Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,441 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

doovdela wrote: »
    You really feel for poor tyrone! The poor thing!

Sometimes I dont as I feel he puts his relationship with Fiz before Ruby

I hope Kirsty is found out soon as it cant drag on surely for too long more

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

mb1725 wrote: »
    Bring back Jackie !

Jackie+Dobbs+(Margi+Clarke)

She'd sort 'em out gurl !! :D

In that pic Tyrone looks an unnerving amount like Ricky Gervais is "Derek." That's not a compliment.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

Bring back Jackie !

Oh jeez don't :eek: She is scary, then again perhaps she would sort Kirsty out and it could be the one decent thing she ever did for Tyrone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

Bring back Jackie !

SQUATTERS' RIGHTS!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

The CHEEK of Tracy expecting an important position in Underworld and her with the crappiest cv in the universe for Jaysus sake!!

Didnt Eva get a job in Underworld thanks to Rob, but she didnt assume to be "head of packing". Plus she is waaaay hotter than (in the words of Steve) 'flippin Tray-cee'.

Do we really need the picture of Jackie repeated 4 times on this page? Teenager Tyrone isn't really pleasant looking either is he?

Tyrone(To sally): You and me go way back...

You mean the time you nearly slept together?

Edit: Tracey:"I can feel my brain cells rotting".

Yeah, like you were glued to countdown everday before you got a job.

As for Gail upping their rent, she owes about 40k. David lives at home for a small amount of rent, and gets cooked for by Gail most nights, and is manager of the salon. He can well afford an extra 100 for a month. Instead he is all "Not my problem". This is why Nick is the favourite son.

Nick:"Mum, I know you're in trouble, heres a job"

David:"Mum, I know you're in trouble but its not my problem"

Edit2: Craig is filling out isnt he?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

Anyone else on here think that Tyrone's storyline is doing more harm to male domestic violence victims than good?

i mean lets see how they've gone so far:
    • If you are beaten by your wife no one will believe you including friends who've known you years
    • if you have any children with your attacker you will never get to see them as they continuosly torture you with lack of access
    • the police will take her side regardless of the truth because she's a poor woman you are a big tough man
    • if you haven't documented sufficient injuries don't bother reporting the violence no one will believe you
    • confiding in three friends won't matter a damn when the police are involved so keep it to yourself
    • The police will go with appearances rather than investigate and get the truth

Yeah i can see how victims watching this storyline would be jumping to go report their abusive partners. :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,139 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I think Kirsty's mother will help Tyrone. She knows what it's like to be on the receiving end.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

syklops wrote: »
    Yeah, like you were glued to countdown everday before you got a job.

Now there's an episode I want to see. Deirdre and Tracy watch countdown while Deirdre enthusiastically plays along. Tracy pretends she isn't paying attention but really is and is gleeful whenever she beats Deirdre's four letter words. And Ken sits at the table finding it all so frustrating.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,539 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

syklops wrote: »
    As for Gail upping their rent, she owes about 40k. David lives at home for a small amount of rent, and gets cooked for by Gail most nights, and is manager of the salon. He can well afford an extra 100 for a month. Instead he is all "Not my problem". This is why Nick is the favourite son
    Ah, but it IS only a few days since Gail told David and Kylie that she is selling the house from under them and that they better move out sharpish. So I can see why David doesn't really have a lot of sympathy for her. She didn't care about leaving them with nowhere to go.

Tyrone gets zero sympathy from me. From the moment he put having an affair with Fiz over his plan to marry Kirsty and get parental rights for Ruby he's been getting on my wick. Then shouting at Kirsty in the street, breaking into the Webster's back yard to see the baby and now planning to kidnap her!? Really smart move, Tyrone. You idiot.
    He should have taken her up on her offer to get back together... then if she tried anything else he could have been off to the police like a shot!
    I think the whole storyline started out really well but is starting to come apart at the seams a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭maurasmith50

Oh Lord! What's Tyrone like in that photo ....is he sitting on he's Mammy's lap or what :eek:

• Advertisement

So Tyrone is now living with Tina and Tommy is living with Rita is that correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Ya that's correct.

Did ty not go to the hospital when he got one of his injuries surely medical records would show proof? Same applies to Fiz. Unless Kirsty threatens someone in the meantime?

Maybe her mam might step in?

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Jocelynel

hoodwinked wrote: »
    Anyone else on here think that Tyrone's storyline is doing more harm to male domestic violence victims than good?

i mean lets see how they've gone so far:
    • If you are beaten by your wife no one will believe you including friends who've known you years
    • if you have any children with your attacker you will never get to see them as they continuosly torture you with lack of access
    • the police will take her side regardless of the truth because she's a poor woman you are a big tough man
    • if you haven't documented sufficient injuries don't bother reporting the violence no one will believe you
    • confiding in three friends won't matter a damn when the police are involved so keep it to yourself
    • The police will go with appearances rather than investigate and get the truth

Yeah i can see how victims watching this storyline would be jumping to go report their abusive partners. :rolleyes:

i was just logging on to comment something similar...it's only what me and my sister were talking about earlier.

how on earth are the writers going to correct all this mess...kirsty has everyone twisted with her lies about tyrone. the only thing i can think is that when tyrone is 'away' in a few weeks, she hurts ruby? or maybe kirsty mum will step in...i just can't see kirsty slipping up anytime soon

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Jocelynel

Did ty not go to the hospital when he got one of his injuries surely medical records would show proof? Same applies to Fiz. Unless Kirsty threatens someone in the meantime?

hope kirsty threatens that julie...she might lose her temper with her i know i would!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Jocelynel wrote: »
    i was just logging on to comment something similar...it's only what me and my sister were talking about earlier.

how on earth are the writers going to correct all this mess...kirsty has everyone twisted with her lies about tyrone. the only thing i can think is that when tyrone is 'away' in a few weeks, she hurts ruby? or maybe kirsty mum will step in...i just can't see kirsty slipping up anytime soon

Kirsty has a serious temper. A serious one. So I assume it will resolve its self the same way the episode of Friends with Ben Stiller did when he had anger issues. Eventually she will either blowup on the wrong person or go berserk sometime in front of someone other than Tyrone. Then the penny will start to drop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭mb1725

hope kirsty threatens that julie...she might lose her temper with her i know i would!

julie_carp.jpg

Imagine how big her mouth would look after getting a puck in the gob from Kirsty! :eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭u_c_thesecond

God yes that Julie is majorally getting on my nerves- when shes not giiving out to Fiz and Tyrone shes licking last nights dinner out of kirstys arse, and when not shes doing that she beaming and going on about "Her Brian" and how hes "All Man"

No Julie hes not all man he is a gob****e on a bike and your deluded :mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

or maybe kirsty mum will step in...i just can't see kirsty slipping up anytime soon

going the way they are going Kirstys mum will probably step in on her side,

you know you can hear her say "oh you picked a man just like your father you poor thing left alone now with the baby, at last you did something about it, im proud of you for that"

que Kirsty actually feeling guilty for a minute for lying to her mum....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

hoodwinked wrote: »
    going the way they are going Kirstys mum will probably step in on her side,

I reeeeeeeeeeeeeeally hope you're wrong.

As much as the Fiz affair is annoying me and the blatant idiocy of them all in their handling of this situation, I still want to see justice prevail and Tyrone saved !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

julie_carp.jpg

Imagine how big her mouth would look after getting a puck in the gob from Kirsty! :eek::eek:

Maybe something will happen to Julie, is'nt she be going on maternity leave soon?

cofy wrote: »
    Maybe something will happen to Julie, is'nt she be going on maternity leave soon?

In real life?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

MugMugs wrote: »
    In real life?

Yes, as far as I can tell her bumb is getting quite big, but it is well hidden with baggy coats and props.

Yes, as far as I can tell her bumb is getting quite big, but it is well hidden with baggy coats and props.

They generally just bury characters out of story lines for stuff like that though, don't they?

"I have to go now, my father up north needs me....."

with the occasional "Oh, How's Julies Dad?" thrown in for good measure until they come back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭maurasmith50

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭fifi234ie

Corrie star Katy Cavanagh expecting her third baby

Her announcement comes months after Katy’s Corrie character Julie Carp was seen in tears after being told she would never have children

Coronation Street star Katy Cavanagh is expecting her third child… leaving show bosses with labour pains.

Her announcement comes months after Katy’s Corrie character Julie Carp was seen in tears after being told she would never have children.

Corrie bosses, who are thrilled for 38-year-old Katy, now face the headache of trying to hide her baby bump during filming for three months.
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/no-ovaries--corrie-star-1468498

Kirsty battering her would be good :p

Anything could happen!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

I dont like Gloria i think Sue Johnson is a great actress but i just cant take to her

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement