Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Demons Souls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,821 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Is your's definately on the way? I ordered from them on September 26 and now the status has changed to "Backordered with supplier. Awaiting stock arrival"

Same here :( ordered on September 28th so strange his order would be sent ahead of ours.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Emailed then and got a pretty vague and unreassuring reply -

"Most likely the game will be shipped in the next couple of days or so.

We do apologize for the delay."

First time I ever used that site and not really impressed so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

I cant wait to get my copy, need something to entertain me until uncharted 2 shows up. :D
    ordered it from videogameplus, I get all my import stuff from there, they are fast, resonable priced and very reliable, I usually get my package about 2-3 days from there and in perfect nic too. I highly recommend them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

people if your interested in demons souls its on sale on adverts.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Gerbilbert

Hey guys,

I need some help in DS. I beat Phalanx and I am running around in the Nexus. The blind chick says I am supposed to talk to the statue, but I cant figure out where to go. I went up and down the stairs 100 times, went by all the monk children on the walkways, and I am absolutly dumbfounded as to where to go. Could someone please tell me? Thanks so much!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭wayne040576

Yeah I was stuck here for a bit too.

I think the monumental is one of the child statues closest to one of the ends of the row of statues. I can't remember off the top of my head but here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAe7u37ouCk

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Stop at the one with a burning candle in front, that should be the one. Dont forgot to collect the stone of epheral eyes just down from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

The monumental (the monumental is a child not a statue) has lit candles infront of him. If you are playing online you should see notes left by others telling you who to talk to.

Just keep going up the stairs until you get out onto the balcony that overlooks the Nexus, along the walls here are the dead monumentals, and the one living one.

Thank you so much for your help! Now I just need to wait till I get home from work to try it out >_< I made the mistake of attacking people and selling my first demon soul... so I think starting over is in my near future.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Gerbilbert wrote: »
    I made the mistake of attacking people and selling my first demon soul... so I think starting over is in my near future.

Yeah I did that too. If you've pissed off any of the merchants you'll definitely need to restart.

Using up the phalanx demon soul isn't the end of the world. I think I accidentally consumed 2 or 3 of them. Plus you'll get the chance to get them all back in New Game +1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,183 ✭✭✭✭noodler

tonydude wrote: »
    people if your interested in demons souls its on sale on adverts.ie

And who would be selling that do you know?

The people I attacked was the blind chick and the guy who sits on the stoop by the "pool". The first guy you talk to in the Nexus. Hes not a merchant. If hes not going to matter then Ill just keep playing. The blind chick doesnt seem to care, must be emo >_>

Is the Deluxe edition important?

Gerbilbert wrote: »
    The people I attacked was the blind chick and the guy who sits on the stoop by the "pool". The first guy you talk to in the Nexus. Hes not a merchant. If hes not going to matter then Ill just keep playing. The blind chick doesnt seem to care, must be emo >_>

You're lucky they're about the only characters that don't matter if you attack, altho killing the guy by the step will drive your soul tendency towards black.

You get nothing great from the phalanx demons soul, just the scraping spear which is only good against others players and the weapons trophy. go to the demons souls wiki and look up the demon souls section to see what you can get from each demon.

the guide in the deluxe edition is meant to be pretty good, altho with the net there's no real need for guides anymore.

BTW anyone around soul lvl 160 or 235 and has the maxed pulpstone(fatal) weapon contact me, i'm stuck on 98% and its the last trophy i need.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Got my US Limited edition today. So pretty!

Starting all over again as a Royal, currently at SL 19 or thereabouts. If anyone else is playing the US version hit me up for some co-op goodness. ID: Slurms

(can't believe I've bought this game twice now!)

Much if any of a difference?

Couple of translation improvements, that's about it. I was just hankering after all the lovely extras! The guide is awesome actually.

Going through this run as an Assassin build Royal. So I can't upgrade my endurance or vitality, it's gonna be tough!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Starting all over again as a Royal, currently at SL 19 or thereabouts. If anyone else is playing the US version hit me up for some co-op goodness. ID: Slurms

Tempted to double dip for guide and US servers.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jmx009

If anyone else is playing the US version hit me up for some co-op goodness. ID: Slurms

Is that possible in the game?
    I read in a review that you cant invite friends, u are stuck with playing with random people. Is that true? also, I heard that there is no means of communicating with other players apart from a few hand gestures.

Also, where did you order the limited edition from? how much did u pay and how long did it take for u to get the limited edition?
    I dont have this game but i am planning to get it .
    Thanks in advance.

I got it from VG+ and it took 4 days to get to me. Think I paid 60 euro altogether.

You can co-op by organising with a friend to start in a certain world and then one of you drops their blue eye stone, then the person in Body form finds the soul sign and, bam, it's co-op time!

And Gummy, do double dip. Totally worth it for the lovely limited edition embossed box!

• Advertisement

And Gummy, do double dip. Totally worth it for the lovely limited edition embossed box!

Damn you!!!!

I double dipped just there. Its your fault and Pete Dorr's

Should I wait for a possible EU release...

I got it from VG+ and it took 4 days to get to me. Think I paid 60 euro altogether.

You can co-op by organising with a friend to start in a certain world and then one of you drops their blue eye stone, then the person in Body form finds the soul sign and, bam, it's co-op time!

I did the same thing and ordered the deluxe edition from vg+ (I know, sad). The save files from the asian version are not supposed to be compatible with the US version but does loading the US version on your PS3 do any damage to the Asian save files?

Oh and I'm on my NG+ run through now. Big jump in difficulty. I wasn't expecting to get killed with one hit from a Fat minister on 2-2 or the blue eyed knights.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,821 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Still waiting on axelmusic to send it, very disappointed with them.

noodler wrote: »
    Should I wait for a possible EU release...

Nope. Atlus don't publish in EU. They use Square Enix (or Ghostlight in the past) and i can't imagine it happening anything soon if they haven't even planned a release of their psp persona game in EU.

VGP charge around €60 for deluxe. I can guarantee Gamestop will charge that for regular version.

VGP charge around €60 for deluxe. I can guarantee Gamestop will charge that for regular version.

To be honest, I dont think the games is even going to come to gamestop. I have only seen games that are officially released in europe being stocked in retail stores.
    Since there is no european release, i seriously doubt if the retailers will stock games like demon soul and the new god of war collection

jmx009 wrote: »
    To be honest, I dont think the games is even going to come to gamestop. I have only seen games that are officially released in europe being stocked in retail stores.
    Since there is no european release, i seriously doubt if the retailers will stock games like demon soul and the new god of war collection

erm.. I never said they'd sell the US version (They can't anyway). I meant if Atlus ever partnered with anyone in Europe to publish it, Gamestop would probably charge for regular edition as much as it is to import the Deluxe Edition from VGP.

erm.. I never said they'd sell the US version (They can't anyway). I meant if Atlus ever partnered with anyone in Europe to publish it, Gamestop would probably charge for regular edition as much as it is to import the Deluxe Edition from VGP.

Ohh my bad .....

• Advertisement

BTW a restoring on a new console will lose you your DS saves.

Very tempted on the yank version, i have definate buyer for my asian copy. anyway i've heard of it happen with asian version of games and euro\us, can the trophies be get again on the US version?

No longer, just ordered it, gahh!!

Advertisement