Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭vanillavanilla

Hi I'm new-ish to Boards and just saw this thread!

Love Corrie but I hate the whole story with Karl and Sunita :( Karl is only living with Sunita now because Stella wouldn't have him back after he begged her :D Hate the way Sunita is trying to make happy families straight away with Karl living there...give the kids some time to adjust to their new circumstances :rolleyes: Can she just kick Dev out and move her lover in like that?! Can't stand her and for the first time ever I like Dev in that I feel sorry for him!

I'm really overthinking it!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Love Corrie but I hate the whole story with Karl and Sunita :( Karl is only living with Sunita now because Stella wouldn't have him back after he begged her :D Hate the way Sunita is trying to make happy families straight away with Karl living there...give the kids some time to adjust to their new circumstances :rolleyes: Can she just kick Dev out and move her lover in like that?! Can't stand her and for the first time ever I like Dev in that I feel sorry for him!

100% agree...it's enough to drive you to drink:D

Ann22 wrote: »
    100% agree...it's enough to drive you to drink:D

...which brings me neatly onto another point; they are ALWAYS drinking in Corrie, whether it's the pub or cans or bottles of wine at home (or even in the Cab office :rolleyes:). Not that i'm anti-drink, far from it, I just think it's sending out the wrong message to younger viewers. Hell, I find myself pouring a glass of vino and joining in!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,334 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Karl and Sunita's affair was bount to come out at some point but looks like he wants to get Stella back!? :/ Poor dev, the kids and stella.

Could steve and Michelle get back together? Sal and Kev? Like that Jason and Maria got together! Kirsty and Tyrone I hope he see for who she really is and hope fiz might help him, could he get back together with fiz?

I hope izzy and gary can work things out, they great together.
    Ryan is a bit off the rails but think Carla's brother be a better influence than Ryan i'd say. Poor kylie for getting mixed up with ryan like that. She should be with David more.

So what's going to happen next I wonder...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Steven81

The one thing that i noticed was how Michelle looks without make up, serious bird when dressed up though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,065 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Lloyd was more interested in Dev's kids than Dev was last night

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Sure, you call the police and say your son is doing drugs- it's not like they have actual evidence, is it? :pac:

doovdela wrote: »
    I hope izzy and gary can work things out, they great together.
    They are really cute together. :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Lloyd was more interested in Dev's kids than Dev was last night

I think it was a bit of a lead in to the story about Lloyd's daughter who he never knew existed appearing soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

I know! and how come Dev's the one in the wrong? She's the one who had the affair, yet she's acting like he's the one in the wrong....why didn't he chuck her out? How come he's living in a scabby flat above the shop without the kids?

And didn't Sunita have an affair with Dev in the first place...I don't mean back in the day I mean recently....isn't that how she was brought back into the soap? She had the twins was living (and engaged I think?) to some guy. Dev comes back and they ran off together?

The story of her being unhappy etc was too rushed to fit in with the affair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭fifi234ie

Yay Roy's mum is back :D

Why is Izzy staying in Anna's house? I'm presuming if she's sleeping on the couch she can't go up the stairs so how does she use the bathroom?:confused:

• Advertisement

fifi234ie wrote: »
    Yay Roy's mum is back :D

Why is Izzy staying in Anna's house? I'm presuming if she's sleeping on the couch she can't go up the stairs so how does she use the bathroom?:confused:

She's sleeping with Gary in his old room. She mentioned the other night how he has to carry her up and down the stairs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭fifi234ie

Oh ok thanks iguana, what happened to their flat?

She still has it. Anna just wanted her to come stay with her for a week or two after her discharge from hospital.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

Delighted to see Roy's mum back

jos28 wrote: »
    Delighted to see Roy's mum back

LOVE her! She's acerbic and cynical like Blanche, whom I really miss. She didn't have huge storylines but she had a huge presence in the show.

I like seeing Kylie and Gail friendly in the pub

Michelle and Ryan should f*ck back to her parents in Ireland or anywhere out of Weatherfield

LOVE her! She's acerbic and cynical like Blanche, whom I really miss. She didn't have huge storylines but she had a huge presence in the show.

I like Sylvia but Blanche was one of a kind. No matter how bad an episode of Corrie was, a Blanche scene was always worth sitting up for. I miss her.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Corrie is handling the domestic abuse storyline much better than Fair City.

My heart is breaking for Ty.

Can the scriptwriters not just get him together with a decent lass?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Jeez, I really hope tyrone storyline with that vile Kirsty is sorted soon, very upsetting, but they acting it very well though.
    But FFS I cant believe the Tina kept her mouthshut:(

Steve and Lloyd argueing percentages very funny:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

Lisha wrote: »
    Jeez, I really hope tyrone storyline with that vile Kirsty is sorted soon, very upsetting, but they acting it very well though.
    But FFS I cant believe the Tina kept her mouthshut:(

Steve and Lloyd argueing percentages very funny:D

Steve & Lloyd are legends! :D I love seeing the two of them together on screen. Poor Tyrone, and she is SUCH an evil b1tch..... but yep, both of them playing a blinder. :)

• Advertisement

Just in the middle of watching the first of tonight's episodes..I just had to have a rant! I'd love to bang Emily and Rita's heads together..Norris was 100% right...Tracey absolutely should be contributing to the house..And too right I wouldn't want her near my personal stuff ffs! Have either of them got a brain cell between them??

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Corrie is handling the domestic abuse storyline much better than Fair City.

My heart is breaking for Ty.

Can the scriptwriters not just get him together with a decent lass?

I actually think FC handled it much better imo

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Ann22 wrote: »
    Just in the middle of watching the first of tonight's episodes..I just had to have a rant! I'd love to bang Emily and Rita's heads together..Norris was 100% right...Tracey absolutely should be contributing to the house..And too right I wouldn't want her near my personal stuff ffs! Have either of them got a brain cell between them??
    yes I agree and Tracy locking Norris in his room was just childish not the evil Tracy we know, although I can't help thinking Tracy will get a key cut for herself for the lock

Where has Roy's mother been? Has she been upstairs this whole time? During Roy and Mary's late night soirees? She's a bit puffy looking, maybe she wasn't well.

Emily's a silly old bint. She's horrible to Norris..though I know he can be annoying. Remember Percy Sugden? She treated him the same way..eye rolling and total exasperation the whole time. How many times did we hear her sigh 'Mister Sugden' with the emphasis on the 'G'..very annoying. Tracy's an evil cow..the whole fcukin' nation knows it...and Rita should know better. Her brain's probably been rattled from all the geriatric goosing she's been getting from Denis. Words fail me on this irritating storyline.

Poor poor Tina! What an unbelievable burden of a secret to have! I don't honestly know what I'd do if I was her. Tyrone's playing the part very well...the utter terror on his face:eek: bless his softiness:o. I do have to say though I think Yvonne in Fair City played the psycho a tad better than Kirsty. Think it's 'cos she has a mad bast*rd face in the first place. However Kirsty's gammy eyelid does help I have to say.

I'm so enjoying Corrie atm...every storyline has me hooked. Can't wait 'til Karl fcuks off somewhere, it has to happen-he's so useless, he reminds me of your man with the bow and arrow in the Avengers..he's going to be in the new Bourne film too..feck sake, it's so going to ruin the film for me thinking about that:(. Oh and I'd dearly love someone to kick Sunita really hard in the a*se. I'd freakin' love to do it:mad::) I dreeeam about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭Alice1

Breathe Ann love, breathe! Don't get yourself upset - it's not good for your digestion you know! Totally agree about Tyrone - he's playing a blinder. Karl & Sunita are doomed - that is just not gonna work out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

Tyrone and Kirsty are both acting their socks off, fair play to them. I thought they would drag the storyline out until Christmas. If I was Tina, I would tell Tyrone that he has to get help for Kirsty as the baby might be at risk. Her post -natal state could be worse.That might shock him into action. Long-term I would like to see Tyrone and Fiz get back together. I love the family group that has built up around Anna and Owen and Tyrone would fit right in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

Why is Ryan like 30?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

That's what drugs do to you. If he keeps at it, he'll look 70 next month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Posy wrote: »
    That's what drugs do to you. If he keeps at it, he'll look 70 next month.

Maybe that explains Nick's premature ageing? He must have been hoovering up a fair few lines of coke in Canada to explain the fact that I'm old enough to remember when his character was born yet he looks OLDER THAN ME!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement