Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rory Bates medium clonmel - please read admin warning post #307

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Well I don't know where to even start! As I mentioned in an earlier post I had left a message on Rory Bates' phone last week, and on Thursday he rang me back to say he had a cancellation for 6pm on Friday evening. I said that was fine and he asked me to text him for directions on Friday morning.

On Friday at about 12.00pm I sent a text saying I had an appointment that evening at 6 and was just texting for directions as he'd asked. I heard nothing back. I live about 2 hours away from Clonmel, so needed to be leaving by about 4pm in order to get there on time. When I still hadn't heard anything back by 4pm, I rang him and left a message saying that I needed to leave now and could I get directions please?
    I didn't know what to do, but decided to head there anyway and hoped he'd get back to me. My friend was actually driving, so we set off about 4pm. I received a text with directions at 5.20pm. I arrived over there at about 5.50pm and just as we parked, I got another text saying he was running late and it would be about another half an hour. He finally turned up at 6.55pm, almost an hour late.

My friend was starving so she decided that she'd go back down to Clonmel to get something to eat, and she'd be back in an hour. That was fine so he called me in and she headed off.

I went in and he didn't seem to have a clue who I was. Asked me if I was his 6pm appointment, and told me he's been "stuck in traffic".

I sat down anyway, shuffled the cards etc and he laid them out. He said to me if he asked me any questions just to answer "Yes or No". I wasn't going to tell him anything anyway, because as far as I was concerned, he was there to tell me stuff.
    So he laid the cards out and then ASKED me was I in a long term relationship? I wasn't going to tell him whether I was or not, and he started to get a bit annoyed. He made me shuffle the cards and picked again, and then a third time. He asked me why I'd come and Ii just said for a general reading and he said people don't come for a general reading, they come because they want an answer to something specific and was there something? He's supposed to be the one telling me that, not the other way around.
    He was obviously annoyed with me because I wouldn't tell him anything, so he told me he couldn't read me and before I knew what was happening, had stood up and ushered me out the door. I was in there for about ten minutes in total.

It was cold and raining and as he'd seen my friend drive off, he knew I was going to have to stand outside until she could come back. I rang her and she was just getting something to eat. She came back for me as quickly as she could, but I was standing out there for about 15 minutes.

I got back home at nearly 9.30pm that night, having left at 4pm. So 5 1/2 hours to see someone who turned up and hour late and then spoke to me for about ten minutes. What an absolute waste.

Words cannot express how ANGRY I am over this. As it happens I did go to see him because of a specific thing in my life, but he's the "psychic". He's supposed to tell me stuff, not the other way around.

I certainly won't be recommending him to anyone!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 76 ✭✭Patsprat

sorry to hear that
    I myself had a very good experience
    but I think there's an upside he didn't charge you(I hope)
    but I think he did know who you were as you where the appointment that he text less than one hour before.
    well better luck with the next reader,
    again sorry for your crap day :(:(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Patsprat wrote: »
    but I think there's an upside he didn't charge you(I hope)

I know what I've have told him if he had!

I found him to be a gent

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Cloran

ive been trying to contact him 4 a few days with no luck . ive left messages en am wondering should I call any more? dont want 2 b a stalker!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Cloran

Got a reply from Rory! appointment next week! Cant wait :-)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 73 ✭✭James DD

Cloran wrote: »
    Got a reply from Rory! appointment next week! Cant wait :-)
    Best of luck he is brilliant go with an open mind :);)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 scallywaggle99

Has anyone been to Rory Bates recently as i have tried to make an appointment and he is not answering or replying to message?>

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 194 ✭✭D.Campbell

Has anyone been to Rory Bates recently as i have tried to make an appointment and he is not answering or replying to message?>
    From the past posts it looks like he is one busy lad, but he is a gent he will eventually reply

• Registered Users Posts: 2 said so

Been to Rory last year and I found him to be very good. Just wondering how long people leave it before going to him again. Would a year be too little of a gap between readings?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 doljock

said so wrote: »
    Been to Rory last year and I found him to be very good. Just wondering how long people leave it before going to him again. Would a year be too little of a gap between readings?

Hi , most ppl say every 6 months as that's how often our path tends to change

• Registered Users Posts: 2 maxfort123

I'm going to him next week. Can't wait now. I been to him 3 years ago and I found him very good back then so fingers crossed.:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭MrMojoRisin

maxfort123 wrote: »
    I'm going to him next week. Can't wait now. I been to him 3 years ago and I found him very good back then so fingers crossed.:-)

maxfort123 -- Nice one. Let us know how it goes for you this time. I've only seen Rory once myself (in 2010), but I found him very good and spot-on with several predictions so far.

