Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So, What did YOU spend your dole money on today?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

m3llowship wrote: »
    No I got out of the right side of bed, early too, because I had to go to work.

Congratulations, you look like an idiot.

And judging by the conviction of your children's hospital post, I can only presume you will be rushing down tomorrow to make a donation..... but wait they are only open til 1pm, you'll probably still be enjoying your lie in
    ?

Can you please take your "Oh so serious" banter somewhere else, Im not trying to offend you or whatever. Does every thread trying to get some fun going on HAVE to be ruined?

ffs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭truecrippler

Fizman wrote: »
    Oh someones a bit touchy all of a sudden. Look on the bright side though, at least you have 120 quid to blow over the next 6 days eh??

No, he bought the phone with that. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭newmills

Hmm, I believe the Fashion forums are 8 forums beneath this forum.

Please do take care where you point and click

It's a pity you didn't check out the fashion forum before you bought those shoes.

OP open up your window and listen......................that's the sound of every person on AH laughing at you..... the siren in the background is the fashion police - it's the joy for you my friend!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭m3llowship

?

Can you please take your "Oh so serious" banter somewhere else, Im not trying to offend you or whatever. Does every thread trying to get some fun going on HAVE to be ruined?

ffs

I'm pretty sure there are a few posters laughing now, but it is at your expense? Then again if its fun you are looking for, fun we had.

LAUGH IT UP AH!!!!

*points*

"Look at the poor person Daddy"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

I'm pretty sure there are a few posters laughing now, but it is at your expense? Then again if its fun you are looking for, fun we had.

LAUGH IT UP AH!!!!

*points*

I preferred the shoes skit personally. Ruiner.

• Advertisement

LAUGH IT UP AH!!!!

*points*

Can you stop ruining this thread?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭newmills

mollypop wrote: »
    That statement is wrong in soo many ways. :rolleyes:

Not really - i'm self employed and so i have to make hay while the sun shines. I might not have any work next week and I am not entitled to social welfare and like most of us here I have a mortgage, kids etc. Plus when the people with nice cushy office jobs are strolling into work for 9, i'm climbing out of bed at 6.15 to put it some serious physical effort. I wish I could say I make that kind of money every day but I don't!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

To be fair m3llowship this thread is a pisstake. I really don't think the OP is stupid enough to have bought those shoes...sorry shoe, and that the entire premise of the thread is to invite witticisms and humourous comment from other posters...if he happens to catch out a few people such as yourself along the way with his comments then it's all in a day's trolling...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

I spent my dole on permanent markers, election posters here I come.

Vain wrote: »
    I spent my dole on permanent markers, election posters here I come.
    Thats the spirit!

*Just don't go sniffing them things there anto

• Advertisement

I'm gonna stay the course on this one guys.

But if its idle banter ye want, that's to be respected to.

I mean we all deserve it after a hard day at the..........!

I'm kidding

Banter on AH, I know I got some laughs along the way and now I shall bow out gracefully........unless of course by the time I hit enter someone else has posted something cutting and I must reply!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Can M3llowship be banned for being a buzzkill?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭lucky-colm

I bought me an amazing pair of italian leather shoes (:rolleyes:) today from Arnotts, cost me north of 80 euros.

So nice, smooth leather sole, shiny black soft leather. Makes walking feel oh so nice.

And best of all its alllllllllll freeeeeeeee

Well you suckers with them job things paid for it so technically its not but still, have fun walking to work tomorrow in the rain with your tattered hole in the sole shoes while I sleep at home until 12

Well What did you all spend your dole money on today?

lol iam one of thoose "suckers" with a job and when you have a job you dont spend 50% of your weekly income on a shoe and 50% next week so as to make a pair.
    no i earn enough to keep my wife and 3 children 2 new cars a 485K mortgage paid on my own
    just back from a week in the algarve
    caribbeann cruise last august
    spain last may
    las vegas previous oct
    disneyland paris that may
    you get the jist 2 hols a year (another drawback of being self employed and not on the dole darn!)

only place you can afford to go is to hop on one "shoe" to the welfare office and stand in the rain while you qeue to collect your handsome sum of circa €200 (nice holiday or would you just call that a short break)

also with my earnings i dont have to wait for the end of the week to be able to afford shoes. on the contrary i can afford to buy mine at 08:05 on monday morning if i so wish

see so i dont mind being a "sucker"

p.s.

and just to really piss you off when bank of ireland shares were at rock bottom .16cents i didnt buy, but having a thing called savings(doubt if you would know much about this phenomenon its a new thing that you do with spare cash"savings" dont forget that word drop it a few times around your dole qeue buddies and they will think you are a high roller or something) i did buy €10,000 worth at .23cents and today they closed at €1.58 roughly 6.5 times what i paid for them. so guess what! this "sucker" has made 65k in less than 2 months on the side yes thats right 65k
    wait! i will fill in the zeros for you so that you know what it looks like €65,000

i would prefer to be a "sucker" rather than a knob on the dole thinking he is smarter than everyone else

lucky-colm wrote: »
    lol iam one of thoose "suckers" with a job and when you have a job you dont spend 50% of your weekly income on a shoe and 50% next week so as to make a pair.
    no i earn enough to keep my wife and 3 children 2 new cars a 485K mortgage paid on my own
    spain last may
    las vegas previous oct
    you get the jist 2 hols a year (another drawback of being self employed and not on the dole darn!)

only place you can afford to go is to hop on one "shoe" to the welfare office and stand in the rain while you qeue to collect your handsome sum of circa €200 (nice holiday or would you just call that a short break)

also with my earnings i dont have to wait for the end of the week to be able to afford shoes. on the contrary i can afford to buy mine at 08:05 on monday morning if i so wish

p.s.

and just to really piss you off when bank of ireland shares were at rock bottom .16cents i didnt buy, but having a thing called savings(doubt if you would know much about this phenomenon its a new thing that you do with spare cash"savings" dont forget that word drop it a few times around your dole qeue buddies and they will think you are a high roller or something) i did buy €10,000 worth at .23cents and today they closed at €1.58 roughly 6.5 times what i paid for them. so guess what! this "sucker" has made 65k in less than 2 months on the side yes thats right 65k
    wait! i will fill in the zeros for you so that you know what it looks like €65,000

i would prefer to be a "sucker" rather than a knob on the dole thinking he is smarter than everyone else

dude...............wtf..........

Least ya took the heat off me though?

"eehhh........I dont know this guy I swear" *scurries away to leave lucky-colm to defend himself against the angry mob*

Maybe you should use some of your windfall to buy a sense of humour...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

I used mine to fly to Poland and collect the dole there.

Oh, d'oh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭mollypop

spain last may
    las vegas previous oct

p.s.

:D Oh dear! Why do I feel more sorry for you, coming on to a board during a recession bragging about living it up, wasting money while the counties coming to its knees in response to a piss take on what people on the dole spend their money on. You are now king of this thread.

spain last may
    las vegas previous oct

p.s.

Em, I believe I understand basic maths, congrats on the 65,000, I hope you use it wisely to be fly.
    May I recommend you study the song Hypnotize by Notorious B.I.G. you will see that the both of you have something in common minus of course the fact he WAS 100000% times richer and more awesome
    than you.

I would prefer to be a "sucker" rather than a knob on the dole thinking he is smarter than everyone else

Em, I believe I understand basic maths, congrats on the 65,000, I hope you use it wisely to be fly as a certain Notorious rapper once wisely said.
    May I recommend you study the song Hypnotize by Notorious B.I.G. you will see that the both of you have something in common minus of course the fact he WAS 100000% times richer and more awesome
    than you.

Oh wow, Does your business involve selling high horses, You need to get off of yours and go over to the financial forum.

dude...............wtf..........

Least ya took the heat off me though?

"eehhh........I dont know this guy I swear" *scurries away to leave lucky-colm to defend himself against the angry mob*

lol dont have to defend myself against anyone
    i was on the dole once back in the early nineties for 7 years and had quite a good time on it cos i was working full time as well i even found out that you could take holidays while on the dole and they would save your money for you till you came back you should have seen the face on yer wan behind the counter when i told her i was going to australia for a months holidays. anyhow i am doing much better of the dole

any how i f**king off up the pub

bye bye suckers

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

phasers wrote: »
    Can M3llowship be banned for being a buzzkill?

Buzzkill? I thought that was the funniest part of the thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

i was on the dole once back in the early nineties for 7 years and had quite a good time on it cos i was working full time as well i even found out that you could take holidays while on the dole and they would save your money for you till you came back you should have seen the face on yer wan behind the counter when i told her i was going to australia for a months holidays. anyhow i am doing much better of the dole

bye bye suckers

Bye

bye bye suckers
    We won't miss ya, have fun over there now don't go killing any mad parties now!

Back on topic(Whatever the hell it is now)

Thank god that lucky-colm lad is gone, I was sure he would never leave. I can just hear him down down the pub im the greatest, I have a job:pac:

Back on topic(Whatever the hell it is now)

I believe we were attempting to make some snide remarks re: Michael Jackson fans before we were so rudely interupted...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Vain wrote: »
    Thank god that lucky-colm lad is gone, I was sure he would never leave. I can just hear him down down the pub im the greatest, I have a job:pac:
    You're a fine one to talk "Mr I'm going to Portugal in 25 days and I'm going to brag about it in my sig". Why don't you head down to the pub with lucky-colm?

Em, I believe I understand basic maths, congrats on the 65,000, I hope you use it wisely to be fly as a certain Notorious rapper once wisely said.
    May I recommend you study the song Hypnotize by Notorious B.I.G. you will see that the both of you have something in common minus of course the fact he WAS 100000% times richer and more awesome than you.

Oh wow, Does your business involve selling high horses, You need to get off of yours and go over to the financial forum.

seems to me that you started a thread to have a laugh at us people left working and paying your dole and now you are not happy with it cos it now makes you feel miserable and worthless boo hoo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 icanchange49

easyeason3 wrote: »
    Oh how I wish I had a job so I could pour scorn all over you & your shoe :mad:

* shakes fist at OP*

and if i did have a job i'd take a few days off!

Pubs closed already?

Wertz wrote: »
    I believe we were attempting to make some snide remarks re: Michael Jackson fans before we were so rudely interupted...

Hey, just Beat it. We dont want your Micheal Jackson jokes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

Loved the way m3llow seized the moment though!!
    Bet he's never waiting for the second taxi after Supermacs!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement