Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Oh no, but thought call the midwife be on BBC one no? or is it BBC 2, it be repeated on BBC again at some point!? Corrie be on TV3/utv/itv, it always be repeated anyway!? Easier to catch up on corrie unless you have sky+ or tv3 player/itv/utv player.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Tindie

it's on BBC 1
    BBC 1 Xmas very good nice line up
    ITV Line up os really bad as Normal

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

I feel Tommy is been selfish here in wanting Tina to pull out.After all, its because of him that they are in debt.So he wants his cake and eat it.On the one hand he wants the money, and on the other he doesn't want to do anything for that.

Tina is right though, she stood by him when he was in trouble and now he will not do the same for Tina.She is better off without him, although I wonder how long it will stay that way.

Coronation Street must be the best place to get a job in, they seem to be able to go from one job to the next without any bother ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

yeah I felt sorry for Tina tonight and when Tommy walked out the door and she shouted his name I felt even more for her

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I did feel sorry for Tina but Tommy made it clear a million times that no way did he agree with her doing it. She shouldn't have went ahead with it, especially since they were his debts. It was stupid. In saying that, I am sick listening to Tommy moaning I have to say. They should've taken Rita's offer or did a runner.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Why is Tina's pregnancy such an issue to Tommy?

He doesnt own her uterus!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

ts because of him that they are in debt.So he wants his cake and eat it.

He has actually said numerous times that he doesnt care about the debt and that he will just pay it off as he can like any normal people would. Blood from a stone and all that. If he was saying "Tina I want you to come up with the cash but I dont want you to do it this way", then that would be hypocritical. Tina's main motivation seems to be along the lines of "Well, Izzie really wants it...". She also totally under sold herself. The 15k will barely cover their debts and wont cover her loss of earnings for 3-4 months, taxis to the hospital etc, and the eventuality of something going wrong. Not to mention the emotional problems of it all.
    efb wrote: »

He's her boyfriend, he lives with her. He has to put up with mood swings, morning sickness, food cravings, and possibly the absence of sex for long periods of time. Their lives will be turned upside down needlessly. Most men manage to get through it because it is their son or daughter in that womb, but in this case it isn't. He will help nurture he or she and will have no rights once its born. Its a pretty f^%ked up situation to be in and that she went behind his back to do it makes it work. Personally I would be planning a bank heist before I would let my partner do something like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭She Devil

I bet she'll lose the baby and Tommy will try to crawl back.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭CarMe

I bet it's going to end up being Tommy and Tina's baby!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭fifi234ie

Tindie wrote: »
    Head ups
    Christmas day

7:30 Corrie for 1 hour (It's Clashes with Call the Midwife)

And if you watch EE, Downton Abbey clashes with that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

CarMe wrote: »
    I bet it's going to end up being Tommy and Tina's baby!
    :confused: how could it be Tommy and Tinas baby? she did a test a while ago at Annas house that showed her not pregnant and Tommy has had the hump with her since, don't think they have been sleeping together as Tommy can't get his head around this as he himself was sold as a child

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭CarMe

casio4 wrote: »
    :confused: how could it be Tommy and Tinas baby? she did a test a while ago at Annas house that showed her not pregnant and Tommy has had the hump with her since, don't think they have been sleeping together as Tommy can't get his head around this as he himself was sold as a child
    Ah ok I retract :D

casio4 wrote: »

She did a test later that day and it was positive, the hormones weren't at a high enough level to register I'd imagine. If her and Tommy shagged around the time of the in vitro procedure, it could well be her and Tommy's. You can shag two men at the same time and conceive twins with two different fathers.

In saying that, I seriously doubt if it is her and Tommy's child. It would warrant a lot of biological explanations that would go over the heads of the general Corrie viewing public.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

efb wrote: »

Put yourself in his shoes and how would you feel if the woman you loved was carrying somebody elses baby?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

How does Barlow's Bookies survive?? I've never seen more than one customer in it:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 85,900 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Didnt Tommy want to have a baby with Tina before the surrogacy and she refused saying she wasnt ready and he also didnt know about her abortion of David's baby either way kinda sick of the whole storyline tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    Put yourself in his shoes and how would you feel if the woman you loved was carrying somebody elses baby?
    As Beth said last night "I love my Craig but he did serious damage to my undercarriage"

Being in love with Tina and having the possibility of a damaged undercarriage and no bundle of joy to show for it would be tough.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭iceblue

i know we're supposed to feel sorry for izzy cause she had a miscarriage and doesnt want to go though another pregnancy again because of this.... but its an ott reaction to get someone you hardly know but who lives on your street to carry ababy for you for 9t=mths and then just walk away with a pile of money for doing it.... its all wrong on so many levels i wouldnt know where to begin. and i love corrie its my favourite soap but this story has pushed me to the edge. i think izzy is ott. i think gary is ott. i think tina is acting the myrter . and i think tommy eventhough hes being sulky is the only one who is talking sense, and its all his fault tina is doing it in the first place cause she is paying tyrone back tommys debts. or technically tommys dad's debts.....

i am expecting tina to have a miscarriage now. this is the only real realistic way oout of this story imo,. not that in real life i would not wish a miscarriage on anyone.

i also think, and this is contraversial, that izzy's medical condition can be passed on to her baby. and if izzy didnt want to have a baby herself cause of the fear of passing this medical condition on would be more realistic and a better excuse for not wanting to be pregnant than the one she is giving. ie that she doesnt want another miscarriage. and tina's egg could have been used to prevent this happening. rather than it being izzys egg. if that makes sense. its what i would do anyway if i were izzy....

so the baby will either have izzys condition or will be miscarried is my prediction.... aplogies to anyone in the real world if ive caused offense. im just speaking as a soap and a work of fiction. my real life views are different.

iceblue wrote: »
    i know we're supposed to feel sorry for izzy cause she had a miscarriage and doesnt want to go though another pregnancy again because of this.... but its an ott reaction to get someone you hardly know but who lives on your street to carry ababy for you for 9t=mths and then just walk away with a pile of money for doing it.

I agree were Gary and Izzy even trying for a baby when she got pregnant and now all of a sudden they're using a surrogate, the storyline is way too rushed :rolleyes:

i know we're supposed to feel sorry for izzy cause she had a miscarriage and doesnt want to go though another pregnancy again because of this.... but its an ott reaction to get someone you hardly know but who lives on your street to carry ababy for you for 9t=mths and then just walk away with a pile of money for doing it.... its all wrong on so many levels i wouldnt know where to begin. and i love corrie its my favourite soap but this story has pushed me to the edge. i think izzy is ott. i think gary is ott. i think tina is acting the myrter . and i think tommy eventhough hes being sulky is the only one who is talking sense, and its all his fault tina is doing it in the first place cause she is paying tyrone back tommys debts. or technically tommys dad's debts.....

i am expecting tina to have a miscarriage now. this is the only real realistic way oout of this story imo,. not that in real life i would not wish a miscarriage on anyone.

i also think, and this is contraversial, that izzy's medical condition can be passed on to her baby. and if izzy didnt want to have a baby herself cause of the fear of passing this medical condition on would be more realistic and a better excuse for not wanting to be pregnant than the one she is giving. ie that she doesnt want another miscarriage. and tina's egg could have been used to prevent this happening. rather than it being izzys egg. if that makes sense. its what i would do anyway if i were izzy....

so the baby will either have izzys condition or will be miscarried is my prediction.... aplogies to anyone in the real world if ive caused offense. im just speaking as a soap and a work of fiction. my real life views are different.

Having had one miscarriage is no reason to look for a surrogate. That annoys me too. The doctor was quite positive about her chances of carrying to term. Also, Choosing a neighbour who would see the child every day is a daft idea. The whole thing of having a baby was a daft idea in the first place, Gary's only out of the loony bin, they're only together about a week and where the fcuk do they live? On Gary's mam's sofa?

The David and Kylie storyline is stupid too. Sure she sold her first child. She's only finding her bearings at being a wife and mother. He's a stupid kunt:mad:. I wish he'd stop puffing out his cheeks when he talks....it must be an English thing that. Alfie does it in Eastenders too.

• Advertisement

...and I knew where Tommy was coming from in saying that Gary and Izzy were everywhere they went. Like in some kind of horror film. Gary is waaay too pushy.

I can't believe I used to like him in it:confused:. Maybe there was method in Izzy's madness looking for a surrogate... Jeezz, imagine trying for a baby with him:eek:. He'd be on top of you in the bed the whole time in a constant intense frenzy of coitus. He'd make you stand on your head for 3hrs afterwards and for weeks he'd be following you into the toilet to check your time of the month hadn't come:(.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

if izzy didnt want to have a baby herself cause of the fear of passing this medical condition on would be more realistic and a better excuse for not wanting to be pregnant than the one she is giving. ie that she doesnt want another miscarriage. and tina's egg could have been used to prevent this happening. rather than it being izzys egg.

That would have been a hundred times better alright. Although it may offend people who have the same condition as Izzy but it would be a more concrete reason for wishing to use surrogacy. I'm sure in the real world if your reason for using a surrogate was because you'd had a one miscarriage and didn't want to risk another you would be told that you must try at least a few more times before they would provide you with treatment.

However if they had done the story in te way you suggest I think they should use a donor egg instead of Tina, just keep things a little bit less complicated as if the egg was Tina's, the baby would be biologically hers. If they used a donor egg and implanted that egg in Tina then that issue would be sidestepped completely.

Didnt Gary have a thing for Tina when she was with David?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭maurasmith50

Ann22 wrote: »
    ...and I knew where Tommy was coming from in saying that Gary and Izzy were everywhere they went. Like in some kind of horror film. Gary is waaay too pushy.

Gary is also a nutcase :D ! Remember the time he was in a siege situation with Izzy and had her hostage in a flat or something..forget the full details.

Gary is also a nutcase :D ! Remember the time he was in a siege situation with Izzy and had her hostage in a flat or something..forget the full details.

Imagine when he takes Tina's womb hostage :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Imagine when he takes Tina's womb hostage :p

That's the thing that scares me the most, he is so controlling, he will be checking that she is eating, drinking, resting etc. and if she or anyone else steps out of line he'll have a go at them. Total nutter.

What the hell is Leanne's problem, she has total double standards when it comes to how she or Peter raises Simon:

She used to say to Peter that Simon was at risk of becoming an alcoholic yet he is always having his dinner in the Bistro or pub.

She bollocked Peter for taking Simon out of school for a few days away earlier in the year, yet has no issue taking him to the USA for a few weeks and him missing his school play as well.

She and Nick threw all the presents in the world at Simon (remember the OTT birthday party they had for him in the Bistro) yet she scowls at Peter when he buys him a scooter after not having seen him for several months.

She's totally overdramatic and looking for any reason to fight, doing this in front of Simon as well when she always said that she didn't want him with Peter because she wanted him to have a stable background.

She got Simon because it was Simon's wish to spend time with Leanne yet she won't let him spend time with his own father, even when he wants to.

Seriously annoying, just wonder what sort of a bombshell Corrie have for Christmas Day, my betting is that Carla hits the bottle, Peter dumps her and jumps up in the church to say that she shouldn't marry Nick as she loves Peter more than Nick. OR. Peter hits the bottle and makes a show of himself at the wedding, although I have to say he looked well last night.

Thankfully I'll have some Brandy to dull the pain if it's truly awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

What was Carla thinking last night, hijacking Rob's meeting about the orange knickers?

For all she knew, the client could have been underwear procurement officer for a major player in ladies orange undergarments, such as -

(1) Female inmates at Holloway Prison,
    (2) Women supporters of the Holland football team, or even
    (3) Association of Loyal Orangewomen of Ireland

If Rob had been able to close the deal with any one of these, it would have been hotpots all around at the Rovers and no mistake. As it was, Rob had to pitch his knickers for a full 20 minutes in the car park to keep the client onside.

Carla should have trusted Rob's judgement in this - after all, as we all know, his experience at the sharp end of the only working underwear factory west of Beijing goes back quite a number of weeks.

As for Peter, he looks as if he's running the Corrie gig in tandem with a season in pantomime, as Captain Hook, with David (the boy who never grew up) as Peter Pan. And Kirstie as Tinkerbell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

Oliverdog wrote: »
    As it was, Rob had to pitch his knickers for a full 20 minutes in the car park to keep the client onside.

Poor Rob, imagine the frost bite:eek::eek::eek:

It's on tonight 7.30 and thurs and fri, times are so confusing

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

When do
    Stella and Jason have their snog or whatever it is they will do?

Karl looking very handsome tonight! Swooooon! :o:p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement