Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Big Bang Theory

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

lovinit wrote: »
    I love this show :D I think it appeals to alot of people. Howard is my absolute favourite character. Kaley Cuoco is a brilliant actress as well, seen her in Charmed and 8 Simple rules as well, really good in them shows as well.

The word 'brilliant' is used far too loosely these days.

She's good to look at with the sound down.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

I'd agree based on her work to date that "brilliant actress" is overstated. She is good in what she does, or has done to date....which in acting terns is rather limited based on the roles she has taken on/been offered.

For roles like 8 Simple Rules and Big Bang she does what she does well...but until she does more challenging roles it's hard to say if she's "brilliant".

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Well she did "drama" in season 8 of Charmed - not much scope for comedy there. Easy on the eye, but hardly a great actress.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

Its an awful show,I hate the way its all like ''oh we are geeks we cant talk too girls...Memory sticks,Halo,awkwardness,Star Trek,Science,LAN parties''.And thats the stereotyping of 10 minutes in one show!

I wouldnt mind if it was even funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Mr E wrote: »
    Well she did "drama" in season 8 of Charmed - not much scope for comedy there. Easy on the eye, but hardly a great actress.

How to look confused when something interesting happens? or when something changes? or when some is being sarcastic? or when some is being sad? or when you are trying to think? or when you are sad? The list is endless for the different feelings a confused looking face can give in charmed. :D

That's not a criticism of TBBT, it is of Charmed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Hartyk87

Knock knock "Penny"

Knock knock "Sheldon"

Knock knock "Penny"

Knock knock knock "Sheldon"

Knock knock "Penny"

Sheldon: I need access to the cheese factorys walk in freezer.

Gotta love it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

i think she quite good a hot sitcom girl

Hartyk87 wrote: »
    Knock knock "Penny"

Knock knock "Sheldon"

Knock knock "Penny"

Knock knock "Penny"

Sheldon: I need access to the cheese factorys walk in freezer.

Gotta love it!!

That was awesome! :D ...the confused look on Sheldon's face was ace! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I think TBBT appeals to more people then alot of other shows on tv.

That's exactly what surprised me, that so many actually think it's funny. I found it to be full of typical nerd stereotyping, and the associated jokes you'd expect to go along with that. Having seen several episodes, I think I might have laughed once or twice in each one. It isn't for me, I know that, but it does surprise me that it's so popular.

But then, I also think that My Name is Earl and The Mighty Boosh are as unfunny as a dead fish. Yet the seem quite popular...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭lovinit

OK I admit she is not a brilliant actress:pac:, I meant she is a really good comedy actress, happy:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

lovinit wrote: »
    OK I admit she is not a brilliant actress:pac:, I meant she is a really good comedy actress, happy:p

Comic actresses are really good, she isn't a great comic actress. You need comic timing perhaps she has it I didn't notice TBH. I am only defending comic actresses/actors.

I think what we mean is...in terms of the characters she's played and the material she has to work with....she's good at what she does. But i suspect those characters she plays (Penny) are close to who Cuoco is in real life, as such it's not a huge (acting) stretch her her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭nitrogen

I would have to go with mediocre, I like and loath areas of it.

It's idiotic stereotyping of unrealistic characters, dumbing down the humour for a more mainstream American audience and over using unoriginal story-lines that prop up in every dire American sitcom. To top it off, the most annoying aspect is its outdated over-the-top laughter track.

Despite all that, the geek in me identifies a little with and likes Sheldon. Watching him makes me understand how weird I am. He's a slightly eccentric alien specimen, but a well written character in an outdated 90s style sitcom.

TBBT as a whole has more potential, but because of what I said above, it just peaks its head above the average sitcom and if you're geek, you might enjoy it. Nevertheless its no where near the true giants of this decade that have reinvented comedy - Curb Your Enthusiasm, Peep Show, Flight of the Concords.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I think this show is awesome!!

While I agree Sheldon is the best character, he's VERY closely followed by wollowitz, who I think gets the best laughs.

That PMS thing where he strips off his shirt was hilarious!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Bedsit Bob

Elmo wrote: »
    Only posting this because it think it is possible the worst Sit-com on the TV at the moment.

Totally disagree.

IMO, it's the best sitcom ever.

Got even better when Bernadette and Amy joined.

Advertisement