As hard as it was to get hold of the man, and get him in the room to do the actual reading (he was late - not untypical of him, so I've heard!), when he was there, he gave us plenty of time and elaborated as much as he could on each detail he provided. It was time and money well spent, IMO.

Good luck. :)

maxfort123 -- Nice one. Let us know how it goes for you this time. I've only seen Rory once myself (in 2010), but I found him very good and spot-on with several predictions so far.

As hard as it was to get hold of the man, and get him in the room to do the actual reading (he was late - not untypical of him, so I've heard!), when he was there, he gave us plenty of time and elaborated as much as he could on each detail he provided. It was time and money well spent, IMO.

Good luck. :)
    MrMojoRisin what do you think of his timing ?
    Personally some dead on others a bit out, are you the same or is it me ?
    I dont believe somethings change in your path that fast i.e 6months as he read me for 5years which is a lot, but they were big predictions and over the years are materializing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 maxfort123

I have just been to see him. He was late but I was late as well.:) I thought he was great. Spot on with loads of things. He does ask a good few questions throughout. I went in with an open mind and found him great. He told me all about my current job and all the changes. He was believable. I wanted my dad to come through for the mediumship but he said 16 years was a bit too long for him to contact him. I didn't mind. Overall very happy.

maxfort123 wrote: »
    I have just been to see him. He was late but I was late as well.:) I thought he was great. Spot on with loads of things. He does ask a good few questions throughout. I went in with an open mind and found him great. He told me all about my current job and all the changes. He was believable. I wanted my dad to come through for the mediumship but he said 16 years was a bit too long for him to contact him. I didn't mind. Overall very happy.
    That's fantastic you got a great reading, although with your father I would just think he wasn't coming in because it wasn't just to be, the time limit isn't relative.
    Rory is one of the best for sure, hope all the good predictions come to pass for you ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 said so

Was in contact with Rory and he said a year between readings is too little. So I will have to wait until next year to get another reading from him.
    Not too bothered by it. He is the best I have been to and I have a lot of faith in his predictions.

Was in contact with Rory and he said a year between readings is too little. So I will have to wait until next year to get another reading from him.
    Not too bothered by it. He is the best I have been to and I have a lot of faith in his predictions.
    Thinking back now Rory did tell me a few things that was many years away into my future so he can reach that far.

pity I would love to go back most has happened.
    This seems to be a quite time of year on this subject :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 9 eleda21

Can someone PM me Rorys number please, I've tried to contact him using the number on the paranormal website but have had no reply yet, its been over a week since I text.

Thanks,

• Advertisement

eleda21 wrote: »
    Can someone PM me Rorys number please, I've tried to contact him using the number on the paranormal website but have had no reply yet, its been over a week since I text.

Thanks,
    I will send you the phone number by PM but he is busy and people are waiting as my friends are but when he will ring you or text its for an appointment within two weeks I have noticed

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭fionav3

Hi. I was just wondering if someone would mind PM'ing me Rory's number please? I'm fairly certain the number I have for him is no longer in service (went to see him five years ago and found him excellent). Any help would be much appreciated. :)

fionav3 wrote: »
    Hi. I was just wondering if someone would mind PM'ing me Rory's number please? I'm fairly certain the number I have for him is no longer in service (went to see him five years ago and found him excellent). Any help would be much appreciated. :)
    Fiona you changed your mind about him then, did he prove himself :)
    I will pm the number on to you no probs but to be honest I would never go again much to scary for me he is just to good mad as it sounds :D

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭fionav3

D.Campbell wrote: »
    Fiona you changed your mind about him then, did he prove himself :)
    I will pm the number on to you no probs but to be honest I would never go again much to scary for me he is just to good mad as it sounds :D

I did. He didn't tell me what I wanted to hear at the time, but he was so right. Just goes to show that even us doubters can be proved wrong. :)

fionav3 wrote: »
    Please let us know how you get on, my friend is waiting three weeks now gather he is a busy man.
    Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 1 niamhoc87

I went to see Rory last weekend and i have to say he was amazing.....and yes he was late showing up :)

I went not knowing what to expect and he shocked me.

I had my tarot reading first and he was able to tell me things about my past that only my family are aware of, i have to say i was stunned with the level of detail he had. He went into detail about a new relationship i will be in by the end of the year, even gave me a brief description of the person i am going to meet, he spoke about my job, my family, my life, how i am financially, children, friends.......some information was a little upsetting but i was asked at the beginning if i wanted to be told everything and I said yes, but all in all, the information i recived from him was brilliant.

Then he moved on to see if he could communicate with my grandmother. My grandmother pased away in October 2013 and he was able to describe exactly what she looked like, he mentioned her sisters names who passed away a few years ago, he was able to tell me her sons name (my dad), he told me about the day she passed away and he was able to tell me who was sitting around her hospital bed as she passed away and how happy she was that she got to see us all before she dies, he told me things about her that only I would know, he mentioned my brothers birthday and that my nan was acknowledging his birthday as she has missed it. I have a ring belonging to my grandmother that i took after she passed away.....and Rory was able to tell me that my grandmother is happy that i have the ring and she wants me to get it sized up to fit my finger and she would love me to wear it......nobody knows i have the ring so i was amazed. He brought me such comfort in knowing that my nan is happy and surrounded with her family and her mother who she missed terribly :)

I have to say, he was worth it, and he brought me such closure. I would definitely recommend him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭GoodLord

Well I don't know where to even start! As I mentioned in an earlier post I had left a message on Rory Bates' phone last week, and on Thursday he rang me back to say he had a cancellation for 6pm on Friday evening. I said that was fine and he asked me to text him for directions on Friday morning.

On Friday at about 12.00pm I sent a text saying I had an appointment that evening at 6 and was just texting for directions as he'd asked. I heard nothing back. I live about 2 hours away from Clonmel, so needed to be leaving by about 4pm in order to get there on time. When I still hadn't heard anything back by 4pm, I rang him and left a message saying that I needed to leave now and could I get directions please?
    I didn't know what to do, but decided to head there anyway and hoped he'd get back to me. My friend was actually driving, so we set off about 4pm. I received a text with directions at 5.20pm. I arrived over there at about 5.50pm and just as we parked, I got another text saying he was running late and it would be about another half an hour. He finally turned up at 6.55pm, almost an hour late.

My friend was starving so she decided that she'd go back down to Clonmel to get something to eat, and she'd be back in an hour. That was fine so he called me in and she headed off.

I went in and he didn't seem to have a clue who I was. Asked me if I was his 6pm appointment, and told me he's been "stuck in traffic".

I sat down anyway, shuffled the cards etc and he laid them out. He said to me if he asked me any questions just to answer "Yes or No". I wasn't going to tell him anything anyway, because as far as I was concerned, he was there to tell me stuff.
    So he laid the cards out and then ASKED me was I in a long term relationship? I wasn't going to tell him whether I was or not, and he started to get a bit annoyed. He made me shuffle the cards and picked again, and then a third time. He asked me why I'd come and Ii just said for a general reading and he said people don't come for a general reading, they come because they want an answer to something specific and was there something? He's supposed to be the one telling me that, not the other way around.
    He was obviously annoyed with me because I wouldn't tell him anything, so he told me he couldn't read me and before I knew what was happening, had stood up and ushered me out the door. I was in there for about ten minutes in total.

It was cold and raining and as he'd seen my friend drive off, he knew I was going to have to stand outside until she could come back. I rang her and she was just getting something to eat. She came back for me as quickly as she could, but I was standing out there for about 15 minutes.

I got back home at nearly 9.30pm that night, having left at 4pm. So 5 1/2 hours to see someone who turned up and hour late and then spoke to me for about ten minutes. What an absolute waste.

Words cannot express how ANGRY I am over this. As it happens I did go to see him because of a specific thing in my life, but he's the "psychic". He's supposed to tell me stuff, not the other way around.

I certainly won't be recommending him to anyone!
    shows how 'psychic' he is

GoodLord wrote: »
    shows how 'psychic' he is
    He is excellent, just because he got one or two bad reviews doesn't make him deemed useless also amazing how you ignored the excellent posts and picked up on the one negative , hmmm maybe you just didnt have anything to do at near midnight haha
    oh just saw your past posts on the Clonmel thread so your from there do you know him by any chance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭GoodLord

Patsprat wrote: »
    He is excellent, just because he got one or two bad reviews doesn't make him deemed useless also amazing how you ignored the excellent posts and picked up on the one negative , hmmm maybe you just didnt have anything to do at near midnight haha
    oh just saw your past posts on the Clonmel thread so your from there do you know him by any chance
    one person said he talks and you confirm or deny what he says. So by doingthat you are giving him tips for his next 'psychic' prediction

I am not from Clonmel as you would know if you read me on clonmel forum. I do not know him and do not want to.
    hmmm maybe you just didnt have anything to do at near midnight haha
    would no be giving money to a cold reader anyway. you laugh at me and give money to a guesser who needsw you to tell him if he is rightha ha

• Advertisement

GoodLord wrote: »
    one person said he talks and you confirm or deny what he says. So by doingthat you are giving him tips for his next 'psychic' prediction

I am not from Clonmel as you would know if you read me on clonmel forum. I do not know him and do not want to.

would no be giving money to a cold reader anyway. you laugh at me and give money to a guesser who needsw you to tell him if he is rightha ha
    I never gave him information of any description we are not all fools and your suggestion that we cant live without your judgement or advise,to be honest it says more about you than the clients his man gets.
    Once more your on the wrong thread

Advertisement