Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Operation Summer Breeze 6th of June

Options
  • 21-05-2009 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭

The SEA-C proudly presents: A Mil-Sim orientated day.

Operation Summer Breeze

MISSION BRIEF: 21 May 2009 011:30hrs

Classified: EYES ONLY

The country of San Milagro have for years enjoyed the fruits of the natural resources available to them. Oil companies stationed off the coast have been paying handsomely for the pleasure of drilling , mining companies have paid for mineral rights. for 20 years San Milagro has been the envy of the entire South American continent , thriving education and health services have lead to happiness and contentment among the people.

In the last 3 years however a new government has risen to power.the corrupt general Manuel Salazar has decided that the wealth pouring into the government from oil and minerals would be better spent on his army, in the hopes of overthrowing neighbouring goverments.
    gathering a force taken from the pro Salazar government troops he has taken control of the mines and drilling sites in the name of his government.
    The oil companies have gotten wind of this and have quietly placed private security companies on all sensitive rigs and installations. Mining companies have asked for support from pro democracy governments as well as Companies such as Greenriver Security. the private security forces are heavily armed and answer only to their paymasters.
    From the sidelines the neighbouring countries watch in horror , powerless to act or retaliate to hostile actions.

A multinational Intelligence organisation previously unknown and still unnamed has been running a lone operator in the area providing HUMINT (human intelligence) and daily SITREPs to friendly forces for the last month. As this operator is currently operating alone and unsupported, Analysts have decided that this is the time to act, as the asset's operational integrity may already be comprimised.

The 13th Airborne Regiment, 73rd Infantry has been tasked with HALO dropping into the AO, making contact with the operator on the ground, and assertaining the mission profiles. A list of objectives will be given upon examination of INTEL.

Salazar is known to have a highly motivated, well armed, and well trained force at his command. He is also know to have heavy artillery emplacements startegically placed throughout the Area of Operation, and there have been uncomfirmed sightings of mobile SAM sites in the area.

This mission is of the highest priority and is considered to be extremely hazardous.

End of Brief.

Major Richard D Hawley
    CMNDR Spec Op Command
    Fort Meade Maryland

DESTROY AFTER READING>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>DESTROY AFTER READING>>>>>>>>>

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭Rhinocharge

Rally point: The Bunker, New Ross.

09:00 Rally point.
    09:30 Convoy to staging point.
    10.00 Equipment check. ( Chronoscope & Waivers )
    10:45 Mission Briefing ( plus safety briefing )
    11:00 Operation begins.

13:30 Chow
    14:00 Secondary mission.

18:00 Evac & home.

Places limited to 120 personnel.
    Full day 25€
    Half day 15€
    Safety equipment rentals available on 1st come, 1st served basis.

Requirements:
    16 & over with signed waiver.
    Boots, Helmet plus facemask or Goggles & neopren mask.
    Own aeg.
    Recommended plenty of water, footpowder, change of socks & own cup.

Facilities on site:
    Secure parking
    First Aid Post
    Toilet
    BBQ
    Airsoft consumables, Rations & water available all day.
    Free Tea & Coffee.

Officers' on site:
    Qualified medics
    Youth Laison
    Health & Safety

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Is there a date yet?

And, are helmets actually required?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

6th June I believe.......:)

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭AlternateID

Helmet plus facemask or Goggles & neopren mask

Seriously????

gerrowadat wrote: »
    Is there a date yet?

And, are helmets actually required?

Iceage is correct, June 6th & yes helmets are required, our insurance dictates this. The terrain is extremely challenging & you will be thankful for it, especially if it rains. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭Harlequin Wolf

I don't own a mask, can't stand wearin the bloody things. I don't know how anyone can aim with them on. I wore one the first ever time i played when HRTA first opened and i cound't get the aeg up near my face to aim.

Swore i'd never wear a mask again :P

• Registered Users Posts: 45 mobprop667

Unfortunately for the folks that dont like to wear masks, our insurance policy dictates that it is a requirement. an alternative is to wear a neoprene lower face cover and goggles. this is the minimum amount of cover that our policy allows.
    please dont let this be a deal breaker as to whether you come to check out our site.
    It wil be an awsome day and we would love to see as many people from around the country as possible.
    as rhinocharge stated, the terrain is very challenging and face protection is a great idea.
    as far as not being abe to aim, firing at 1 joule or less, you can see the bbs and where they go, so it isnt a huge issue.
    i am not a fan of masks myself, but with a few modifications, my mask is both comfortable, and legal.
    i will be on site during the day and will be happy to assist anyone to get a comfortable fit with their mask, while keeping it within the rules.
    This will be the first major event for SEACOM and SEAC since the club started, and we would like to make it a great day for all.
    Come on down and have some fun. don't let your decision be based on "mask or no mask".

Kevin
    Vice Chair SEAC

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Alzir

Whats the weapons and mag limits, ROE etc.
    Would be interested in this....

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

put me down for this

Alzir wrote: »
    Whats the weapons and mag limits, ROE etc.
    Would be interested in this....

Choice of guns is personal & limitations of mags & ammo to be advised before deployment in the field. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭-=AIR=-

I hope i will be there :)

Gatling wrote: »
    put me down for this

Gatling fall in. :)

-=AIR=- wrote: »
    I hope i will be there :)

-=AIR=- fall in. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭lochdara

I shall be doing my dandiest to be there.

Currently fundraising for Irish Motor Neurone Disease Association

In Memory of my fab Wife www.sinsin.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

Good luck with the event.

Have a great game.

(Event added to calendar.)

put it simply, you havent seen the ground... ;) .. its soft to land on but the trees and tree stumps arent.

I think you might like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭G3-Nut

im sure i can go AWOL for this:rolleyes: might bring the fellas in my section for the craic :p
    rob ourselves a hercules and pay andy_g to fly us over lol while being chased by f16s

G3-Nut wrote: »
    im sure i can go AWOL for this:rolleyes: might bring the fellas in my section for the craic :p
    rob ourselves a hercules and pay andy_g to fly us over lol while being chased by f16s

your welcome only if you can parachute in... now that would be an entrance :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭G3-Nut

lochdara wrote: »
    your welcome only if you can parachute in... now that would be an entrance :)

lol talk about atmosphere

G3-Nut wrote: »
    lol talk about atmosphere

i can picture russell casse from independance day as your pilot dropping you into the middle of the fight..... shouting Ha-ha-ha! Hello, boys! I'm back!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Vent13

Hey all,

Vent13 here, Chairperson of the SEAC

Jump in to one of the greatest battles and scenarios Airsoft has seen in years!! It in all the papers, even the New York times!!

Check it out!!!

Hoooah!!

And by the way guys, most important part of any mission is getting to the action!!

Click HERE to get directions to SEACOM, 11 acres of mountain woodland, bunkers and firing positions with not a tyre or pallet in sight!!

SEACOM....where no one can hear you scream!!!!!:eek:

Vent13
    Chairperson
    SEAC

Vent13 wrote: »
    And by the way guys, most important part of any mission is getting to the action!!

Click HERE to get directions to SEACOM, 11 acres of mountain woodland, bunkers and firing positions with not a tyre or pallet in sight!!

SEACOM....where no one can hear you scream!!!!!:eek:

Vent13
    Chairperson
    SEAC

excludes the French guys screams

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Toherinator

any chance of any rental helmets?

any chance of any rental helmets?

That can be arranged as long as you book in advance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭buzzymcg

If I'm not working I'll be there, been looking for an excuse to head down.:D

buzzymcg wrote: »

Cheers buddy! Anytime you need an excuse, SEAC are always there.

On another note, we also provide cover stories, witness reports and alibi's, but at a small cost!!!;)

Vent13
    Chairperson
    SEAC

buzzymcg wrote: »

well theres your excuse not to goto work... We can provide a ring in sick service :)

On another note, we also provide cover stories, witness reports and alibi's, but at a small cost!!!;)

Vent13
    Chairperson
    SEAC

see we clicked at the same time.. good minds eh

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭buzzymcg

Vent13
    Chairperson
    SEAC

Looks like I'll be there then,now all I have to do is find that old skateboard helmet

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement