Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recession..are we over the worst

Options
  • 26-05-2009 6:13pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭

Discuss...
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭mental07

Recession threads.........are we over them yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,309 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Yes, as George Lee is no longer on Six-0ne

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

Don't be ridiculous. We haven't even gotten to the 'eating our dead' stage yet.
    After that though, it's plain sailing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

mental07 wrote: »
    Recession threads.........are we over them yet?

I doubt it.
    I cant take anymore budgets though..down 400 quid a month since march.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭InFront

If it gets worse, I don't think it wil get significantly worse, the rate of the unemployment rise is slowing down considerably so we do seem to be approaching the bottom of the downward arc alright... this is a good thing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Sleipnir wrote: »

We haven't? ... oops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Highsider

I would'nt say we are anywhere near rock bottom yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

not saying it'll happen but better to be prepared:pac:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

It's very hard to see a silver lining as yet. Has anything actually improved since the recession started? More jobs lost, hospitals closing, banks still acting the twat and FF still in power.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭shqipshume

Dont see the government feeling the recession at all.:mad:
    How much do they get paid anyway out of Irish pockets?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭flas

InFront wrote: »
    If it gets worse, I don't think it wil get significantly worse, the rate of the unemployment rise is slowing down considerably so we do seem to be approaching the bottom of the downward arc alright... this is a good thing

until this years crop of school leavers and graduates leave education and have absolutely no work,it will rise then again...

It's very hard to see a silver lining as yet. Has anything actually improved since the recession started? More jobs lost, hospitals closing, banks still acting the twat and FF still in power.

The govt is robbing peter to pay paul..they've made at least 1.8 billion as a result of the pension levy alone.
    What have they done with the cash?
    fcucking wasted it,thats what.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

€5 says in 12 months time your post ^ will still be fresh...

(bit slow there, that was @ Dr Bollocko)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Recession..are we over the worst
    No

One good thing about this whole sorry mess..the price of drink is coming down and that cant be a bad thing

Has anything actually improved since the recession started?

The weather. The recession hasn't gotten any better but everyone's in a slighly better mood because the sun came out for a bit.

Degsy wrote: »
    One good thing about this whole sorry mess..the price of drink is coming down and that cant be a bad thing

Will the price of the pint in the taxpayer-subsidised Dail bar come down also?

while everything else goes where? :D god can live with out alcohol but look at prices on esb and gas:eek: and the pay cuts it isnt meeting eachother and you're worried about drink lol

I haven't seen it come down in the pubs at all. And I have only seen it stay at the same rate in most of the offy's. Of course it's hankey bannister these days. The days of Jameson are long gone.
    The weather. The recession hasn't gotten any better but everyone's in a slighly better mood because the sun came out for a bit.
    I aint seen no sun yet. Everyone's talking about the bloody sun. Where is it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭Irjudge1

No. Im betting to be unemployed before the end of the year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Not in Galway. I was in a club the other night and a friend of mine paid nearly €15 for a double-vodka and Red Bull. Worse thing was that the vodka was watered down to fuck. It was practically odourless.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

I haven't seen it come down in the pubs at all. And I have only seen it stay at the same rate in most of the offy's. Of course it's hankey bannister these days. The days of Jameson are long gone.

Well you prob have to leave your "Location" to see it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Captain-America

This topic is just plain silly. OP, you must have known the answer before you started this.

Irjudge1 wrote: »
    No. Im betting to be unemployed before the end of the year.

Hope you wont be good luck :)

It's in the sky, Doctor.

Soby wrote: »
    Well you prob have to leave your "Location" to see it

That's probably not going to happen so.

Actually i'm wrong.
    The greedy bastard publicans are still charging whatever the fcuck they like for drink.
    Offys.however at least have the good grace to reduce the price of 6 cans.
    Slightly OT but i buy my beer and wine in newry..i filled the car up with `crates of beer and wine for 90 quid,7 trays of beer and 15 bottles of wine..oh yeah,sainsburies spirits are 7 quid a bottle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭the_dark_side

The govt is robbing peter to pay paul..they've made at least 1.8 billion as a result of the pension levy alone.
    What have they done with the cash?
    fcucking wasted it,thats what.

They didnt waste it... they handed it all straight to the banks to cover the massive losses the banks have incurred on the property roulette wheel... and this is no word of a lie.

There is rumour of another mini budget before December's budget... and it is also rumoured that the government will have to go after people's savings in order to cover the bank's gambling bills.. (I heard this from a reputable source)

Further more, if the church write a cheque to cover impending abuse comensation, the cheque will go straight to the government, who will dole it out as THEY SEE FIT, and give the rest of it to the banks (an unexpected little windfall for the government in the form of a cheque from the vatican)... this possability was discussed on radio 1 this morning.

Meanwhile they will continue to lie to the public while remaining on the payroll of the banks, and EU industrialists to whom they award government contracts to.

While on a trade mission to the UAE a month ago, a senior government official upgraded their hotel to a suite in a neighbouring hotel that cost €800 per night, from the one they had for €400 per night... reason? the cheaper hotel had no spa or leisure facilities... FACT

That's a lot of alcohol Degsy, is there something on your mind? Do you wanna talk about it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

It's just too little too late, imo. 1,500 pubs in Ireland shut in recent years.

Advertisement