Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traffic Blues - RTE1 - May 31st

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭djtechnics1210

Nelopee wrote: »
    Is there secret extra footage somewhere?

Ya did ya not know that :rolleyes:
    Its gonna be called Traffic Blues "Uncut"

Heres a sneak preview of one part......................

Two member of Donegal Traffic "Gone Wild"

mn_cops_three-thumb.jpg

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Irish_polizei

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭gilly0512

vulcan57 wrote: »
    Lets hope that this series is not sold to the UK or the US, or anywhere else for that matter, as I reckon it will be advertised as a sitcom.
    While its not a bad show, I can't for the life of me imagine either the Yanks or the Brits breaking down the door of RTE to get their hands on this series. I find it hard to believe though that after spending six or nine months (or whatever it was) with various traffic corp, that the most exciting footage they could get was of a few dangerous drivers, or a few drunken drivers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,396 ✭✭✭✭kippy

gilly2308 wrote: »
    While its not a bad show, I can't for the life of me imagine either the Yanks or the Brits breaking down the door of RTE to get their hands on this series. I find it hard to believe though that after spending six or nine months (or whatever it was) with various traffic corp, that the most exciting footage they could get was of a few dangerous drivers, or a few drunken drivers.

A LOT of the footage on Roadwars etc is from constant mounted cameras in patrol cars, which I believe are very common in English and US patrol cars. The RTE show had limited amounts of their own cameras in a few cars across the country. The odds of getting something "exciting" would be low.
    The lack of footage and use of helicopters are also a factor.

The "few" drunken/dangerous drivers are thankfully as "bad" as it gets in Ireland in general. (on average) on the roads.

I think the program MAY remind people about a few things. If this program changes the driving habits of just one person it is well worth it.

kippy wrote: »
    The "few" drunken/dangerous drivers are thankfully as "bad" as it gets in Ireland in general. (on average) on the roads.

???????? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Hooch

???????? :confused:

+ 1

Explain please you comment about drunk/dangerous drivers??

Thankfully as bad as it gets????? Silly comment IMO. How much worse can it get on the roads??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Downloading episode 1 and 2.................

• Registered Users Posts: 3,888 ✭✭✭Terrontress

On the one hand, I think it shows a professionalism amongst some members that many people thought was lacking. I have often driven past people walking along motorways, especially out towards the airport at the weekends with people walking home from the pub taking a shortcut. I always thought I must have been the only person to know it is illegal and that the Gardai just didn't care!

That lad Eamon up in Donegal seems particularly professional and pragmatic to me.

On the other hand, it is relatively boring in tv terms. I thought they could spend a minute or so in a station detailing calls coming in. Maybe have a guard explain the controls on his car, the special equipment in the boot.

As it stands, the whole thing just comes over as a massive lecture to wrongdoers and then the guard is either powerless to do anything about it or else he lets them go anyway.

• Advertisement

+ 1

Explain please you comment about drunk/dangerous drivers??

Thankfully as bad as it gets????? Silly comment IMO. How much worse can it get on the roads??
    Sorry, a bit stupid of me. I was qualifying it against the stuff you see on Roadwars and the like, where you'd see multiple cop cars and a few choppers chasing a stolen car/robbers down a 2 lane DC with many innocent bystanders being bypassed by crazy speeding drivers with nothing to lose. Where you also see really really serious bad driving (not that it doesnt happen here) where the cops routinely stop cars for pretty standard stuff, find the driver is wanted for other offences and get guns/knives pulled on them.

I did obviously mean that drunk/dangerous driving was bad, just that the cops dont, in general, have to deal with a lot of the stuff which makes shows like Roadwars so "exciting" for the viewers/

Members deal with all the stuff that happens on road wars all the time..... public just dont hear about it

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Bond-007 wrote: »
    Raise the driving age to 18. Simple. No more JLO's needed for RTA offences.

They could have used the fact the car was foregin registered to impound it. Yes it wouldnt have been taking him off the road for the other offences, but does it matter?

gilly2308 wrote: »

Considering the amount of horrendous driving I've seen durign the course of my daily driving this week alone* the Gards must really go out of their way to avoid seeing offences, either that or they dont want to have to wear out their pens issueing fines and points.

Failing all that I can only assume I'm the luckiest (or unluckiest deppending on your view) driver on the road to encounter these people all the time.

* For one really bad stuff like knac...sorry "travellers" overtaking me and others on the back roads between clonee and Lucan into oncomign traffic that was braking to avoid them, while tryign to catch up to another van load of their fellow salt of the earth types. Then the same van travelling the new road between the Lucan Woodies and wyeth in clondalkin in the bus lane.

Every single time I travel on the M50 there are multiple instances fo bad and/or dangerous driving.I normally only travel between Tallaght and Clondalkin so it's not like I spend a long time on it.

Members deal with all the stuff that happens on road wars all the time..... public just dont hear about it

Part of the point I was trying to make although I would think that the odds of a random stopped driver pulling a gun on them would be a lot higher than in the US.

Part of the point I was trying to make although I would think that the odds of a random stopped driver pulling a gun on them would be a lot higher than in the US.

Road wars is based in the UK which isnt that far from Irish crime rates.

Ever have a knife pulled on you?? Im sure you'll find plenty members here that have.

+1
    Me for knife and put me down for gun too

+1
    Me for knife and put me down for gun too

ME for both too. Double barrell to myself and collegue followed by swift running. Put me down for an axe aswell!!

And syringe and slash hook.
    And the good auld petrol bomb for good measure............

Ah its a great job

And syringe and slash hook.
    And the good auld petrol bomb for good measure............

Ah its a great job

A but sure in fairness dont we have a great pension!!!!!!

And a great stab vest that doesnt protect against syringes!!! O how the list could go on but nog and psni who kick my a**:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Ever have a knife pulled on you?? Im sure you'll find plenty members here that have.
    Having worked in US law enforcement I can say that myself and most of my colleagues were getting guns pulled on them on a weekly basis.
    +1
    I have had many a knife pulled on me, in fact more often than guns. It the knife guy that you need to be more afraid of.

• Advertisement

I couldnt feel less more protected everyday i work

Well i can honestly say that the only thing we'll see pulled in anger on traffic blues is a ticket book or maybe if viewers are very very lucky............. a handbrake.

Well i can honestly say that the only thing we'll see pulled in anger on traffic blues is a ticket book or maybe if viewers are very very lucky............. a handbrake.

What are you saying......we havint even seen the FCPS handheld come out yet.

*finger wagging* now dont do that again. Its wery wery bad you know!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Mutz

LOL - its a very weak program if you ask me:

"Next week - a man gets arrested for drink driving!" - So thats one per episode so! :rolleyes: Variety people please!

This week on traffic blues.......
    A speeding motorist is caught with a WMD in his NI registered car that is clearly falling apart

375cfbdbcf7880152b35bd2be3efbeac_large.jpg

And after a chase lasting for 16 counties...................
    The driver gave his name as Mr Osama Bin Laden and he was given a ticket for breaking one of 287 red lights.... which Mr Bin Laden was asked nicely to pay, even though he wont cause he will never be in the south again

Mr Bin Laden was given a chance in relation to the other offences as hes never been in trouble before.

I Hate Traffic Blues :mad:

This week on traffic blues.......
    A speeding motorist is caught with a WMD in his NI registered car that is clearly falling apart

375cfbdbcf7880152b35bd2be3efbeac_large.jpg

And after a chase lasting for 16 counties...................
    Mr Bin Laden was given a ticket for breaking one of 287 red lights.... which Mr Bin Laden was asked nicely to pay, even though he wont cause he will never be in the south again

I Hate Traffic Blues :mad:

I cant stop the laughter!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D My sides hurt!!!

also......i hate traffic blues too:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

I've had a knife pulled on me once. Not a very pleasant experience, I have to admit.

I've had a knife pulled on me once. Not a very pleasant experience, I have to admit.

Try that serveral times a year....and still come to work with a smile and a massive paycut.:)

• Advertisement

Try that serveral times a year....and still come to work with a smile and a massive paycut.:)

Several times a year? Seriously? Surely that cant be indicitive of the average member of the service?

Where are you based?

Advertisement