Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Curley was a lovable gormless fool! He had character and charm, Chesney doesn't.

Agreed. I always liked Curly, there was always a good chemistry between him and other charachters like Jack & Vera, Eddie yeats, the genius of a charachter that was Reggie Holdsworth and Raquel. He had good believable storylines and I think most of us know a Curly Watts in real life and thus always felt some kind of sympathy to him.

Chesney can act but his storylines are stupid. I've no idea why Corrie run with a short term sensationalist storyline like Katy and Chesnay wanting a baby at 16 and forget the long term consequences such as us having to suffer the baby for years afterwards. I've no idea why they wanted to split the couple up so quickly either, it seems that no couple on the Street can stay together for more than a year.

Chesnay has the right to be angry, Katy just fecked off with Ryan, dumping the baby on anyne she can, as a parent he has a right to be worried. Though he should try and open his eyes and see that Sinead could be something positive for him I think he is still blinded by his love for Katy which is sadly dropping into being hate.

Speaking of Curly I think Corrie badly needs another stage where it can play out some other charachters and some different storylines, the supermarket that Curly worked in was a good example, it allowed Reggie and others to develop in their own way. The constant run around between the Bistro, Rovers, Dev's shop, the factory and Roy's Rolls is getting a bit tedious.

Another gripe is the way the writers seem to drop storylines all of a sudden. Karl was close to cracking up when Sunita died, now he behaves s if it never happened, Rob and Peter were at each others throats for a week, then we hear nothing again for a week, faye and her dad Tim weren't coping, now not a word about them. Some kind of connectivity is badly needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,424 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

On at nine tonight.

Miss this not being on a Sunday. Was really the only time that I'd be guaranteed to get time to see it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

Paul that suffered all the trauma of losing work mate in the fire, is first in the Q for the pub re-opening and free drinks:rolleyes:

scriptwriting of late is making this once great programme unwatchable.

ps..they should have got rid of that Windass family in he fire...painful shower

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

and Chesney

• Registered Users Posts: 12,424 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

efb wrote: »
    and Chesney

.. And Mavis..

• Advertisement

efb wrote: »
    and Chesney

Chesney was a cute kid, but unfortunately "adult Ches" has nothing to add.

Dev has now turned up for the opening, despite his wife dying as a result of the fire and being the "suspect" in everyone's eyes of causing the fire

Just the sort of thing you'd do :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Bring back Mavis. I've had an adequate sufficiency of Tina/Garray/Izzay/Kahy/Chez........

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Much as Katy annoys me at times, I don't really think it's fair to criticise her for 'dumping' baby Jo-zef. Surely she's entitled to a few nights out a week. Chesney's always out on the lash...but it's another story when she's in the pub. Yes, she initiated the break up but she was willing to give it another go, Chesney couldn't come to terms with her interlude with Ryan.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭lisaj

Good old Em-leh looking after Hawpe and Roo-beh.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭deedeemac12

Everyone does break up it seems. I like Roy and Haley story best right now. No beak ups and no babies.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

Ann22 wrote: »
    Much as Katy annoys me at times, I don't really think it's fair to criticise her for 'dumping' baby Jo-zef. Surely she's entitled to a few nights out a week. Chesney's always out on the lash...but it's another story when she's in the pub. Yes, she initiated the break up but she was willing to give it another go, Chesney couldn't come to terms with her interlude with Ryan.

honestly no, i don't think she is, yes she is young but then they all Warned her about that when she first got pregnant, Owen was trying to make it clear to her it meant years of having to be responsible and she kept going on about how she could handle it.

now suddenly she's being irresponsible (breaking up her childs home for the sake of a fling) and out almost 7 nights a week? once a week you'd say fair enough, but more than that no, she's not entitled, she gave up that choice when she chose to have her son.

nevermind the fact its to get drunk most nights too, josef deserves better than a part time hungover mother.

imagine the example she is now setting to young mothers stuck in with their children watching corrie
    its like saying "find someone silly enough to take your child a few nights a week and go get drunk! you are young you are entitled to it", if anything corrie writers should get social services involved, they took lexie off lola in EE for less...

hoodwinked wrote: »
    honestly no, i don't think she is, yes she is young but then they all Warned her about that when she first got pregnant, Owen was trying to make it clear to her it meant years of having to be responsible and she kept going on about how she could handle it.

now suddenly she's being irresponsible (breaking up her childs home for the sake of a fling) and out almost 7 nights a week? once a week you'd say fair enough, but more than that no, she's not entitled, she gave up that choice when she chose to have her son.

nevermind the fact its to get drunk most nights too, josef deserves better than a part time hungover mother.

imagine the example she is now setting to young mothers stuck in with their children watching corrie
    its like saying "find someone silly enough to take your child a few nights a week and go get drunk! you are young you are entitled to it", if anything corrie writers should get social services involved, they took lexie off lola in EE for less...

I didn't know she goes out and gets drunk 7 nites a week. I only said surely she's entitled to go out a couple of nites. Chesney accuses her of dumping the child when she has other stuff to do like the dental apt that time. It just appears that he's always going out for beers and when she does it probably twice a week there's a song and dance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

I didn't know she goes out and gets drunk 7 nites a week. I only said surely she's entitled to go out a couple of nites. Chesney accuses her of dumping the child when she has other stuff to do like the dental apt that time. It just appears that he's always going out for beers and when she does it probably twice a week there's a song and dance.

The kid lives with Katy, not with Chesney. And every time she goes out, Ches asks why didn't she ask him to babysit

gubbie wrote: »
    The kid lives with Katy, not with Chesney. And every time she goes out, Ches asks why didn't she ask him to babysit

Does he? I must've missed that. All I hear is him giving out about her feckin' off with Ryan and dumping the child. Very hard to listen to him:(.

Everyone does break up it seems. I like Roy and Haley story best right now. No beak ups and no babies.

watch this space;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

There was a period over the last three weeks when everytime you saw Katy she was looking for someone to mind Jo-zef because she was going out with Ryan. She never asked Ches if he would like to mind Jo-zef, which he would. Chesney went out and got drunk a couple of times after he was past the sitting in alone phase which he is perfectly entitled to do. Now he is getting fit and muscular in the hope of attracting her back. Whats wrong with Katy and Ryan staying in with the baby now and again?

gubbie wrote: »

this ^

if Chesney was the full time carer and dumping the child on fiz, i'd be questioning him, but Katy is the sole carer and should be either a: offering better full time care as josefs mom, or b: letting him live with his dad who would take care of him. she'll have plenty of time for nights out when josef is 18!

i am surprised they aren't doing a social services taking josef storyline with this, maybe the EE one is too close gone to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,474 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Emily should have been at the opening of the Rovers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭mb1725

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

She couldn't get a babysitter! :pac:

mb1725 wrote: »
    She couldn't get a babysitter! :pac:

But Norris was already in the pub :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

The refurbished Rovers. Taking the decor right up to circa 1978...

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭lisaj

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

She had to look after Roo-beh and Hawpe

Did Kirk buy Tracey a drink last night :eek:

syklops wrote: »
    There was a period over the last three weeks when everytime you saw Katy she was looking for someone to mind Jo-zef because she was going out with Ryan. She never asked Ches if he would like to mind Jo-zef, which he would. Chesney went out and got drunk a couple of times after he was past the sitting in alone phase which he is perfectly entitled to do. Now he is getting fit and muscular in the hope of attracting her back. Whats wrong with Katy and Ryan staying in with the baby now and again?

That was only about 2 or 3 nights though over 3 weeks. She's still entitled to a few hours with her boyfriend surely without being a neglectful mother?? She's only young. Another time it was the dental apt and that time he refused to mind Jo-zef.
    He had a chance of getting her back and he practically pushed her into Ryan's arms.
    He's exercising to build up his own confidence. Nothing to do with her neglecting the child.

this ^

if Chesney was the full time carer and dumping the child on fiz, i'd be questioning him, but Katy is the sole carer and should be either a: offering better full time care as josefs mom, or b: letting him live with his dad who would take care of him. she'll have plenty of time for nights out when josef is 18!

i am surprised they aren't doing a social services taking josef storyline with this, maybe the EE one is too close gone to do it.

Social services?? For what? Going out once maybe twice a week? She'd ask Chesney if he didn't behave like a total dckhead!

Social services?? For what? Going out once maybe twice a week? She'd ask Chesney if he didn't behave like a total dckhead!

my point with social services was they took lexie off Lola in EE for less,

katy is proving to be an unfit mother, going out getting drunk instead of looking after your child is not good behavior to be publicly showing as acceptable. constantly dumping him on Anna isn't fair either, she wanted responsibility she got it, she cant just turn around now and change her mind, babies don't work like that, you have to make sacrifices for you child, partying most nights is one of them.

the excuse "sure god love her she's only a young one its what they do" isn't valid in this case as she should be a mother first and foremost and a teenage/party girl second. thats the choice she made by having a baby.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

You really can't be serious! Life shouldn't come to an end just because you've had a child. :D:D

Who says that Chesney would take care of him properly if he was the sole carer. He's become such a bitter, little twerp that the child's life would be miserable and Joseph would probably end up with some sort of serial killer mentality.

It would make much more sense if they divided up the week between them so they both get a chance to go out/stay in/whatever and Joseph got happy, refreshed parents.

my point with social services was they took lexie off Lola in EE for less,

katy is proving to be an unfit mother, going out getting drunk instead of looking after your child is not good behavior to be publicly showing as acceptable. constantly dumping him on Anna isn't fair either, she wanted responsibility she got it, she cant just turn around now and change her mind, babies don't work like that, you have to make sacrifices for you child, partying most nights is one of them.

the excuse "sure god love her she's only a young one its what they do" isn't valid in this case as she should be a mother first and foremost and a teenage/party girl second. thats the choice she made by having a baby.

Lola was fighting in the street, she had no job or proper support as far as social services were aware. Who has said Katy is out getting drunk constantly. I'm repeating myself here. She's likely only been out once or twice a week. I really don't think she's partying 7 nights a week. Just because you have a baby doesn't mean you sit in evey night 'til they grow up ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

The "New" Rovers is ridiculous. The back yard wall and trellis thingy are still the same and the hatch at the counter was all scratched. The only difference I could see was that they moved the heater for the hot pots and now theres a few stools there :mad:

Has anyone else thought "Chesney gets a bit thick with the drink"?
    Its like hes allergic to it..It doesnt suit him anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

I missed last nights episode i'm trying to watch it now on 3 player but it wont let me watch the second half of it:mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement