Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Operation Summer Breeze 6th of June

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭evilrobotshane

Anyone heading down from the Big Smoke in an automobilulator with a spare seat who likes sharing petrol money? I'd love to hit this up but need a ride.

Also, are South-East Airsoft going to have a presence? If I can go, I'd need to stock up on bio BBs, and might as well get a sexy Russian helmet to protect my sexy Jebrovian head.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭madmaxi

Hi evilrobotshane,

SE Airsoft shop maybe there.
    If you want something inparticular contact us on:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055411758

& we'll sort you out. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 45 mobprop667

Hey all, sorry about the lack of information. family life with a one year old is pretty time consuming.
    I just want to let you all know that even though this is classed as a Milsim, it is more like a "milsim lite".

Allow me to explain.
    due to the fact that a lot of the people that have been coming to our site are new to the sport, we felt that easing people into the world of milsim would be kind of fun.
    we are allowing people to "run with what ya brung" meaning that there are very few restrictions on the type of AEG, ammo amounts, etc.

this will be a narrative driven day, meaning that a central character will be explaining scenarios and leading players through the day and the storyline.

we have set up the sides so that they will be evenly matched to the best of our ability and that alll experience levels will be catered for.

If you are new to airsoft, or to milsim, come down anyway, you will have a good time, and if all goes well, be a little entertained.

believe it or not, there is a method to our madness, and a reason for giving out a little info at a time.
    in the real word, military units are working with the bare minimum of intel, as they are getting it piece by piece. as a former participant in real missions very similar to this scenario playing out here at SEACOM, I can assure you that the amount of info you are getting is about as realistic as it gets.
    we are not trying to keep anything from you, just trying to get the game started long before you all actually arrive on site.
    it kind of gets you playing from home, from work, from anywhere.

So everyone, I ask you to get in the spirit of things and play along, ask what you want, hell, if you want, get into character and play along if you like.
    this will be a fun time. we are looking forward to seeing all of you.

I will be playing the character of the intelligence operative on the ground. and i am collecting intel everyday, and i will keep you updated.
    Kevin Weaver

SEAC Vice Chair

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭chakav

Sounds intriging my good sir :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

mobprop667 wrote: »
    this will be a narrative driven day, meaning that a central character will be explaining scenarios and leading players through the day and the storyline.

Great idea. I did that once with a bunch of beginners and they loved it.

Regular MilSimers are used to it of course, but I guarantee the newer players will thrive on it too. Every day should be like that :)

• Advertisement

why thank you. this has been a group effort since the beginning and this is our first milsim type event at SEACOM. hopefully we will not stumble too much, and this will be an enjoyable day.

there are a lot of new airsofters in the southeast and around tha country that are nervous about jumping headfirst into a full on milsim, and therefore dont get to enjoy alot of these type scenarios. this particular event is targeted at evryone, regardless of experience.

we are working on a few surprises as well that will keep everyone on their toes.

most importantly, we want everyone to have fun on the day. that is what we all started airsofting for. when it ceases to be fun, then we have lost our way.

i would like to invite everyone yet again to SEACOM. we may be a new site, but we are tough, and fun.

So all of you out there, don't miss it.

are ya coming up ozzie? i got a few bbs with yer name on them. been waiting since the first meeting!! lol

we would love to have ya up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

Just to avoid confusion, MadOzzie from Cork is the real Australian. I'm just a wannabe. I'll be there on the 6th if I can.

OzCam wrote: »
    Just to avoid confusion, MadOzzie from Cork is the real Australian. I'm just a wannabe. I'll be there on the 6th if I can.

tey all look alike to me..... lol

i am the big tattooed yank. say hello if ya make it up

Did someone say bb's with Ozzie's name on 'em.

Just in - Special Order for Kevin ;)
    ozzie.jpg

• Advertisement

haahaahaaa!!! that is greeat!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭buzzymcg

Is it possible to wear a shemagh instead of neoprene.It gives me better protection.I have a lid so it's just for the face. Just one more question is there any camping near or on the site as I don't fancy a monster drive that morning

buzzymcg wrote: »
    Is it possible to wear a shemagh instead of neoprene.It gives me better protection.I have a lid so it's just for the face. Just one more question is there any camping near or on the site as I don't fancy a monster drive that morning

Where ya comin from mate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭buzzymcg

Dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭MAD Ozzie

chakav wrote: »
    Did someone say bb's with Ozzie's name on 'em.

Just in - Special Order for Kevin ;)
    ozzie.jpg

Bloody good one :D:D Better get the Kev a big box of em, cos ya know how them yanks like to waste ammo!! :p

Ill be there to shoot yas/get shot, at some stage in the next 3 months.
    But feel free to shoot Ozcam as if it was me :D

Best of luck with Operation (I wish we had a) Summer Breeze, and I hope yas have a ball :)
    (loads of 6mm ones)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭andros

MAD Ozzie wrote: »
    Bloody good one :D:D Better get the Kev a big box of em, cos ya know how them yanks like to waste ammo!! :p

Ill be there to shoot yas/get shot, at some stage in the next 3 months.
    But feel free to shoot Ozcam as if it was me :D

Best of luck with Operation (I wish we had a) Summer Breeze, and I hope yas have a ball :)
    (loads of 6mm ones)

I'm just waiting for you here Oz. And I have a very strange feeling your trying to avoid me:D

I'll be there if you change your mind, mate.

i hope that the additional information that i added recently is of help to those who asked for it.
    The club will be at Duncannon Fort this coming weekend, as we will have a table there. please stop by and introduce yourselves, even if you cant make it to OSB.
    We will be there promoting the club as well as Operation Summer Breeze and we will be answering questions.

I personally want to extend an invite to all the guys at Eirsoft (Tony, Richie, and everyone), Go Tactical (Peter and the boys), and all of the other shops and outlets around.
    This is about having fun and shooting some bbs. lets help the sport grow together.

If the lads at red barn, grey wolf, gtac, hrta, fingal, the warehouse, cork airsoft, or any other sites dont have anything going on, come on down, have some fun. we would love to have you.

There will be bi bbs on sale at the site, and there will be a small number of safety items (helmets, masks) available to rent on a first come, first served basis.

i will have a little more info for everyone as the day draws nearer.

keep checking back often.

Kevin
    Vice Chair SEAC

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

i should be there....looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭Rhinocharge

i should be there....looking forward to it.

Fallschirmjager your more than welcome. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 rockercover

How close is this site to Waterford? and will this be a one off event?

• Advertisement

How close is this site to Waterford? and will this be a one off event?

From Waterford City it's a 35-40 minute drive.
    Yes there will be more. This is only the first of many scenarios. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 rockercover

From Waterford City it's a 35-40 minute drive.
    Yes there will be more. This is only the first of many scenarios. :)

WoW thats a quick responce!
    What other scenarios will there be?
    Do you have sat nav coordinates for this place?

buzzymcg wrote: »

To put it simply no. A shemagh will not suffice as a substitute for the neopren face mask. Our insurance has only given us the option of full face mask or neopren + goggles.

Regarding camping, we are unable to facilitate at this time. SEACOM is situated on a moutain with gentle slopes in the middle of heavy forest.
    Coilte will not give permission for camping.

We're working on some camping facilities for later on in the year.

WoW thats a quick responce!
    What other scenarios will there be?
    Do you have sat nav coordinates for this place?

Unable to verify at this time, you don't have security clearance.

N52 28.448 W6 53.138 will get you to White Mountain, SEACOM is a short spin up from there.

frontpagee.jpg

frtpage2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭lochdara

That is one super poster...Well done guys...

Currently fundraising for Irish Motor Neurone Disease Association

In Memory of my fab Wife www.sinsin.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Tommy_NDX

Love the bit about the asteroid. Hilarious:p:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Vent13

Ha ha!

Brilliant!!!

Vent13
    Chairperson
    SEAC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭FingalAirsoft

Good luck with this guys, I'm sure it will be a great day:);)

Bren

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement