Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Demons Souls

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,823 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

chrislad wrote: »
    Is this out in Ireland yet or due for release? Seems interesting, but I'm going to play through what I have so I can wait.
    It doesn't have a publisher in Europe so it's not coming out here until that happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Had one of those 'Demon's Souls' moments while playing last night:

So there I am going through 1-3 when all of a sudden I get the dreaded message: A Black Phantom has invaded! ****! So I run to a strategic position, at the top of the stairs where all the assassins hide, knowing that I've not unlocked the portcullis and that BP will have to run up those stairs.

I hastily equip the Graverobbers Ring and the Ring of Sincere Prayer, ready my Talisman of God (still need to get world 2 to Black Tendency so Scirvir can drop the Talisman of Beasts), and hope for the best.

All of a sudden I see him! Big, bruising and with a dirty great big two handed sword. One hit and I know I'm done from that (remember I've not touched my vitality at all). Nervously watching him approach, noting that he seems to be checking all the hidden spots expecting an ambush, I begin to worry...

He gets closer and closer, sprinting now. Time is limited, so I let loose. My royal begins to chant and just as the BP rounds the corner and spots me, Wrath of God hits him full blast! He's floored but has a small amount of health remaining. I summon up the emote menu, bow, then finish him off with my spear. Felt so great! You invaded the wrong game bitch!
    but then 5 mins later I was killed by a flaming boulder!

awesome!!

So which class is the best for ganking? :P

EDIT: who is using Triple Tags and why are they asking me for login details?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Well I'm using a royal but it's not great for PvP cos my vitality is so low. If I can surprise someone I can destroy em with my AoE spells but in a one on one slugfest I'd lose eventually!

Royal's make the game a bit easier cos you can completely customise them as they start at soul level 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Well finally got my plat today. The pulpsonte one is up there with the bladestone one.

As online is it necessary, no it is'nt but it really adds to the game. I'm really getting into the summoning\being summoned side of it. I'm winning about 4 out of 5 against invaders, more like 2 out of 5 when invade. For starters i'd stick to offline until you get the feel, as a noob you'll get creamed.

Looking forward to destroying some yanks when i get my US copy this week.

and zapp its defo a new set of trophies for the US version?

Yeah I've been earning them all over again, so I have 2 maneater trophies etc.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,154 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Cool, deluxe edition just arrived in the post from VG+, wasn't expecting the art book and soundtrack cd so that was a nice surprise. On top of the good reviews the game got, I think Zapp's infectious enthusiasm persuaded me to get it, so cheers Zapp! :)

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Cool, deluxe edition just arrived in the post from VG+, wasn't expecting the art book and soundtrack cd so that was a nice surprise. On top of the good reviews the game got, I think Zapp's infectious enthusiasm persuaded me to get it, so cheers Zapp! :)

Ha job well done! Enjoy the game!

Game was sent on Wednesday and it arrived this morning from VG+ :G

I only died twice on the first level, someone left a message saying "there's treasure ahead" and as I run towards it a dragon roasts me :D The second time was just not guarding properly against the boss. I don't think it's as hard as people are saying.

ShaneU wrote: »
    Game was sent on Wednesday and it arrived this morning from VG+ :G

I only died twice on the first level, someone left a message saying "there's treasure ahead" and as I run towards it a dragon roasts me :D The second time was just not guarding properly against the boss. I don't think it's as hard as people are saying.

Yeah especially in the first level...

Don't worry you'll learn to appreciate the games absolute bastardness! I'm thinking of running towards the boss in 3-1, that was my first 'it's just not fair' moment.

And after posting that I die to the bosses in 1-2 and 2-1 :D It's close to impossible to beat the boss in 2-1 without ranged weapons (which I didn't have)

• Advertisement

Got my copy today. Lovely box art and the guide is great.

Zapp, I'm glad you hyped me up to double dip.

Got it yesterday too, there's definately alot more soul signs around and i got to get an unchitana, every bloody invader has one.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭atat23

gah, have to stop reading these threads till I get my copy, getting way to hyped for it, especially reading stories like Zapps!

I was victom of the best\worst invasion the other night, i invaded world 3-2 started running and in one of the towers i saw an item glowing. Went over to investigate, picked it up it was only a soul remain next thing i knew i was falling to my death. The player placed it at the ledge, had the thief and graverobbers ring, hid and basically meatclevered me off of the edge while i was checking out the item. Had to message and congratulate him on an ingenious idea.

I'm thinking of trying Assassin build as my US character. It seems to rely on Hyper mode according to the strat guide. Could be fun :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,995 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

i have the korean version, can i interact with the us version ? have only play 3 adn a half hours so far but have got fried by the dragon on the bridge a few times :( also the knight i talked to in 1-1 got killed ! i was meant to find something else after opening the short cut besidees the ring, but could see nothing at the shortcut. am using the royal, really like the game but am getting a bit frustrated

Nope unfortunately you can't join any of the US games\players. You're best off running around 1-1 for a while, killing the knights and gathering souls and level up a bit.

I'm thinking of trying Assassin build as my US character. It seems to rely on Hyper mode according to the strat guide. Could be fun :D

That's what I'm doing. It actually is surprisingly doable, you really learn to roll like a maniac to avoid attacks, and it makes you think carefully before confronting any enemies.

Guys add me up so we can help each other out, I'm at SL:72 so you's have a bit of a ways to go! My id is Slurms

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Damnit guys, stop making it sound so damn appealing!

tman wrote: »
    Damnit guys, stop making it sound so damn appealing!

You know you want it. The world would be a better place if people just gave in and bought Demon's Souls.

• Advertisement

I was victom of the best\worst invasion the other night, i invaded world 3-2 started running and in one of the towers i saw an item glowing. Went over to investigate, picked it up it was only a soul remain next thing i knew i was falling to my death. The player placed it at the ledge, had the thief and graverobbers ring, hid and basically meatclevered me off of the edge while i was checking out the item. Had to message and congratulate him on an ingenious idea.

awesome! :eek:

I'm dying to get this game, is ebay my best bet to get it? Or is there a better site for it?

VG+ is your best bet. Cheap and 3-4 days delivery. Just go for the regular edition you could be waiting for the deluxe.

Checking on the d souls gamesfaq board, apparently atlus did'nt anticipate the sales and are doing their best to put out more copies.

Oh yeah forgot to menion i beat the training level boss this time, vanguard, it was kinda cool, the ores starting off were handy.

Yeah get in there fast, I ordered from VG+ last friday just heard that it arrived today!

If fecking arrived with uncharted 2 and brutal legend though, thank christ for the bank holiday weekend!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Quyxat

Ebay let me down so no DS for me over the bank holiday weekend :( Would anyone in the area of Cork be willing to part from it? Would be interested in buying.

Tks,
    Quyxat

I don't think this is allowed as such, but i taught it would be an exception since it isn't available here??

....but i'm selling my copy, not my cup of tea, i could take the constant re-starting if at the least you kept your souls but natural progression can take a back seat at times so i packed it in when FIFA 10 came

Anyway i have it on adverts

• Registered Users Posts: 26,249 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Its just under 45e on Videogamesplus + postage if people are prepared to wait.

Deluxe edition gone, knew I shouldn't have waited.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Quyxat

Tons of thanks to 2smiggy! Playing the asian version since yesterday and worth every cent. The only downside is that this game is an absolute timesink.

The atmosphere is simply amazing and the freedom to do anything you want with your character makes it very appealing to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 ChrisBrady

Just ordered the delux edition off VG+ for about €65!
    I should be happy to learn that DS lives up to the reputation set here, yes?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,858 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Yes

Advertisement