Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I don't want to keep harping on about this but Izzy doesn't have the sole rights to the baby ffs! She's had as much imput into the child's appearance on the planet as he's had (granted a bit more complicated at the beginning with injections and all) but why doesn't Gary just go on in to see the wee fella and tell her to shut the fuk up? Why has no one said this to her??

It's pure stupid Tina breastfeeding....maybe she's expressing so maybe I'm wrong but by rights she shouldn't be involved at all with the baby now...she shouldn't be sitting by his incubator!! It's madness...it'll be impossible not to get attached. Has Izzy no brain at all??????????????:confused: Can she not see Tina getting involved????? Stupid, stupid, stupid.

The CHEEK of Katy inviting herself into Michelle's flat! It's not even Ryan's! The shame of it!! Gawd!!! She's only with him a wet week:o! Surely they haven't formed that strong a relationship to deal with a baby yet? I'd be embarrassed bringing my little red cheeked smelly baby in with me for cup of tea never mind changing his ****ty nappies all over the sofa 2 feet from the breakfast bar in a tiny airless windowless room:D fcuuuuk!..Ryan's sleeping on the floor too:confused:....and she is such a moaner! There they are humping the cot over the road and here comes cheerful Chesney to add to the misery:(...I'd say Ryan is secretly dying inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

Ann22 wrote: »
    I don't want to keep harping on about this but Izzy doesn't have the sole rights to the baby ffs! She's had as much imput into the child's appearance on the planet as he's had (granted a bit more complicated at the beginning with injections and all) but why doesn't Gary just go on in to see the wee fella and tell her to shut the fuk up? Why has no one said this to her??

It's pure stupid Tina breastfeeding....maybe she's expressing so maybe I'm wrong but by rights she shouldn't be involved at all with the baby now...she shouldn't be sitting by his incubator!! It's madness...it'll be impossible not to get attached. Has Izzy no brain at all??????????????:confused: Can she not see Tina getting involved????? Stupid, stupid, stupid.

The CHEEK of Katy inviting herself into Michelle's flat! It's not even Ryan's! The shame of it!! Gawd!!! She's only with him a wet week:o! Surely they haven't formed that strong a relationship to deal with a baby yet? I'd be embarrassed bringing my little red cheeked smelly baby in with me for cup of tea never mind changing his ****ty nappies all over the sofa 2 feet from the breakfast bar in a tiny airless windowless room:D fcuuuuk!..Ryan's sleeping on the floor too:confused:....and she is such a moaner! There they are humping the cot over the road and here comes cheerful Chesney to add to the misery:(...I'd say Ryan is secretly dying inside.

Great post. Everything bang on! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭deedeemac12

Yes I am also bored of the Gareh, Izzeh, Tineh stuff. Katey and Joseph moving in on Michelle, ugh. Wish Carla would call the cops, would like to see Tracey in cuffs. Plz no more Windass/Armstrong/Price family stuff, need a break, seems at time the writers have forgotten there are other residence on the street.
    I missed the episode where Tina had the baby, don't think I'm going to bother watching it because I have had my fill of Izzy/Gary.

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭Aseth

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

I would like to see her as landlady of the rovers again and her and Steve behind the bar would be good

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Aseth wrote: »

Move over Stella, theres a new sheriff in town.
    Corrie favourite Beverley Callard will return to Weatherfield this autumn, 24 years after she first graced our screens as Liz McDonald.

Bev will don the famous stillettos of Liz McDonald once more to create chaos on the cobbles and sort out her hapless son Steve.

She will be back on screen this October, two and a half years after Liz left the street. She flitted off to Spain to stay with son Andy after Jim was sent back to prison for his bungled robbery attempt.

Later this year Steve and girlfriend Michelle will face a crisis and Steve turns to his mum for help. But how will Michelle react when she realises Liz is back in Weatherfield?

Coronation Street producer Stuart Blackburn said: “I'm truly thrilled to welcome Bev back to the street, she's a fantastic actor and Liz McDonald is a truly wonderful character. It won’t come as any surprise to learn that her return is sure to ruffle more than a few feathers - welcome home Liz!”

Beverley Callard said: “I am coming home and I can’t wait. I am so excited to be back, I have missed Liz so it will be great to play her again. Hopefully her skirts will have a got a little bit longer but we will see!"

"I have been getting texts from Simon (who plays Steve) saying we are going to rock the place and can’t wait to work with Kym (who plays Michelle) again and see if we can control the giggles.”

Liz McDonald was first seen on our screens in 1989, when she arrived in Weatherfield with ex-squaddie husband Jim and twins Steve and Andy.

A classic Corrie matriarch, Liz's colourful love life and many problems with her errant sons soon made her a firm favourite with viewers. Over the years she's had various jobs on the street, including barmaid and landlady of the Rovers and working in the bookies.

I thought Michelle and Liz always got on really well. It was only when Steve chose Becky over Michelle that a rift formed between him and his mum. SO why would Michelle be concerned that Liz is here to stay?

Or is that all something we are meant to forget?

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭lisaj

I wonder will the bring back Andy too? He's way too normal though.

Nice to see Fizz and Tyrone visiting Tina..never noticed them being particularly pally before. Poor Tina doesn't have a lot of close supportive friends apart from Tommy and Rita.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,102 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Does Tina have any siblings or where is her mother?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Dodd

Ann22 wrote: »
    Nice to see Fizz and Tyrone visiting Tina..never noticed them being particularly pally before. Poor Tina doesn't have a lot of close supportive friends apart from Tommy and Rita.

Tina was there for them to get back together and loaned them her flat.;)

• Advertisement

Tina has a point there.......that little precious mite's life is hanging in the balance. Surely the more folk around him that love him the better:confused:. Doesn't matter if Gary's rid half the country, he's the dad and he cares about the poor wee thing. Tina's in an awful situation there:(. Fcukn hell, she should've put a bit more thought into this surrogacy. Handing over a baby you've carried, delivered and nurtured to a pair of dweebs:( (I made that word up specially for them:)).

I read this thread but don't post.

Here is a few things.
    I was going to post the other day about the Izzy not letting Garry see the baby.....It is not Their baby until Tina sings it over.
    She has no say what so ever until then.
    If Tina did not sign the baby over there would be a court case and dna to go through.

There is no reason Tina could not use a breast pump(as far as I know) and let Izzy feed the baby which would make sense in this case in order to bond the baby with the new Mum.

Dodd wrote: »
    Tina was there for them to get back together and loaned them her flat.;)

Doh! How did i forget that? I was racking my brains to think of past connections.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Yup izzy would want to cop on
    Tina is the legal mother
    It's a very messy situation for all concerned

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭jimmyw

https://www.gov.uk/rights-for-surrogate-mothers

See look at all the research I do for you people, and am I appreciated?........Pfft

not a jot.:D

I would have thought that Tina would not have a say on who should/should not have any access to the child because she is not the biological mother, but I would be wrong.But was it illegal for Tina to be paid though?

jimmyw wrote: »
    https://www.gov.uk/rights-for-surrogate-mothers

See look at all the research I do for you people, and am I appreciated?........Pfft

not a jot.:D

I would have thought that Tina would not have a say on who should/should not have any access to the child because she is not the biological mother, but I would be wrong.But was it illegal for Tina to be paid though?

It is illegal to get paid but not for expenses to be paid.Now that can include anything.That is why she has a rent free flat from Owen.

At the moment I would like to see the child leave the hospital with Tina than Garry or Iizzy.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

There is no reason Tina could not use a breast pump(as far as I know)

There is. Breastmilk production is stimulated by the baby suckling in a way that can't be replicated by a pump. If Tina relied on a pump to produce milk there is a very strong chance that her supply would crash. There is also an emerging medical theory that in cases of infection in the baby, by suckling the baby passes the germs to the mother, who's mature immune system produces the specific antibodies for that infection then passes them back to the baby in her milk.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

iguana wrote: »
    There is. Breastmilk production is stimulated by the baby suckling in a way that can't be replicated by a pump. If Tina relied on a pump to produce milk there is a very strong chance that her supply would crash. There is also an emerging medical theory that in cases of infection in the baby, by suckling the baby passes the germs to the mother, who's mature immune system produces the specific antibodies for that infection then passes them back to the baby in her milk.

As far as i know she is using a pump. And then they are feeding the baby with a bottle. It's easier for the baby to feed from a bottle especially if the baby is sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Does Tina have any siblings or where is her mother?

Anna Mcintyre,

Only starred once to give out to Tina for going out with David.

Since Joe kicked the bucket there's been no real mention of her.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

A premie baby should not be fed from a bottle as the ease of feeding can result in them taking in way too much and damaging their stomachs. A term infant only needs a few drops of milk every few hours, a premie even less. If they can't suckle effectively and are losing too much weight, they should be allowed to suckle as much as they can at the breast and then supplement with a dropper or by cup feeds. The breastmilk adjusts it's nutritional content based on the frequency of the baby's suckle as it changes composition to meet demand. The main reason for the mother to pump in addition to suckling is to maintain supply if the baby is too weak to stimulate it properly. If Tina is exclusively pumping, that's understandable in a donor case but from a case of the biology of breastfeeding, her feeding herself would be better and if the mother and surrogate could manage to put their feelings aside it would be of greater benefit to what is a very sick baby.

iguana wrote: »

I had to express milk for my son when he was in an incubator (only on a drip and uv lights..not a life support system) and to avoid him becoming too used to a bottle teat, he was 'cup fed'...it was the cutest thing to watch. He lapped at the cup like a little kitten. My friend had twins and she had to express for them when they were in an cubator too. This was 13yrs ago though so maybe times have changed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

annapanna wrote: »
    It's not on tonight

It was still 5 nights of corrie. Thats rare enough its a pity they didnt make more out of it. They have been teasing this rob/carla thing all week. Can we hope that tracey is going to the slammer?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

At the moment I would like to see the child leave the hospital with Tina than Garry or Iizzy.

Tommy tells Tina that if she wants to keep the baby he will stand by her.
    I really hope they get back together.

Ha Ha Ha.....and now we have a very bored Ryan!

What'll happen now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

Why is Tina still in hospital. She gave birth on Monday,there is no need to be still in there 4 days later.

if you give birth here before 12pm you go home the same day providing there was no complications. Apart from the baby being premature did she have any other complications?

Karen23 wrote: »
    Why is Tina still in hospital. She gave birth on Monday,there is no need to be still in there 4 days later.

if you give birth here before 12pm you go home the same day providing there was no complications. Apart from the baby being premature did she have any other complications?

Home the same day? :eek: Is that Dublin?
    My daughter had her little fella on a Sunday and they kept her in until Thursday morning (full term, no complications)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

I was thinking that too.....she would be gone home by now...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭jimmyw

That Tracy is some selfish cow, she used Amy as an excuse to not send her to prison.Is she forgetting that she has a father and grandparent(s) (depending on if Bill Roache gets sent down:p), so its not like she will have no no one to care for her.She would do/say anything to get out of trouble.

How can you just set up a rival factory/business just like that? (as Tommy Cooper says).

• Advertisement

Karen23 wrote: »

The writers are waiting for one of the regulars here to write the script for what happens when she leave the hospital.:)

I'm not expert but 4 days for the first child would be normal to me.(My kids are adults now so all may have changed.)

If it was the 4th and the person was not small then it could be the same day.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement