Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your Views On The BNP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

RaverRo808 wrote: »
    No your not getting me,I dont recognise the Irish Defence forces as the official army to represent Ireland,therefore I dont hold any regard for them or what they do,If they were any sort of Irish army they would have been up North during the troubles when the British Army,RUC and Loyalist militias were burning fellow Irish people from their homes and interning them without trial,instead they sat there and watched,the IRA is Ireland real army in my view,this state and its army may fly the flag,but that doesnt mean they represent it

You mean that the Irish Defence forces should have invaded the UK, thereby declaring war? You like the idea of tanks on O'Connell street then do you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭RaverRo808

O'Coonassa wrote: »
    But this gets more confusing. The nation you claim to belong most certainly supports its armed forces and the flag they fly. You appear to be claiming that the majority of your nation are actually somehow fake and that you are the genuine article. Given this dichotomy surely you can begin to see that nationalism is mere made up nonsense.

I personally dont have any time or recognition for this state or its army,I think if you asked most people nowadays of what they about this state at present they'd tell you its a scambles,and the defence force,what do we need them for,we are a tiny island nation of 5 to 6 million people,who are firmly neutral what do we need them for?

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    You mean that the Irish Defence forces should have invaded the UK, thereby declaring war? You like the idea of tanks on O'Connell street then do you?

No they should have defended the North of Ireland,and I dont like the idea of tanks on O'Connel Street as much as dislike the idea of armoured cars,jeeps and army helicopters on the streets of Antrim,Down,Derry,Tyrone,Armagh and Fermanagh

I personally dont have any time or recognition for this state or its army,I think if you asked most people nowadays of what they about this state at present they'd tell you its a scambles,and the defence force,what do we need them for,we are a tiny island nation of 5 to 6 million people,who are firmly neutral what do we need them for?

In case we get invaded, for national emergencies and for peace keeping missions

In case we get invaded, for national emergencies and for peace keeping missions

We were invaded and are currently still militarily occupied by the British army and its imposed security services,and why werent the 'Irish army' deployed to keep the peace when the people of the six counties were under the threat of genocide by British forces and Loyalist pograms???

• Advertisement

We were invaded and are currently still militarily occupied by the British army and its imposed security services,and why werent the 'Irish army' deployed to keep the peace when the people of the six counties were under the threat of genocide by British forces and Loyalist pograms???

The 6 counties are part of the UK, the Republic of Ireland is not militarily occupied. And the Irish army weren't deployed to the north because that would have been an invasion of the UK and an act of war. Legally there is no difference between the Irish army going into Belfast and going into London

The 6 counties are part of the UK, the Republic of Ireland is not militarily occupied. And the Irish army weren't deployed to the north because that would have been an invasion of the UK and an act of war. Legally there is no difference between the Irish army going into Belfast and going into London

Does it bother you that fellow Irishman,who live 3 or hours up the road from you,are living under British rule,and that these same fellow Irishmen have had to endure the indiginity of been treated as second class citizens in the country they belong and of their birth,that they have had to endure,patrols on their streets by a foreign army,being interned unjustly purely for being nationalist and catholic by a British police force,have Loyalist mobs backed by the RUC burn their homes out,have their children forced to go to school being called 'taigs','fenians',and all manner of sectarian slurs,by hordes of facist thugs,and I assume you call youself Irish,does it not touch a nerve that your country is split in two,partly occupied by a foreign power,is there any patriotism in you at all that this makes your blood boil just a little???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭O'Coonassa

I personally dont have any time or recognition for this state

How then can you claim to be an Irish Nationalist when the vast majority of the Irish collective do give allegiance to their national state?

O'Coonassa wrote: »
    How then can you claim to be an Irish Nationalist when the vast majority of the Irish collective do give allegiance to their national state?

Im an Irish republican and would be slightly on the left,Ive no time for nationalism
    ,and Id say its more a case of the vast majority do not care about the state nevermind giving it allegiance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

BNP

• Advertisement

Does it bother you that fellow Irishman,who live 3 or hours up the road from you,are living under British rule,
    nope
    and that these same fellow Irishmen have had to endure the indiginity of been treated as second class citizens in the country they belong and of their birth,that they have had to endure,patrols on their streets by a foreign army,being interned unjustly purely for being nationalist and catholic by a British police force,have Loyalist mobs backed by the RUC burn their homes out,have their children forced to go to school being called 'taigs','fenians',and all manner of sectarian slurs,by hordes of facist thugs,
    That bothers me a little but that doesn't happen anymore and it's not a justification for starting a war against the UK which we would be guaranteed to lose
    and I assume you call youself Irish,does it not touch a nerve that your country is split in two,partly occupied by a foreign power,
    nope
    is there any patriotism in you at all that this makes your blood boil just a little???
    Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it.

I think the world would be better off without it

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

BNP

BNP

BNP

BNP

BNP

BNP

BNP

BNP

BNP

• Advertisement

BNP

BNP

BNP

BNP

BNP

BNP

BNP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

javaboy wrote: »
    BNP

Please type a bit slower, I can't read that quickly!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭O'Coonassa

Ive no time for nationalism

Me neither, that's why I don't like the BNP or people like that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

javaboy wrote: »
    BNP

BNP?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement