Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

highly1111 wrote: »
    Rita gave it to Stella the other day saying that she had managed to get a copy reprinted and framed.

Is there a Harvey Normans in weatherfield?

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭buttercups88

Baby's name is Jake

• Registered Users Posts: 17,815 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Prediction: everyone will call him 'Jak-eh'

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Jack no?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Acting wise I think izzy and Tina stole that episode

And in her own special way, Sally too (with her bald mates)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Chucken wrote: »
    I forgot about poor Chesney :pac:

Gawd, the "party" was fair depressing :D

Cant blame Sally for hittin' the vino!

Sally plays a good drunk, laughed at her calling Norris a "nasty little bald elf".
    Ann22 wrote: »
    Rita had a copy of it, she said the other night to Stella that she had it done down in the shopping centre. The way Stella went 'Aw' in a sentimental tone. Don't think she would've known Betty very well.

They never appeared on screen together, so no she never really knew her, doesn't matter, if Stella had only met her for 5 mins it's be "eehhh I fell like I've known arr Betty all me life". Probably chief mourner at her funeral.
    doovdela wrote: »
    Jack no?

Kevin's bay-beh is called jack so that'd rreally ad to the confusion.
    gubbie wrote: »
    Acting wise I think izzy and Tina stole that episode

And in her own special way, Sally too (with her bald mates)

Yeah, Tina was excellent tonight.

What a sap Karl was for going around to Dev, he was riding his missus and had his shoes up on Dev's couch reading the Racing Post not that long ago. I would have punched his bloody lights out if I were Dev. karl might be feeling some sort of pangs of guilt.

Rovers party was odd. Gloria reading the paper at the bar, no Dreary, no Sean, no Emil, no Gail or Audrey.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭mb1725

..................... no Kev, no Ken making a speech! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭jenny wren 1950

Izzy looks soooo ugly when she cries :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

fyp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Prediction: everyone will call him 'Jak-eh'

No, but they will find a way to say jake, a one syllable word in such a way that it sounds like 2 or more syllables.
    Sally plays a good drunk, laughed at her calling Norris a "nasty little bald elf".

I laughed more when she said "Oh Steve, your sooo nice. A nice bald elf"

Ann22, We will have to agree to disagree about kat-eh.

I can see her and Ryan last about two weeks more before she gets turfed out. Getting your way with the fine thing that is Katie is one thing, but from Ryans point of view, dirty nappies, and a crying baby was never a part of the plan. She'll be back with Ches in no time. Assuming he has not had his head turned by Sinead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,428 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Chucken wrote: »
    Speaking of Gareh and Izzeh's bebeh (:D)...any ideas for a name for him?

Chucky :P

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

syklops wrote: »
    No, but they will find a way to say jake, a one syllable word in such a way that it sounds like 2 or more syllables.

Listen to Fizz talk, and you'll get it. Jay-ukk.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

To be fair, nobody's cry face is too attractive!

I think her eyes look particularly crazy when she's crying though, so that doesn't help!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

izzy is just being pathetic and is really gettin under my skin!!! sayin if she has to raise the baby on her own thats what she''l do, she's going on like gary doesnt want anything to do with the child,also if she told me i couldnt see my child that was a new born and sick ,id tell her to fcuk right off!!!!:mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭buttercups88

when izzy fell pregnant didnt she say that she had never really thought about having kids... n now tonight she said they're all she's ever wanted?

i might be imagining things though

Gary and Anna should have gone to see the baby :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Hope Tommy and Tina get back together.....

. (AND FFS CORRIE WRITERS PLEASE LET THEM STAY TOGETHER!!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Tina's leaving though so if they do get back together, it won't be for long.

I wonder who Sally will pounce on first Dev or Steve :P the writers should have her drunk constantly as she is way more likeable and funny

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

LizT wrote: »
    Tina's leaving though so if they do get back together, it won't be for long.

Think she's there for another year though. That's long for a soap romance.

• Advertisement

IS anyone else bored of the Gareh, Izzeh, Tineh thing? For a week of episodes at 9 O'Clock you would need Gareh to be a serial killer or something, not someone who made a pass at someone when hammered. At the end of the last two episoes has been a preview for the next episode, and its all drama drama when in reality not a whole lot is going to happen. The Carla and Rob thing is a welcome restbite. I wonder what Carla will do, but whatever it is, it wont warrant being on at 9 o'clock.

Is the move just because of Britains Got Talent? Why can they not leave it in one place? They moved the Apprentice aswell so I only got to see the last 10 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

IS anyone else bored of the Gareh, Izzeh, Tineh thing? For a week of episodes at 9 O'Clock you would need Gareh to be a serial killer or something, not someone who made a pass at someone when hammered. At the end of the last two episoes has been a preview for the next episode, and its all drama drama when in reality not a whole lot is going to happen. The Carla and Rob thing is a welcome restbite. I wonder what Carla will do, but whatever it is, it wont warrant being on at 9 o'clock.

Is the move just because of Britains Got Talent? Why can they not leave it in one place? They moved the Apprentice aswell so I only got to see the last 10 minutes.

Think it's only for bgt. Did it last year as well, but thought they usually use the later slot for more dramatic scenes, wasted opportunity. Cannot stand Izzy at the moment. Don't like her at the best of times but it's totally ridiculous her banning Gary from seeing their very sick baby. Worst crier on tv ever, she screws her face up and looks like she's about to wee herself trying to get the tears flowing. Not an easy character to have any empathy for.

The first few times I saw BGT referenced I thought, "Bi, gay, transgender... ? What happened to lesbians?"

Just had a look back at what storylines were running this time last year, I think it was Ritas wedding, and her being kidnapped by Rick the thug to get the money Tina's Dad borrowed from him. Its funny reading back over old story lines. Can you believe its a year since Sunita first hooked up with Karl? Which means Stella and co have been on the street more than a year. Her and Eva still feel like blow ins.

It was either Ritas wedding, or Krazy Kirsty's parents coming to stay and her Dad going mental. Or possibly micro-tiny Pauls mad missus.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

you would need Gareh to be a serial killer or something, not someone who made a pass at someone when hammered.

He didn't just make a pass at Tina when he was hammered. He's been all over her for the last few months. Emotional infidelity which is on a par with physical infidelity.

There doesn't seem to one likeable or non-irritating character in the Street at the moment. Maybe 32 odd years of watching it has my palate jaded. :D

Michelle should have f*cked Katy and the baby out and why the hell didnt Chesney take him :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭mb1725

[QUOTE=There doesn't seem to one likeable or non-irritating character in the Street at the moment. Maybe 32 odd years of watching it has my palate jaded. :D[/QUOTE]

Anna is still likeable! ;)

Debbie-Rush.jpg

He didn't just make a pass at Tina when he was hammered. He's been all over her for the last few months. Emotional infidelity which is on a par with physical infidelity.

Maybe so, but Izzeh hasn't ended it with him because he has been, as you put it, all over her, she has finished with him because he made the pass. Arguably, because nothing happened, then it is still emotional infidelity, but in any case. A week of corrie being at 9pm should be for something a bit more exciting. Bonnie and Clyde Rob and Tracey aren't really counting unless Carla does something interesting tonight to one of them. Impale Tracey on something hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,675 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

but in any case. A week of corrie being at 9pm should be for something a bit more exciting. Bonnie and Clyde Rob and Tracey aren't really counting unless Carla does something interesting tonight to one of them. Impale Tracey on something hopefully.

exciting or not last night they pulled in 8.7 million views.

Peter and Carla are going to get engaged soon.

Tina wants to keep the baby and it divides the street.

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    exciting or not last night they pulled in 8.7 million views.

Peter and Carla are going to get engaged soon.

Tina wants to keep the baby and it divides the street.

Terrible couple imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭annapanna

Maybe so, but Izzeh hasn't ended it with him because he has been, as you put it, all over her, she has finished with him because he made the pass. Arguably, because nothing happened, then it is still emotional infidelity, but in any case. A week of corrie being at 9pm should be for something a bit more exciting. Bonnie and Clyde Rob and Tracey aren't really counting unless Carla does something interesting tonight to one of them. Impale Tracey on something hopefully.

It's not on tonight

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement