as above in the right handed configuration.

It would be more natural for me as it would be the same hands I'd use on guitar for strumming and buttons.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,852 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Plenty of them at €99 in my local Tesco this morning anyways..

Just deleted my last 2 posts as they were wrong. :D

• Advertisement

nicklauski wrote: »
    Quick question Onion. Do you play with the buttons set as above, or do you use them on the right hand side?

I've jumped straight into hard and would be generally achieving between 3/4 stars (occainsionally 5 :) ) very rare though.

How you getting on with it?
    Wont be getting it 'til after my TP (college work) is finished in December. I still haven't played B:RB so that's first on my list! I reckon I'll play right hand on buttons, left on slider. Sure we'll see.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Soooo then. Can't say I had a huge amount of interest in this game, but my local Gamestop (crescent Limerick) had a contest yesterday so I got to try it out, high score won a copy of the game, one attempt, and you had to play on easy!

Must say it was a lot better than I expected it would be... And... I won!!! Got a call today at lunch :D

So, I'm collecting a free copy of this today!!! Looking forward to getting stuck in! I knew those hours (and hours... and hours) spent playing rhythm games would pay off! :)

Congrats Burning Eclipse.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,483 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Easy is ridiculously easy, so either you were the only contestant, or the other contestants were.... ummmm.... physically challenged in some way? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 tuffenuff

This game was worth the wait, the mixes are just so good. The fader and controls can be swapped so if you are left handed, you just pull it away and connect to the other side. Only regret was not getting the renegade version.

• Advertisement

I have to say, I havent even tried easy. I even found medium 'a little' too easy. Playing on hard so I'm just trying to perfect that and hopefully move onto expert soon enough. :D

Oh and fair play BE :D

edit : I "sneakly" got the soundtrack as well so I've been pumping that all day in the hope that I'll get used to the songs quicker and get better :D

basquille wrote: »
    Congrats Burning Eclipse.

Thanks man! :)
    Mr E wrote: »
    The other contestants were.... ummmm.... physically challenged in some way? :)

The average shopper in The Crescent S.C. on a Sunday... Yup, that about covers it ;)

CRAP! Wish I'd known about that, could have challenged you :P Great to see all the good reviews from ye, looking forward to getting this now. Congrats either ways BE :D

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

Thank you Tesco for another bargain,(seriously tho €125 in Gamestop,€115 in Xtravision and €99 in Tesco).

Love it so far i have to say,takes a bit of getteing used to sure thats half the fun.Its 9 years since i last stood behind a set of decks but things feel strangley familiar!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Thank you Tesco for another bargain,(seriously tho €125 in Gamestop,€115 in Xtravision and €99 in Tesco).

Love it so far i have to say,takes a bit of getteing used to sure thats half the fun.Its 9 years since i last stood behind a set of decks but things feel strangley familiar!!!

Its 129.99 in Tesco in Midleton :(

So, to update... Got my hands on this yesterday, and played for a bit last night! Really enjoying it so far. I started out on Hard difficulty, which wasn't too tough (initially at least) so after the second setlist I bumbed it up to Expert, which certainly provides a challenge. 5* the first (ridiculously easy) song, but Disturbia/Somebody Told Me left me in bits :o

Some of the mixes are pretty poor, convinced I'd do a better job... But at the same time, mixes like Hollaback Girl/Give It to Me Baby are fantastic. If only I could sample "I'm Rick James, Bitch" in there ;)

Overall, nicely impressed with a very pleasant surprise :)

I read that some songs support guitar to play along with the dj ??? how many ? and is that any fun ?

calex71 wrote: »
    I read that some songs support guitar to play along with the dj ??? how many ? and is that any fun ?

Hey man, it's only about 7 or 8 songs I think... It's an add-on as opposed to a full feature if you get me. Better to have it than not I suppose, but most songs don't feature a shred of guitar.

Hey man, it's only about 7 or 8 songs I think... It's an add-on as opposed to a full feature if you get me. Better to have it than not I suppose, but most songs don't feature a shred of guitar.

Just listening to the sound track for it over the last few days, so figured it was too many alright, but a lot of the tracks sound like they would have been cool to have the ability to play the drums along with them as well.

If only I could sample "I'm Rick James, Bitch" in there ;)
    +1 on that. :D

• Advertisement

I believe scratch DJ is going to allow you to make your own samples using a microphone. That'd be cool!

This arrived today for the PS3.. will give it a go tonight!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

This arrived today for the PS3.. will give it a go tonight!

What's the verdict Basquille? thinking of picking this up for the 360 today.

As I said in the BA thread
    Great fun game..

The beginner is very easy.. but when you start bringing tapping, scratching and cross-fading into it when you reach Medium - it becomes quite a challenge!

I'd recommend it.

It's good fun.. only played it for about 25 - 30 minutes but really enjoyed it.

Though I need to get used to the cross fader.. when I push it back to center, I tend to push it too far!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

As I said in the BA thread

It's good fun.. only played it for about 25 - 30 minutes but really enjoyed it.

Though I need to get used to the cross fader.. when I push it back to center, I tend to push it too far!

Wrong linky!

Cheers anyway. Gonna go get it anyway, have a few things to trade in so that'll bring down the price a good bit :)

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I know Tesco are selling DJ Hero for €99 but does anyone know if they're selling the Renegade edition and how much for? Also, does anyone have the renegade edition and is it worth it? I'm buying it for my bf for Christmas and I think it would be nice to have the extra bits!

I know Tesco are selling DJ Hero for €99 but does anyone know if they're selling the Renegade edition and how much for?
    They're actually selling it for €129 now.. the €99 price was only for the week of release.

Don't think they're selling The Renegade Edition... haven't seen it available in there.

Smyths are selling the Renegade Edition for €160: http://toys.ie/Shop_Product_List.aspx?Profile=Euro&query=renegade+edition

I wouldn't really say the Renegade edition is much different. The turntable itself, in the renegade edition, is metal, so it's sturdy and would probably take a knock or two. You get a carry case with it too that also acts as a table to sit the turntable on.

If your bf is into special editions and the like then it would be worth the extra few quid. Myself, I have the regular edition, and see no problems with that, does it's job.

It's up to you so, if you think it's going to get knocked about at partys, get the Rengade edition, if like me, your bf looks after his gadgets, the normal one will work fine :D

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Cheers basquille and nicklauski. I think I'm going to go for the renegade. He's a dj himself so think it'll be a bit more "special" plus the room his xbox is in is tiny so the table will come in handy.

That's a good price in Smyths, not going to buy it for a couple of weeks and it says they're low on stock, but I'm sure they'll be getting loads more in for Christmas!

• Advertisement

Sure get the Renegade so! :D

Advertisement