Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scumbags - This time a little TOO close to home

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

I hate when people don't answer the door

• Registered Users Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Nehaxak wrote: »
    Would've been easier, quicker and a lot cheaper just to call the Garda tbh.

A quick Garda is an oxymoron.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭994

Stekelly wrote: »
    In future answer your door when it rings. Just make sure your always chaopping up something big in the kithen and happen to walk to the door with a big butchers knife in your hand. You'll find the rate of scumbags knocking on your door to break in falls sharply........

How about hanging a bloodstained Fila tracksuit in your garden, as a warning to the others?

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Palmy

If it was my place i know where that screw driver would of gone!!!!Been a few places broken into in my area and i would say i am well prepared.Anyone coming into my place won't be leaving in one piece.Had happened to me one time before and lets say if you catch them and ruff them up the guards won't bat an ye lid,Sumbags

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Dennis the Stone

The wallet inspector is doing the rounds around Dublin as well, I got caught out the other day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

Yeah it's been happening around my area a lot lately too, watch out for travellers who are looking to "power hose your patio" etc.

Scum were calling to old people around my area with a 'power hose service' recently. They'd do a quick job and then decide to charge by the litre of water used. Jesus, can you believe these pricks.

Stating the obvious here, but recessions bring higher rates of burgarlies and scams like above.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,421 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I suggest investing in a pig farm. Not the cop kind :)
    You then have somewhere to dispose of said scumbags.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I'd say having a chainsaw would deter the screwdriver salesmen... :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

jaysus

one of the reasons id never move to the smoke

where i live i could leave my car unlocked all night and you can hear nothing outside

scum bags are a good 40 mins drive at least:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

Gazza22 wrote: »
    i was in my bare feet
    Better than being caught with your pants down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

jaysus

one of the reasons id never move to the smoke

where i live i could leave my car unlocked all night and you can hear nothing outside

scum bags are a good 40 mins drive at least:rolleyes:

And where is it you live again? I'm cleaning patios at a very competative price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Gazza22

Ro: maaan! wrote: »
    Better than being caught with your pants down.

haha if all i had on was a pair of runners i would have still went after them, the stones were hurting my feet

Could probably have made the evening news :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,372 ✭✭✭randombar

I reckon a well trained dog is best.

The anto's seem to be scared sh1tless of some of em and the dogs like the taste of anto's it's a win win situation!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

OP, you're not polish are you?

too harsh?

Sorry to hear what happened you. The dirty little bastards.

Last week, I was watching tele, daytime, when I saw a dude come into the garden, leaflet distribution, but when he put the leaflet in, he then walked over to my window and looked in. My bleedin heart stopped.
    But I did open door and go out to him, he was in next doors garden by then, I just said to him what were you doing? he just kind of pointed to leaflets, and muttered something. I just told him, dont fcuking look in my window again, then I went out back and got my german shepards barking, just letting him know.

This was in lucan, and the guy was delivering leaflets for DreamGarden.ie

I was scared ****less though :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭Mr.Lizard

We had a security camera at my aulds place clear as day to anyone who comes within 4 feet of the foont door. Really helped cut down on the amount of undesirables coming to the door in the first place

In particular I remember there used to be this 'family' of beggers calling round weekly like clockwork looking for their Friday handouts. The ma would foolishly give them a bit and they'd go away. However with the camera was still a novelty we'd flick to it on my tv any time the bell rang. One time sure enough it was the knacks round looking for their handout. We could now see them outside looking up at the camera and pointing at it so they'd clearly spotted what it was. After that incident they never called back to my house and neither did any other travellers for that matter. I guess the travelling community must be camera shy?

Same story across the board too so I guess the bashfulness was contagious? From unsolicted salesmen and tradesmen, to scobe's offering to cut the lawn. They just all disappeared. Great stuff!

Security cameras. Your best friend!

A couple of years ago my parent's house in the countryside was burgled. The day before a couple of travellers were going house to house knocking on doors - I can't remember the excuse. A neighbour who was at home told them to get out of the village and not come back. They came back the next day and he chased them up the road but unfortunately just as far as our house.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Squiggle

I live in the country and rarely if ever lock the door during the day. I find leaving Archie in the hall is an effective deterrent to intruders :pac:. I've had no politicians call to the door either !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭WillieCocker

Ow.
    DIrty scumbags.
    Glad you scared em off OP.

Could have been worse mind.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

Mr.Lizard wrote: »
    I guess the travelling community must be camera shy?

It steals their souls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭johnny_knoxvile

Caoimhín wrote: »
    It steals their souls.

so its useless against politicians?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Gazza22 wrote: »
    was only home after an exam at approx. 12 o'clock today and went upstairs to chill.
    five knuckle chillin by any chance? :D
    Its when the friend was driving past,slow pace in the built up traffic,he had his window down about half way.Cue the drunk ambling over,undoing his jocks and he goes on to slip his penis into the car through the open window.
    you live near snyper do you?
    Squiggle wrote: »
    I live in the country and rarely if ever lock the door during the day. I find leaving Archie in the hall is an effective deterrent to intruders :pac:. I've had no politicians call to the door either !
    Archie looks like a great dog.

Ours barks at anything that walks past and goes mental if anyone knocks at the front door. I reckon that is the best deterrent for this *****. the fact that she would run a mile if anyone did actually break in is neither here nor there, the barking should work.

you could set up some sortr of one way door, where scumbags who break in end up in a trap. just them and your pair of hungry Bull Mastiffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Maddison

Dublin 9 area-my dads house was only broken into on Friday....funnily enough my dad had just popped out to the gym....burglars went through back garden & past his german shepherd(who normally barks like a demon dog but she never made a whimper)Opened post, took everything out of drawers & left the place in a shambles....had rifled through my sisters jewellery box(which had expensive items in it)but never took a thing....they left laptops,dvd players & other more valuable items. The stole two huge paintings which are worthless, a half bottle of Joop, 60Euro & a bottle of Farenheit...
    Why the hell would they leave laptops etc.....If I was a burglar, Id ensure to take everything I could to make the break in worthwhile(not that I ever would ;) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭segaBOY

Maddison wrote: »
    Dublin 9 area-my dads house was only broken into on Friday....funnily enough my dad had just popped out to the gym....burglars went through back garden & past his german shepherd(who normally barks like a demon dog but she never made a whimper)Opened post, took everything out of drawers & left the place in a shambles....had rifled through my sisters jewellery box(which had expensive items in it)but never took a thing....they left laptops,dvd players & other more valuable items. The stole two huge paintings which are worthless, a half bottle of Joop, 60Euro & a bottle of Farenheit...
    Why the hell would they leave laptops etc.....If I was a burglar, Id ensure to take everything I could to make the break in worthwhile(not that I ever would ;) )

Half a bottle of Joop lol

Maddison wrote: »
    who normally barks like a demon dog but she never made a whimper
    So the dog knew them, then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Ye see this is what scares me. I'm young (22) and am home mostly all day everyday alone with my 5 month old daughter and my ferocious (yeah right...) miniature jack russell when my boyfriend is in work. If I'm in the kitchen or upstairs I don't hear the door knock and I'd be absolutely terrified if that happened to me... Don't know what I'd do if I was in the OP's situation. Probably just would have let them take what they wanted...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭José Alaninho

Padraic Nally tbh

(too far?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 odonogar

Similar thing happened to me bout two years ago - was typing an essay in my room during the day and heard the door bell ring - didn't bother answering it as wasn't expecting anyone. Two minutes later come downstairs and see a bit of plastic sliding on the side of the front door and then door flys open. Run over to the door and see this scumbag, clearly shocked to see me. Ask him what the f*ck he's doing and he tells me he's 'looking for gerald'! End up chasing him away and telling him never to come back, calling the gardai etc.

Called the gardai but they weren't overly interested, just told me to call a locksmith and get a better lock. Got the locksmith to call over and he said that a lot of breaks in were happening in the area (Ranelagh). He put a lot of nails beside the door lock as it stops scumbags clicking the door open.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭genericguy

Ross_Mahon wrote: »
    Happened to an old woman around the corner, Anto broke in to find a fat lady rugby tackling him to the ground, She jumped on top of him and rang the feds, You wouldn't get up after her sitting on ya, Shes the size of an elephant.

I know our gardai arent great, but surely they'd get to her quicker than the feds?

• Advertisement

genericguy wrote: »
    I know our gardai arent great, but surely they'd get to her quicker than the feds?
    No, they'd be quicker. THe Gardai would come over for a cuppa tea, and you'd never hear from them again...

Advertisement