Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scumbags - This time a little TOO close to home

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Squiggle

Padraic Nally tbh

Don't make the same mistake that Padraig Nally made ............. make sure to get a clean kill with the first shot - much easier defence case imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Maddison wrote: »
    Why the hell would they leave laptops etc.....If I was a burglar, Id ensure to take everything I could to make the break in worthwhile(not that I ever would ;) )

Not to freak you out or anything but they could have been checking the place out to see if there was anything decent and then plan to come back when they have more time, like if your dad was gone out for the day or something.

I hate scumbags :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Maddison

cosmic wrote: »
    Not to freak you out or anything but they could have been checking the place out to see if there was anything decent and then plan to come back when they have more time, like if your dad was gone out for the day or something.

I hate scumbags :mad:

The family are thinking it has to be someone that knows us as my brothers car was also parked on the drive as its brokedown & he was at work....so they would have known that...and then the dog not making a sound....strange!!But why didnt they take the laptops which would have been a lot more compact than a huge painting!!!

best thing for your guard dogs, is never let any one meet them. Since mine were pups, the only people they know are us. I never let anyone in the back garden with them, so to them everyone is a stranger.
    Youd have to kill them to get by them.
    Great deterent, since we cant offically protect our homes in this crazy world.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭bookerboy

Deffo Fianna Fail.Probably just checking to see what you have that they could tax you on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Jigsaw

Shame you couldn't have blown them back out into the middle of the road with a pump action shotgun where a bus or lorry would drive over their heads. Really is a shame.

Jake1 wrote: »
    best thing for your guard dogs, is never let any one meet them. Since mine were pups, the only people they know are us. I never let anyone in the back garden with them, so to them everyone is a stranger.
    Youd have to kill them to get by them.
    Great deterent, since we cant offically protect our homes in this crazy world.

I have two Rotties myself at home & I remember one night my ex was sitting in the living room & could see our 11 stone male stalking under the wall.....some gobsh*te skangers were on top of our back wall so the ex shouted out to him....''if your planning on climbing over that wall Id ring an ambulance in advance cause you wont be climbing out with your legs'' the lad looked down & even in the dark he said his face went chalk. LOL gobeens! Even then our dog is okay if your coming through the patio doors but god help anyone over that back wall that gets notions in their heads!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Ye see this is what scares me. I'm young (22) and am home mostly all day everyday alone with my 5 month old daughter and my ferocious (yeah right...) miniature jack russell when my boyfriend is in work. If I'm in the kitchen or upstairs I don't hear the door knock and I'd be absolutely terrified if that happened to me... Don't know what I'd do if I was in the OP's situation. Probably just would have let them take what they wanted...

I would say that in 99% of cases like this, they would run as soon as they saw someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭ART6

Many years ago in my childhood we had a big golden retriever who spent most of his time wandering around the back yard that was closed off by a full sized fully boarded gate. Came the day when two guys decided to slip through the gate to case the joint. Mr. Dog let them in, wagging tail in welcome. Caution overcoming valour they turned to leave, but Dog decided that was not going to happen. He planted himself in front of the gate and prepared himself for a meal. My dad, who was never the most friendly of men, heard the noise and things from my perspective then got really interesting. No cops needed, but a very bruised couple of scumbags left the site with torn trousers and bite marks in delicate places:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

A break in where you don't know the motive is the creepiest, had an uncle broken into and the only thing disturbed\removed was a cartload of bank and personal related paperwork, nothing else.

Amalgam wrote: »
    A break in where you don't know the motive is the creepiest, had an uncle broken into and the only thing disturbed\removed was a cartload of bank and personal related paperwork, nothing else.

But thats the thing.....they opened post but all were put back in the envelopes....so odd they didnt steal something decent that they could sell....like another poster said lol a half bottle of Joop!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

my first cousin ( a girl ) was tied up while 2 cnuts with balaclavas raided the house clean, they put a knife to her throat too during telling her to be quiet

lots of robberies have been happening lately in the carlow/kilkenny area, even a hotel was held up and robbed 3 days ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

the_syco wrote: »
    I'd say having a chainsaw would deter the screwdriver salesmen... :cool:

That only works if you are completely naked bar white runners and have you hair gelled back

• Registered Users Posts: 10,511 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Maddison wrote: »
    Dublin 9 area-my dads house was only broken into on Friday....funnily enough my dad had just popped out to the gym....burglars went through back garden & past his german shepherd(who normally barks like a demon dog but she never made a whimper)Opened post, took everything out of drawers & left the place in a shambles....had rifled through my sisters jewellery box(which had expensive items in it)but never took a thing....they left laptops,dvd players & other more valuable items. The stole two huge paintings which are worthless, a half bottle of Joop, 60Euro & a bottle of Farenheit...
    Why the hell would they leave laptops etc.....If I was a burglar, Id ensure to take everything I could to make the break in worthwhile(not that I ever would ;) )

Maybe they are trying to look and feel less scummy.

My own house was broken into 2 years ago and all they took was a carton of milk. It got them caught too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

you live near snyper do you?

Nope,the friend would be too old for his tastes.Or so iam told.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

scum bags are a good 40 mins drive at least:rolleyes:

25 minutes in a stolen BMW. Don't be too complacent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭5318008!

Sounds like your neighbourhood is screwed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

Gazza22 wrote: »
    I just wish these people would just do us all a favour and die. They have no shame. Anybody ever have a similar experience to this? :mad:

I had a similar experience living at the top floor of a 4 storey house in Rathmines about 5 years ago. My 2 polish neighbours, from the flat next door, were in with me because they needed help with their tax documents for work.

There had been similar break ins before in our house, with scumbags getting in the main door, and trying different flats. We heard knocking on doors on the floor below us, and occasional voices, where thay had obviously disturbed neighbours with, "Oh Sorry does John live here??" when they answered, so I told the lads to be quiet, and we waited.

There was a knock on my door....... and another......and another, and then the door came in.

It's amazing just how many bones a person can break, falling down 4 flights of a metal staircase :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

i can imagine the scumbag wacking away at the door and then bursting thru with the screwdriver in his hand and a crazy look in his eyes..."Herrrreess JOHNNO!!'

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

dsmythy wrote: »
    Maybe they are trying to look and feel less scummy.

My own house was broken into 2 years ago and all they took was a carton of milk. It got them caught too :D

did they have a milk moustache when the gardai found them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭5318008!

marcsignal wrote: »

It's amazing just how many bones a person can break, falling down 4 flights of a metal staircase :)

It's also amazing that in stories like yours the scumbags never seek revenge :rolleyes:.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Cue the drunk ambling over,undoing his jocks and he goes on to slip his penis into the car through the open window.

No doubt a lot of screams and throttle action.

He's harmless but rotten,like the day he whack one out in a cafe all over the floor and just got up and left.

Up would have went the window.

Down with that sort of thing.
    The stole two huge paintings which are worthless, a half bottle of Joop, 60Euro & a bottle of Farenheit...

Thes Anto's must have been 'Antoinettes'. Or an influx of gay burglars are taking D9 by storm...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

5318008! wrote: »
    It's also amazing that in stories like yours the scumbags never seek revenge :rolleyes:.

yeah, it's a phenonemon called "once bitten twice shy" :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭The Citizen

I feel your pain OP. The scum are showing no sign of stopping their quest anytime soon and they are becoming increasingly brazen in their attacks.

I was faced with a similar situation many years ago. As I made my way home I noticed some scum hanging around my house. Using my stealth powers, I hid in a nearby tree and observed the scum. The scum tried to access my premises by using a ladder, but unlucky for them a cop car was passing at the same time. The cops parked up, and got out of the car. The scum's plan was quickly identified by the cops, and I emerged from the shadows to confirm that they were attempting to break and enter.

I have since moved away from that particular part of the city, but rest assured, my new place of residence is a modern day Fort Knox. I have installed state of the art security features, and with those combined to a high speed direct line to the cops, any future plans of invasion by the scum will not stand a chance.

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

The Citizen Returns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

I feel your pain OP. The scum are showing no sign of stopping their quest anytime soon and they are becoming increasingly brazen in their attacks.

I was faced with a similar situation many years ago. As I made my way home I noticed some scum hanging around my house. Using my stealth powers, I hid in a nearby tree and observed the scum. The scum tried to access my premises by using a ladder, but unlucky for them a cop car was passing at the same time. The cops parked up, and got out of the car. The scum's plan was quickly identified by the cops, and I emerged from the shadows to confirm that they were attempting to break and enter.

I have since moved away from that particular part of the city, but rest assured, my new place of residence is a modern day Fort Knox. I have installed state of the art security features, and with those combined to a high speed direct line to the cops, any future plans of invasion by the scum will not stand a chance.

No citizen arrest this time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

segaBOY wrote: »
    Just waiting for the PC but they're from a lower socio economic background...not their fault comment....

...puts on kettle

or calls 'em the salt of the earth

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭salonfire

I once hid in a tree - does that mean I can claim to have stealth powers too??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Gazza22

salonfire wrote: »
    I once hid in a tree - does that mean I can claim to have stealth powers too??

No that was just being a pervert

Advertisement