Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Demons Souls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Yeah you get the trophies all over again.

I've taken down 1-1 and 2-1. Never had a magic using character before so it still feels really fresh!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

The kris knfe at the end of 2-1 is very handy for a magic user, boosts your magic but lowers magic defense(does'nt really matter as there's few magic using enemies). It also stacks up with the ring of magical sharpness.

I need to do 3-1 to get the Clever Rat's ring, and that'll always be equipped. The build I'm using is a low vitality so I'm trying to keep it under 30% in order to get the attack boost.

Just need a bow for when my spells aren't in range.

If you're not bothering with strength or dex go with the lava bow(any bow+7 with spider demons soul(ignite is a waste of 2 magic slots)), it has a high start off damage but once you get dex and strength up, the vicious compound bow easily beats it. Morion blade with the clever rats is lethal. If you've a female build, 3-1 has the silver bracelet too, 20% more souls and stacks with ring of avarice and thirst.

Once i get the US version must meet up with ya, got leveling up down to a tee in the game so should'n take long.

If you're not bothering with strength or dex go with the lava bow(any bow+7 with spider demons soul(ignite is a waste of 2 magic slots)), it has a high start off damage but once you get dex and strength up, the vicious compound bow easily beats it. Morion blade with the clever rats is lethal. If you've a female build, 3-1 has the silver bracelet too, 20% more souls and stacks with ring of avarice and thirst.

Once i get the US version must meet up with ya, got leveling up down to a tee in the game so should'n take long.

My strength is going to 22 and dex to 30. Need it for the Purple Flame Shield and Moon Winged Spear +5. Poke and runaway, then cast magic!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

I just beat 1-1 :D, that part with the dragon was annoying.
    are you supposed to go to 1-2, or 2-1 next?:confused:

I always do all the x-1 worlds first, the x-2 ones can be pretty tough.

Level up a bit first, get some stones and bump up your weapons, 2-1 should be next(get a stabbing weapon for world 2, spears good), if you did'nt like the draon in 1-1 then you'll hate 1-2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭wayne040576

I'm on NG+ at the moment. Beat 1-1 and 1-2. I think I screwed up my levelling because blocking a hit pretty much removes all of my stamina. I went to 4-1 and couldn't touch the skeletons this time round. 1 some times 2 blocked hits knocks me back then the follow up kills me.

I got my US version the other day. The book is very nice although in places it looks like they copied straight from the english wiki.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

My US copy was shipped yesterday. Now to play the waiting game.

• Advertisement

From VG+ too?, i'm praying they stick to their 3 day delivery record. altho uncharted 2 will keep me going.

My copy came in 4 days. Although I have waited 2 weeks for delivery from them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

From VG+ too?, i'm praying they stick to their 3 day delivery record. altho uncharted 2 will keep me going.

3 days? usually takes a week for me from VG+.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Comeone please link me the best place to buy this?
    Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

jayteecork wrote: »
    Comeone please link me the best place to buy this?
    Cheers.

http://www.videogamesplus.ca/product_info.php?cPath=486_494&products_id=15657

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Just ordered mine from VG+. Should keep me going until I pick up uncharted for christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭atat23

Just ordered mine from VG+. Should keep me going until I pick up uncharted for christmas.

yeah same here, ordered it about 30 mins ago along with Afrika, never ordered anything from them though so I wonder what the delivery time is?

I expect it might be a bit of a wait since it's coming all the way from canada, still though, even with shipping it's still a good bit cheaper than what a new game in ireland costs, such a rip off around here :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭Ziggurat

Guys, I have to ask: is this a grindan game for grindan people? I like a good dungeon crawl as much as the next person but years of WoW have...decreased my tolerance for such grinds.

Otherwise this looks like a great game and I'm very, very tempted to buy it.

Had one of those 'Demon's Souls' moments while playing last night:

So there I am going through 1-3 when all of a sudden I get the dreaded message: A Black Phantom has invaded! ****! So I run to a strategic position, at the top of the stairs where all the assassins hide, knowing that I've not unlocked the portcullis and that BP will have to run up those stairs.

I hastily equip the Graverobbers Ring and the Ring of Sincere Prayer, ready my Talisman of God (still need to get world 2 to Black Tendency so Scirvir can drop the Talisman of Beasts), and hope for the best.

All of a sudden I see him! Big, bruising and with a dirty great big two handed sword. One hit and I know I'm done from that (remember I've not touched my vitality at all). Nervously watching him approach, noting that he seems to be checking all the hidden spots expecting an ambush, I begin to worry...

He gets closer and closer, sprinting now. Time is limited, so I let loose. My royal begins to chant and just as the BP rounds the corner and spots me, Wrath of God hits him full blast! He's floored but has a small amount of health remaining. I summon up the emote menu, bow, then finish him off with my spear. Felt so great! You invaded the wrong game bitch!
    but then 5 mins later I was killed by a flaming boulder!

/\ You posted that on eurogamer :D

• Advertisement

ShaneU wrote: »
    /\ You posted that on eurogamer :D

Aye I did but I wanted to share it with everyone, cos I'm so proud innit!

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Vorrtexx

atat23 wrote: »
    yeah same here, ordered it about 30 mins ago along with Afrika, never ordered anything from them though so I wonder what the delivery time is?

I expect it might be a bit of a wait since it's coming all the way from canada, still though, even with shipping it's still a good bit cheaper than what a new game in ireland costs, such a rip off around here :mad:

Their shipping times are generally quite good. 3 - 4 working days usually.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

So tell me about the Net functions of the game.

I hear users can leave tips for other people and whatnot.

Is being connected to the net essential for this title?

This should tell you everything http://www.atlus.com/mediawiki/index.php/Online

Basically if you play offline, you won't be able to summon people to your game, see hints people leave, or see the bloodstains that show how people died.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Cold|Fusion

ShaneU, did axelmusic get your copy to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jmx009

Had one of those 'Demon's Souls' moments while playing last night:

So there I am going through 1-3 when all of a sudden I get the dreaded message: A Black Phantom has invaded! ****! So I run to a strategic position, at the top of the stairs where all the assassins hide, knowing that I've not unlocked the portcullis and that BP will have to run up those stairs.

I hastily equip the Graverobbers Ring and the Ring of Sincere Prayer, ready my Talisman of God (still need to get world 2 to Black Tendency so Scirvir can drop the Talisman of Beasts), and hope for the best.

All of a sudden I see him! Big, bruising and with a dirty great big two handed sword. One hit and I know I'm done from that (remember I've not touched my vitality at all). Nervously watching him approach, noting that he seems to be checking all the hidden spots expecting an ambush, I begin to worry...

He gets closer and closer, sprinting now. Time is limited, so I let loose. My royal begins to chant and just as the BP rounds the corner and spots me, Wrath of God hits him full blast! He's floored but has a small amount of health remaining. I summon up the emote menu, bow, then finish him off with my spear. Felt so great! You invaded the wrong game bitch!
    but then 5 mins later I was killed by a flaming boulder!

I dont have the game but that made me want to have it. !!

ShaneU, did axelmusic get your copy to you?

nope, they cancelled a week after release date, said Atlus didn't live up to their promise and they weren't getting any more deluxe editions back in stock. If I ordered from VG+ I'd have the game by now

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Cold|Fusion

That sucks man, I ordered from there upon your recommedation of them and I received the game last Tuesday.

C|F

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,813 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's not essential but you are totally missing out if you don't. It's weird but lets just say that it's mainly a singleplayer game and the online functions enhance the single player experience like nothing else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Is this out in Ireland yet or due for release? Seems interesting, but I'm going to play through what I have so I can wait.

Advertisement