Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

So many plot holes in the storyline I don't even know where to begin. Do they not remember Kirsty throwing them all out of the house when Tyrone threw a surprise party for her? Very short memories on coronation street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

dubstarr wrote: »
    Is Katy with Chesney i thought she was 18 now

I said 14 because I was contrasting her oh-so-mature, lets have a a baby, Im ready at 16 attitude to her now, supposed mid-life crisis of getting with Ryan, a guy looks old enough to have baby sat her a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Jocelynel

LizT wrote: »
    So many plot holes in the storyline I don't even know where to begin. Do they not remember Kirsty throwing them all out of the house when Tyrone threw a surprise party for her? Very short memories on coronation street.

very short indeed!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Plus the fact that her temper has flared MANY times before !

Julie found solice over cutting up Fiz's hand not so long ago too.

It's a good plot but turning very troubled.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

Very short memories on coronation street.

Especially considering she also threw them all out of her hen party last week.

Unfortunately I suppose Julie, Eileen and Co. will muse that Kirsty is like that - mood swings, quick temper etc - because she is being intimidated by Tyrone. Like they knew her well before the relationship.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Or they will blame PND .Its funny they have known Tyrone years and they believe Kirsty.I think she will lose the plot at either one of or Ruby and then they will be licking Tyrones arse again.If it was me they could swing the lot of them

• Registered Users Posts: 85,911 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

dubstarr wrote: »
    Or they will blame PND .Its funny they have known Tyrone years and they believe Kirsty.I think she will lose the plot at either one of or Ruby and then they will be licking Tyrones arse again.If it was me they could swing the lot of them

I wouldnt be surprised if Kirsty hurt Ruby and blamed Tyrone as well

They'd better hurry up with this storyline, or Julie will be ready to pop! She's already showing and wearing loose coats. Mind you, a miracle could happen and she could have a baby after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Chucken wrote: »
    Sophie is annoying me! Like shes all worldly wise cos she's "out" so long!

Wouldn't you think she'd be a friend to Jenna instead of hitting on her and then sulking when she doesn't get her own way at once :mad:

I know!!! Too true! She's actually being creepy ready to leap on Jenna at any moment. Jenna, is a crap actress I think. Her eyes get bigger and bigger and bigger. She's all eyes and lips. She looks like Nick Park made her out of plasticine.

syklops wrote: »
    According to the writers Karl is a misunderstood hunk.

I was feeling queasy last night for other reasons, but Gail and Lewis was the last straw.

Italian for lovers. "When is the next train?" Is that a euphemism for something?

I tell you what, there was one too many scenes with Lewis and Gail kissing. When Lewis goes to kiss her he holds her mouth and then leans in. Do you think thats to stop Gail eating the face off him, and so he can push her off before she gets any ideas.

She is very loved up. Is she not wondering why Lewis doesn't seem interested in the contents of her knickers?

Oh yeah: I had this idea to put together a montage of Gail swooning over Lewis, and sync it to the music of Kermit the Frog singing happy feet. I got the idea on the bus yesterday and nearly pi$$ed myself laughing at the imagery. The rest of the bus must have thought I was bonkers. Probably would have been sure if I was bonkers if I told them why I was laughing.

:D:D:D Yeah, he was holding her face at bay..I'd say his stomach's heaving:D. David and Kylie were more disgusted at Gail smooching with him but I think for the majority of folk it'd be the other way around.

I can't bear the way she puts on that little baby voice....silly bint!!! The cheek of her the other night telling Audrey that it was her fault it didn't work out for her and Lewis 'cos she (Audrey) didn't trust him (wtf??!!) If I'd been Audrey I'd have leaped across the table and throttled her for that. If Audrey had even hinted at re-mortgaging her home to head off into the sunset with him, Gail would've went mental. Oh no, totally unbelieveable that he may have genuinely loved Audrey but now it's her that's latched onto him it's a different story...It makes me soo mad!!!! If I've said all this before, apologies. I rant the same speech every time I watch, my poor hubbie is losing the will to live:(.

• Advertisement

Jocelynel wrote: »
    why didn't tyrone tell the police that he had been treated in hospital a few weeks ago??? don't get that and he never even said how kirsty was treated by her dad
    and remember a few months back, didn't tyrone lie to kevin in the garage about a bump on the head or something

i'm fed up CORRIE with this storyline and how kirsty is manipulating everyone, even the police, we will have to wait ages for the truth to come out. that julie one is annoying me soooo much. awful how the whole street that have know tyrone for years easily turn their back on him. has no-one even noticed how his whole demeanour has changed since he got with kirsty.

feel i'm RANTING on and on !

As my mother would say 'it's enough to drive you innocent':(

Lloyd should work for the UN.

Julie is filling out isn't she?

Does Gail really believe Lewis is taking her to Italy? Its the same story he spun Audrey.

Jaysus, LOL @ Lewis the hacker!

The look on his face when he discovered Nick and Kylie's secret! I wonder will he spill the beans as well? That would really set the meercat among the pigeons.

Edit: Well, I wasnt expecting that!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

I have the same red coat that Julie has, and have now consigned it to the charity shop, in case I look as if I am expecting.

amtc wrote: »
    I have the same red coat that Julie has, and have now consigned it to the charity shop, in case I look as if I am expecting.

I am sure you don't look like you're expecting.

I dont suppose you also have Leanne's red coat, the one with the buttons? It looks awesome and i would love to buy it for my girlfriend as a belated Valentines gift.

Edit: I dont want to buy it from you, I just want to know where you got it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

What the hell is Fiz doing at the contact centre? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

bah dum tish!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 27 KatieD508

That was such an anticlimax...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭maurasmith50

The puss on David :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

I can't believe Gail thought she could take the 9 grand on the table :rolleyes: some good lines tonight from Roys mother, the first one being "don't just stand there holding your sausage":D I'm not feeling as sorry for Tyrone as I did a week ago, him turning on Kevin saying you kept me away from my child wasn't believeable Kevin was only looking out for him breaking his bail

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

This is all a bit wierd.

Moving £40,000 out of an account with no warning? Most banks will ring up when that kind of money is being moved to verify it, or else they will ask you to come to the branch in person. With a business account it's not a lot, for a personal one it is, especially as Gail would rarely move more than a few quid at any one time.

I feel sorry for Gail, love can make you blind at times. Lewis is a class act, lI like the way he put ideas in her head the past few weeks. No matter what Gail did to Audrey, she was only trying to look out for her mother, she was right about one thing, he is a con-man, how do we know that he really meant it when he said that he always loved Audrey, in fact the DVD and flowers could just be to keep the hearth warm before he comes back to rip her off some time in the future.

Either way, Gail will be paying off the £40,000 for the rest of her working life, at a time when she should be relaxing and saving up for retirement, so Lewis is a scumbag. I think that he might well be back in the future though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

bijapos wrote: »
    I think that he might well be back in the future though.
    when I saw the flowers on Audreys doorstep I thought, is he is keeping Audrey sweet for a return but could he risk coming back after taking £40,000 from Gail?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

casio4 wrote: »
    when I saw the flowers on Audreys doorstep I thought, is he is keeping Audrey sweet for a return but could he risk coming back after taking £40,000 from Gail?

He
    is, the producers have asked him to return at some time in the future so we shall be seeing him again hopefully

:D

I absolutely and utterly loved Lewis in it:o. Remember the other night, he said to Gail 'what is this vision of loveliness coming towards me:D'....So funny tonight, when he took Gail's last few shillings out of her purse before he went (for the flight socks:D) Brilliant!!:D...I struggle to feel pity for her no matter how much she cries and wails. She was all over him from the minute Audrey and him split up:mad:. I was holding my breath watching the video! Just deadly:)...and the flowers and romantic message for Audrey, he's so freakin' smooth!!! Love him! He prob left a box of milk tray on her pillow too!

Tyrone is seriously stupid, what sort of a tit is he ffs??? What did he seriously expect to happen? Big stupid gobsh*te! He played right into Kirsty's hands and I'm not one bit happy about it:mad:

I'm so tired of Tracy, her and her big mouthful of teeth and cutting remarks. Sick of her:mad:.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

I can't believe Gail thought she could take the 9 grand on the table :rolleyes:

Of course she could, eventually anyway, it's legally her money. If such a scenario did occur (which it wouldn't as same day transfers must be done in a branch in person with ID and even if it could be done online Lewis wouldn't have been able to get his hands on 9 grand cash that day) the money would be evidence and would be taken by the police. As it's stolen money it would be returned to Gail at the end of the investigation/trial. Audrey chose to give the money to Penny, she'd have no claim on money he stole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

iguana wrote: »
    Of course she could, eventually anyway, it's legally her money. If such a scenario did occur (which it wouldn't as same day transfers must be done in a branch in person with ID and even if it could be done online Lewis wouldn't have been able to get his hands on 9 grand cash that day) the money would be evidence and would be taken by the police. As it's stolen money it would be returned to Gail at the end of the investigation/trial. Audrey chose to give the money to Penny, she'd have no claim on money he stole.

The thought that such a bank transfer could happen is about as likely as Gail going to court for all her neighbours to see what an idiot she as been.

There was no chance that Audrey was ever expecting to see her money back, this really is leaving the door open for Lewis to return (of course with the same actor), which I hope he does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

Ann22 wrote: »
    I absolutely and utterly loved Lewis in it:o. So funny tonight, when he took Gail's last few shillings out of her purse before he went (for the flight socks:D) Brilliant!!:D...I struggle to feel pity for her no matter how much she cries and wails. She was all over him from the minute Audrey and him split up:mad:. I was holding my breath watching the video! Just deadly:)...and the flowers and romantic message for Audrey, he's so freakin' smooth!!! Love him! He prob left a box of milk tray on her pillow too!

I wonder what "will you get me flight socks" sounds like in "Italian for Lovers".:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭maurasmith50

cofy wrote: »
    I wonder what "will you get me flight socks" sounds like in "Italian for Lovers".:o

http://translate.google.ie/m/translate?hl=en

Try this. Type in the sentence and you should see the translation and hear it if you click the speaker icon ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,171 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The 'built-up shoes' revelation was classic.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,191 ✭✭✭jos28

I absolutely and utterly loved Lewis in it:o. Remember the other night, he said to Gail 'what is this vision of loveliness coming towards me:D'....So funny tonight, when he took Gail's last few shillings out of her purse before he went (for the flight socks:D) Brilliant!!:D...I struggle to feel pity for her no matter how much she cries and wails. She was all over him from the minute Audrey and him split up:mad:. I was holding my breath watching the video! Just deadly:)...and the flowers and romantic message for Audrey, he's so freakin' smooth!!! Love him! He prob left a box of milk tray on her pillow too!

Tyrone is seriously stupid, what sort of a tit is he ffs??? What did he seriously expect to happen? Big stupid gobsh*te! He played right into Kirsty's hands and I'm not one bit happy about it:mad:

I'm so tired of Tracy, her and her big mouthful of teeth and cutting remarks. Sick of her:mad:.
    Couldn't have said it better !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭u_c_thesecond

I can't believe Gail thought she could take the 9 grand on the table

Ya i know- I know its her money but Audery was right "Why should I pay for your stupidity- Dam right

When we saw the flowers my husband goes "Jesus Christ is he hiding in her house"
    hoodwinked wrote: »
    He
    is, the producers have asked him to return at some time in the future so we shall be seeing him again hopefully

Yay! Got a serious thing for him-For an old guy hes H O T !

So funny tonight, when he took Gail's last few shillings out of her purse before he went (for the flight socks:D) Brilliant!!

Oh the BEST PART was when they were all and the table and all u hear outta gail is "He took the money for the flight socks" I was laughing my head off

David had some lines tonight :D

Shes gone as annoying

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement