Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "I should have left the credit card at home" thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Well obviously since the weight supported by the ankle is minimal. The point I was trying to make is that some people dislike the wider platform of the shimano pedals, although for "flat footed" people it can be preferred since it offers more support.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 880 ✭✭✭eggie

Damaged my rim so had an excuse to buy these a few days ago.

"Thats the last thing I'm buying for cycling finished, I swear."

Today, not from that vendor though.

No more, swear!

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭jefferson73

Two totally pointless purchases, have glasses have tyres already.

Continental GP4000 White Road Tyres LTD Editions
    http://www.probikekit.com/display.php?code=Y6666

and Oakley Jawbones
    http://www.theinternetopticians.co.uk/oakley-sunglasses/oakley-jawbone-polished-black-frame-red-iridium-polarised-lens_p-3076.html

Really want a second pair of these shorts in black...one of my best buys of the year..proabably just a personal thing but find them amazing comfy.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=26138

Sweet Oakleys, Lance would be proud.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Sweet Oakleys, Lance would be proud.

+1, me want

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭AvidIrishReader

I bought four jerseys three weeks ago on probike and they were excellent value. So far, it's the best site I've found online for cycling gear. (Better than Wiggle and Bikesyoulike.) Two were Cannondale and a third was Descante.

I ordered them on Tuesday evening and they arrived 48 hours later. Cannot beat that.
    lafors wrote: »
    I know you all do it........yes even you!!
    You get bored and start looking at those Zipp 303's and then next thing you know you've bought a load of gear and justify it by saying....at least I didn't drop a K on new wheels..............
    Its the one where, when your wife(s.o.) asks where did that jersey come from, you reply "Oh this old thing, have it ages"........just like she does with shoes :)

So I thought it would be nice to have a thread where you post what you've bought so others can pat you on the back and say how nice it is, so the guilt of spending is just a little bit less :)

..............I'm bored in work, I should have left the CC at home and I just bought these 2 jerseys off PBK, help me feel less guilty please :o:o

http://www.probikekit.com/display.php?code=C7864

http://www.probikekit.com/display.php?code=c8604

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Well obviously since the weight supported by the ankle is minimal. The point I was trying to make is that some people dislike the wider platform of the shimano pedals, although for "flat footed" people it can be preferred since it offers more support.
    Sorry, my quote came off wrong, it was meant more as an explanation for Tonto.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

some socks on your man there. Musta never read the euro sock height limit...

more of a bump of the thread tbh...

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭LastGasp

You mean the Woolie Boolie Socks I got from Wiggle aren't euro ?? They're at least as long as yer mans - Goddammit - more shopping !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

Just got my jerseys I ordered for PBK last week.
    I got XL (as most of my other gear is XL) but its too bloody small....gutted :(
    They don't have any nice 2XL jerseys on PBK in stock so I guess I'm going to have to return them for a refund and buy more.....I hate waiting :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Two totally pointless purchases, have glasses have tyres already.

Continental GP4000 White Road Tyres LTD Editions
    http://www.probikekit.com/display.php?code=Y6666

and Oakley Jawbones
    http://www.theinternetopticians.co.uk/oakley-sunglasses/oakley-jawbone-polished-black-frame-red-iridium-polarised-lens_p-3076.html

Really want a second pair of these shorts in black...one of my best buys of the year..proabably just a personal thing but find them amazing comfy.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=26138

Hope you feel guilty just made me buy a set of half jackets with spare lens (to go with the BBB, spiuks and 2 others I already have :o)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

RobFowl wrote: »
    Hope you feel guilty just made me buy a set of half jackets with spare lens (to go with the BBB, spiuks and 2 others I already have :o)

Anyone know of a pair of Oakleys that will fit a slim face? Something with a good view as with my current pair the frame can restrict the view.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Raam wrote: »
    Anyone know of a pair of Oakleys that will fit a slim face? Something with a good view as with my current pair the frame can restrict the view.

How about these ones ??

http://www.flickr.com/photos/steel-is-real/2957107259/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭alfalad

Saw a pair of carbon fibre Ray Bans in the airport over the weekend. Couldn't buy at the time but i may well be the proud owner by the end of the day!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

These would, and shouldn't block your view too much

• Registered Users Posts: 31,010 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Raam needs something appropriate for his skinny face. Perhaps these?

alfalad wrote: »
    Saw a pair of carbon fibre Ray Bans in the airport over the weekend. Couldn't buy at the time but i may well be the proud owner by the end of the day!

I'd not really recommend Ray Bans for cycling -the G30 lens is Glass, and that's not good in event of a crash. AFAIK you can't get a Ray Ban with composite lens (aside from the kids ones)

Lumen wrote: »
    Raam needs something appropriate for his skinny face. Perhaps these?

You can't talk, where did you get those funky shades from saturday? Looked like Derek Zoolander.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,267 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

I've been trying to find a pair of those Brikos on and off for ages. They really were the business.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

I simply must have them!

• Advertisement

I'd not really recommend Ray Bans for cycling -the G30 lens is Glass, and that's not good in event of a crash. AFAIK you can't get a Ray Ban with composite lens (aside from the kids ones)

But they look pretty cool!! Bonus Euro points from matching my glasses to my bike!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

I simply must have them!

They were called Oakley Eyeshades
    Good luck finding them.........if you do manage to do it, you have to post a link and we'll promise not to buy the same colour as you :)

But they look pretty cool!! Bonus Euro points from matching my glasses to my bike!!

That's a fair point, but the downside is removing shards of glass from your eyeball!

That's a fair point, but the downside is removing shards of glass from your eyeball!

Your voice of sensibility is now making me think twice about buying them! That has to be a first for boards that i'm being talked out of buying something carbon fibre!

Your voice of sensibility is now making me think twice about buying them! That has to be a first for boards that i'm being talked out of buying something carbon fibre!

You're at the airport, and they have a nice selection of Oakleys -get the Radar's!!

Ray Ban's are lovely, I have a few pairs myself, an wear them on my commute (a pair is on my desk in front of me now in fact!), but in a crash, they'd be very ouchy potentially

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭zzzzzzzz

There was a bloke wearing an old usher jersey and a pair of these in the club league last thursday.

You're at the airport, and they have a nice selection of Oakleys -get the Radar's!!

Ray Ban's are lovely, I have a few pairs myself, an wear them on my commute (a pair is on my desk in front of me now in fact!), but in a crash, they'd be very ouchy potentially

Already have Radars, and Ray ban's are showing a bit of wear so hence i wanted the replacement!

But I might just get them any way and just not wear them when i'm on the bike!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,293 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

lafors wrote: »
    They were called Oakley Eyeshades
    Good luck finding them.........if you do manage to do it, you have to post a link and we'll promise not to buy the same colour as you :)

oakley factory pilot eyeshades actually

some for sale here

http://burlington.craigslist.org/bik/1197841918.html

blue though ($100 for cycling history)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

YOU THERE.STEP AWAY FROM YOUR COMPUTER.STEP AWAY NOW

I know where you live and when you go on holidays I am robbing your house and selling everthing (except the Noah thats mine) to everyone here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

I went to the local sports shop at lunch time to spend my way outa my bad day, but no plastic in my pocket:eek:.
    I left everything at home, all I had in my pocket was a few quid for lunch so I saved myself a fortune:D

Must do that more often me thinks......:rolleyes:

Advertisement