Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Operation Summer Breeze 6th of June

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Vent13

lochdara wrote: »
    see we clicked at the same time.. good minds eh

Hooah!

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭lochdara

Vent13 wrote: »
    Hooah!

to much Sausage Egg and Chips :D

Currently fundraising for Irish Motor Neurone Disease Association

In Memory of my fab Wife www.sinsin.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭maximus-2100

theres no way in the world that im gonna miss this event! im ready to fall in now!!!!!! :D

theres no way in the world that im gonna miss this event! im ready to fall in now!!!!!! :D

Stand Up! Hook Up! Shuffle to the door Soldier!!

Time for a HALO jump into hell!!!

Vent13
    Chairperson
    SEAC

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭maximus-2100

Time for a HALO jump into hell!!!

Vent13
    Chairperson
    SEAC

ooh ooh oooh can i do that! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

Mark me down and I'll try get a few more volunteers to "shoot the breeze"

;)

ooh ooh oooh can i do that! :D

You provide the aircraft soldier, we'll provide the shove and the LZ!!;)

Vent13
    Chairperson
    SEAC

• Registered Users Posts: 45 mobprop667

more details will be made available in the coming days. some things are being ironed out on saturday and we will have a clear picture for everyone in the next day or so.

this is going to rock!

Mark me down and I'll try get a few more volunteers to "shoot the breeze"

;)

Hooah!! Now thats what I'm talking about!! Good for you!! We need as many as we can to bring stability to Central/South America! Consider yourself enlisted!!!;)

Vent13
    Chairperson
    SEAC

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

Stand Up! Hook Up! Shuffle to the door Soldier!!

God Damn it, bright orange actionman jumpsuits ain't gonna work, gonna have to sort a night jump :D

80680.jpg

• Advertisement

Ha ha!! Excellent pic!!

Keep the orange jumpsuits for a "Prison Break" or "Operation Guantanamo Bay" games!!!:)

Vent13
    Chairperson
    SEAC

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

should oragnise a few names going from what part of the country -for lifts and stuff

Gatling wrote: »
    should oragnise a few names going from what part of the country -for lifts and stuff

Very good idea Gatling.

Anyone travelling down with room in their car, just post it on here and anyone interested can PM them.

Vent13
    Chairperson
    SEAC

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Would it be possible to sign a waiver so as not to wear a helmet? this would be a deciding factor for me, i cant wear full face or lids, I'll die of heat exhaustion and fog like mad. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭Rhinocharge

Masada wrote: »
    Would it be possible to sign a waiver so as not to wear a helmet? this would be a deciding factor for me, i cant wear full face or lids, I'll die of heat exhaustion and fog like mad. :)

Lid is required, not an option. Neopren face mask & goggles instead of facemask. Meet you halfway. ;)

No can do I'm afraid. We all gotta wear 'em. Most of us use mesh rather than lens's anyway, so no fogging. Sorry if that is the deciding factor for you, but our insurance is explicit.

However I must say, for new walk ons who have played on our site, after the initial reluctance, there was no problem. The Helmets have saved a few heads in the forest!!! Hard to explain it unless you've seen it and bounced off a few trees and rocks!!

And you def dont want that to be deciding whether or not you attend a great event like Operation Summer Breeze!! Thanks for the interest.

Cheers

Vent13
    Chairperson
    SEAC

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭G3-Nut

oh god lads just get richie something solid that covers the skull and is painted in multicam or tan, he will be all over it

No can do I'm afraid. We all gotta wear 'em. Most of us use mesh rather than lens's anyway, so no fogging. Sorry if that is the deciding factor for you, but our insurance is explicit.

However I must say, for new walk ons who have played on our site, after the initial reluctance, there was no problem. The Helmets have saved a few heads in the forest!!! Hard to explain it unless you've seen it and bounced off a few trees and rocks!!

And you def dont want that to be deciding whether or not you attend a great event like Operation Summer Breeze!! Thanks for the interest.

Cheers

Vent13
    Chairperson
    SEAC

Bear in mind we ONLY use Bio BB's on SEACOM when choosing you goggles/mesh masks.

Correct me if i am wrong but skateboard style helmets are allowed. They can we well vented.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Fresz19

lol...
    I read about half of this posts and i give 10 out of 10 points to ppl that aim with 328 [ofc less than that] fps and call them selfs "professional AirSofters".

I will be on this event no matter what...

To ppl that dont like helmets get your selfs turf hat.

pm/email if u whant know more info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭andros

Will be there, with helmet and full face mask.

• Advertisement

looking forward to seeing you guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭AlternateID

Fresz19 wrote: »
    lol...
    I read about half of this posts and i give 10 out of 10 points to ppl that aim with 328 [ofc less than that] fps and call them selfs "professional AirSofters".

I will be on this event no matter what...

To ppl that dont like helmets get your selfs turf hat.

pm/email if u whant know more info.

I don't know what half of that post means.

Anyway, I don't really care about the helmet. Full face on the other hand is a probblem.

Sorry, I wont be attending.

Anyway, I don't really care about the helmet. Full face on the other hand is a probblem.

Thats a shame... we like our guests having a safe enjoyable day.
    There are options to full face masks. Basically the face has to be covered with something. If you have another way of doing this give us a bell to check the idea out

As previously stated, the helmet is non negotiable (allthough some of our guys wear the "skull cap" style helmets under boonies, baseball caps, etc, that work quite well).

The full face mask can be substituted for goggles and neopreme mask, so you dont all have to look like Darth Vader....unless you like that sort of thing!!

So there are always options guys. Letting the non wearing of safety equipment be the deciding factor for a great event would be a shame!!

Regards

Vent13
    Chairperson
    SEAC

Just to answer a few of the many PM's i've received for information ... SEACOM is a Bio BB only site

Regards

Vent13
    Chairperson
    SEAC

and too add that random checks will be carried on every event.offenders using non bio's will be dealt with.

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭AlternateID

lochdara wrote: »
    and too add that random checks will be carried on every event.offenders using non bio's will be dealt with.

Ah, the tasting test. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭Rhinocharge

Ah, the tasting test. :p

Nope it's were we stick your bb's between our pliers & crush 'em. :)

and if they dont crush em well we still can use the pliers.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 mobprop667

here is some more info.

Bring normal loadouts that you would bring for a normal skirmish.
    Bring as many mags and bbs as you would normally do. some scenarios will have no limits
    There will be ONE support weapon per 5 players. bring yer AEGs as well.
    For the day, you will be allowed to use ONE AEG OR SHOTGUN and ONE PISTOL. there will be no crazy overloaded mercs running around.
    Snipers are welcome.
    The side of the airborne troopers will be wearing military camo. British, US, German, etc. are acceptable. must have military look.
    Salazar's soldiers will be a mix of civilian, and military dress.
    There is no particular weapon restriction other than the ones stated above.
    There will be no organised team play. all skirmishers will be placed on sides as numbers dictate. We will try to accomodate preferences, but even sides are a priority.
    New ingame elements will assure that both sides have a chance of winning skirmishes. these elements are to remain undisclosed until game day, but will be sure to put smiles on faces.
    Yes there will be respawns on a number of scenarios.
    There is a narrative. Intelligence operative on the ground will give information on scenarios, based on result of previous action.
    Interaction with Operative could have direct impact on next scenario.
    That should whet your appetite for now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement