Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "I should have left the credit card at home" thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,758 ✭✭✭cython

Bumping this with my own contribution:

bundle_37.jpg

On the plus side I had about £80 of gift vouchers for CRC, and got another £10 off thanks to a fellow boards, so the credit card isn't quite as sore as it might have been!

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Mugser

Bit the bullet and ordered the Ultegra 6880 groupset, pedals and wheels on merlins the other night. Dropped a lettle teaser with 'er indoors hinting that I may have to get a small few 'wear parts' for the bike before the season starts. Thankfully she was nodding off on the couch at the time:p
    Hopefully she'll be at work when they arrive!! Roll on Monday!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,398 ✭✭✭Ryath

Roll on the easter fleche! Son Edelux II light and delux dynomo hub. From starbike best price's I found bit more than shimano and B&M options but worth it in long run I think.
    Few other bits and pieces at very good prices, SKS Chromoplastics €25, Set of Conti Attack, ForceII €58, Conti Race Tubes €2.90 each!, Swisstop green €16 for 4 pads. Free delivery as well.
    Unfortunately leaving the credit card at home is no good as I know my cc numbers of by heart at this stage!
    edelux_sondelux_500_480.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

After my old faithful Peugeot's mech hanger got mangled, I've just pulled the trigger on:

frame-croix-de-fer-angled.jpg

Mavic-Crossride-Disc-1215.jpg

and

8293.jpg

This will go with 105 gruppo :-)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Mugser wrote: »
    Bit the bullet and ordered the Ultegra 6880 groupset, pedals and wheels on merlins the other night. Dropped a lettle teaser with 'er indoors hinting that I may have to get a small few 'wear parts' for the bike before the season starts. Thankfully she was nodding off on the couch at the time:p
    Hopefully she'll be at work when they arrive!! Roll on Monday!!

Parcel Motel ftw :)

• Advertisement

Borderfox wrote: »
    Parcel Motel ftw :)

Unfortunately wheelsets are about an inch too big for the lockers:(

Ryath wrote: »
    Unfortunately wheelsets are about an inch two big for the lockers:(

If you can collect from Finglas, oversized items are only 3.50 extra.

Alek wrote: »
    If you can collect from Finglas, oversized items are only 3.50 extra.

We don't all live in Dublin you know!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Diggabot

cython wrote: »
    Bumping this with my own contribution:

bundle_37.jpg

On the plus side I had about £80 of gift vouchers for CRC, and got another £10 off thanks to a fellow boards, so the credit card isn't quite as sore as it might have been!

Made the very same purchase myself this week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Decided to see what all this carbon malarkey is all about.
    773-2590-thickbox.jpg
    Felt F1 frameset in Argos Shimano colours.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,209 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Decided to see what all this carbon malarkey is all about.
    773-2590-thickbox.jpg

Once I pay of my power meter I think I am going to do something similar. Where did you get it?

godtabh wrote: »
    Once I pay of my power meter I think I am going to do something similar. Where did you get it?

Got it from a German site called Edelrad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

Just let the credit card lose and treated myself to a equilibrium, I hold Alek partly responsible after the Croix post earlier :)

frame-equilibrium-angled.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

is that not a bit too modern for you? :)

nice frame well wear!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭on_the_nickel

Gulp. Trigger pulled.

orca_black_5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭RonanCFD

krissovo wrote: »
    Just let the credit card lose and treated myself to a equilibrium, I hold Alek partly responsible after the Croix post earlier :)

You won't regret it, its a great frameset (nice in red too!)

Are people going a bit mad ordering today or is this normal and they don't normally post here.

Say's the man who's going to look at a Planet x R57 after work despite having Cannodale Synapse on order. It makes sense does it not? The my Pro Carbon becomes my training bike, the synapse winter/audax bike and the R57 for racing/ fair weather spins.

Just let the credit card lose and treated myself to a equilibrium, I hold Alek partly responsible after the Croix post earlier

I was this > < close to ordering the Equilibrium 853 frameset! :-D (shop-soiled 60cm for 599gbp...)

The red one looks lovely, I wish CdF could come in this colour.
    Are people going a bit mad ordering today or is this normal and they don't normally post here.

It must the sun! Weather is just gorgeous today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

everyone is gone nuts!! :)

lennymc wrote: »
    is that not a bit too modern for you? :)

nice frame well wear!

Cheers lenny,just trying to fit in with the hip modern folk.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭codie

lennymc wrote: »
    everyone is gone nuts!! :)

My wife said I was nuts long time ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭dragratchet

paid off another chunk towards this rig today, another couple months and she'll be mine :)

http://www.wigglestatic.com/product-media/5360084279/0104.jpg

codie wrote: »
    My wife said I was nuts long time ago.

My wife thinks that as well but if she read my posts here she'd have me certified.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭Jocry

Everyone obviously got paid today :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭on_the_nickel

Ryath wrote: »

I don't normally even look at this thread. Because when I do....

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,209 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

paid off another chunk towards this rig today, another couple months and she'll be mine :)

http://www.wigglestatic.com/product-media/5360084279/0104.jpg

Where did you buy it and how did you manage to pay it off in chunks?

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭dragratchet

godtabh wrote: »
    Where did you buy it and how did you manage to pay it off in chunks?

im just throwing in payments monthly towards it in my lbs in clonskeagh..wont get my hands on it till ive paid the lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

Had a Ballistic Steel framed MTB many years ago before the Carbon craze and always wanted another one so as my current aluminium commuter MTB is nearly 4 years old now I decided its time to pull the trigger on this one:

FROOVDO126_P1.jpg

FOOOCR26DO_P1.jpg

I also want to convert to discs and I'll be using this as my commuter so now need new wheels and disc brakes to go with it but should make a lovely commuter combined with slicks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭1jcdub

Bought myself a Garmin Edge 500 bundle ( black & red). Looking forward to getting lots of data make some improvements to my cycling over the summer!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Diggabot

1jcdub wrote: »
    Bought myself a Garmin Edge 500 bundle ( black & red). Looking forward to getting lots of data make some improvements to my cycling over the summer!

I bought one during the week. Used it for the first time today. It's great to see HR and cadence... there's lots of data available on it.

Advertisement