Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kids - F**K OFF

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭Mr.Lizard

There's a little blond bollix on my road that's a right little $hitbag. The sooner he hits puberty and spends all his time jerking off in his bedroom, the better.

He might just spend the time jerking off on your doorstep.

But I hate kids. They're always running to their mammy and Gardai after I have me way with them :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Agree 100%, where I grew up there was a woman well in her 70's but she had a lot of pride in her garden. If the ball went in there you were terrified cos she was an angry old bat but if you went in and knocked at the door and followed the path to her door and asked her to get it she was fine, however jumping over the wall and getting it yourself would result in the next ball being butchered beyond recognition with a big f**king knife!

If she was alive know, she'd have some scummer kick the s**t out of her, or some scummer and his/her ma/da.

Man the world is gone to ****

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Why are they always so loud? I was never loud, I sat quietly and read. The only time I was loud was inside my house when me and my brothers were beating each other up.

I didn't even like children when I was one, and that was only about a month ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭Mr.Lizard

FYI, 10+ years ago there was also little bollixes who would hop over neighbours walls to get back errant footballs etc. I know because I was one. I remember once even breaking a piece of glass in my neighbours garden and I didn't give a damn beyond "would I get in trouble". The persons property didn't concern me in the slightest.

I have a different attitude now and I realise that if some kid had done that to my house I'd be pissed off too. However it doesn't mean that I still steamroller thru life today with total disregard to other people and their property.

So yeah, there's kids in your area being a bollix. Well they've always been there, the only reason you notice now is because you're on the recieving end of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

the worst ones are the ones that:

position themselves in the middle of the road with their go-cart/bike/pram

see your car coming

make false impression of moving

look you straight in the eyes

and don't f***ing move off the road

if you say anything to them

their scumbag parents want to kill you

nice kids :confused:

• Advertisement

Confab wrote: »
    The world is getting worse as you get older eh? Convenient isn't it?

By your logic your parents generation was better than yours, and their parent's generation were obviously fantastic. Go back another 2000 years and one of them must've been an apostle.

Just a reminder though, humans have been around for about 150,000 years. We should be very, very, very bad indeed in that case. But that's not true in 98% of cases.

You need a sense of perspective. And possibly to move to a better area ;)

Strange, cause the first thing I noticed when I came back to Ireland was the numbers of kids hanging around the towns during school hours. Again, in the evening, I've noticed large numbers of kids being out.. When I was a kid, my parents would have knocked some sense into me if I was out past 9pm. And yet, I met some young teens at 2 am last Saturday when I was walking home.

There is a major change in the manner that children are brought up nowadays compared with ten or fifteen years ago....

e.g. Recently I saw this man (Mid fifties) walking down the street in Athlone, passed three teens (maybe 12-14 year old's), one of which spat on the ground directly in front of him, which actually hit him. The guy didn't do anything, just paused a second, and then walked on. The kids weren't afraid of him, because he couldn't do anything to them. 10 or 15 years ago, if I had done the same, I would have gotten a very public beating and nobody would have cared. The kids have the power these days.. and they know it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

they do be in the garden,

i think you mean they does be.

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bnagrrl

I think some parents want to be their child's best friend and don't discipline or guide them in any way.
    Then there are parents who don't want to give out to their children or deny them things because they want their child to have a "better life" than what they think they had as children.
    Children who have parents like this, who bend to their every want, will end up as miserable adults when they finally realise that the world does not owe them a thing.

It could also be that parents can't seem to publicly discipline (physically) children any more for fears of being accused of assault or such.Also Schools can't touch children for fear of being sued... Physical punishment is on the way out (if its not already gone). Which I say is a shame. I got hit by my parents for being an asshole and I learned not to do it again (at least I was careful that my family wouldn't find out again).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Whatever happened to childhood?
    We're all scared of the kids in our neighboorhood;
    They're not small, charming and harmless,
    They're a violent bunch of bastard little ****s.
    And anyone who looks younger than me
    Makes me check for my wallet, my phone and my keys,
    And I'm tired of being tired out
    Always being on the lookout for thieving gits.

We're all wondering how we ended up so scared;
    We spent ten long years teaching our kids not to care
    And that "there's no such thing as society" anyway,
    And all the rich folks act surprised
    When all sense of community dies,
    But you just closed your eyes to the other sidev Of all the things that she did.
    Thatcher ****ed the kids.

And it seems a little bit rich to me,
    The way the rich only ever talk of charity
    In times like the seventies, the broken down economy
    Meant even the upper tier was needing some help.
    But as soon as things look brighter,
    Yeah the grin gets wider and the grip gets tighter,
    And for every teenage tracksuit mugger
    There's a guy in a suit who wouldn't lift a finger for anybody else.

You've got a generation raised on the welfare state,
    Enjoyed all its benefits and did just great,
    But as soon as they were settled as the richest of the rich,
    They kicked away the ladder, told the rest of us that life's a bitch.
    And it's no surprise that all the ****-ups
    Didn't show up until the kids had grown up.
    But when no one ever smiles or ever helps a stranger,
    Is it any ****ing wonder our society's in danger of collapse?

So all the kids are bastards,
    But don't blame them, yeah, they learn by example.
    Blame the folks who sold the future for the highest bid:
    That's right, Thatcher ****ed the kids.

Frank Turner; Thatcher ****ed the Kids

• Advertisement

It could also be that parents can't seem to publicly discipline (physically) children any more for fears of being accused of assault or such.Also Schools can't touch children for fear of being sued... Physical punishment is on the way out (if its not already gone). Which I say is a shame. I got hit by my parents for being an asshole and I learned not to do it again (at least I was careful that my family wouldn't find out again).

That's very true, people won't be seen to give their child a tap on the back of the legs when they're being little sh*ts and deserve it. :P
    Parents need to cop on, they're doing their children no favours by NOT setting limits.

Oh, I don't want to label all kids as being little ****s. Some of them are really excellent. I guess its the scum that we notice the most..

Oh, I don't want to label all kids as being little ****s. Some of them are really excellent. I guess its the scum that we notice the most..

Oh I didn't intend my post didn't come across as saying this, I know you are not saying all kids are like this, neither am I.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Kids are like shiite.

You can barley stomach your own

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I work in a library and the amount of unsupervised children is astounding. I laughed to myself when one of them ran into a bookshelf.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Ruu wrote: »
    I work in a library and the amount of unsupervised children is astounding. I laughed to myself when one of them ran into a bookshelf.

I hope you said "Sssssh" and pointed to the Quiet sign when he/she started crying.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

javaboy wrote: »
    I hope you said "Sssssh" and pointed to the Quiet sign when he/she started crying.

...or dropped book on contraception beside the parent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Highsider

Blame the parents. If i've said it once i've said it a million times...You need a license for a dog but not a child....go figure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Highsider

Mr.Lizard wrote: »
    FYI, 10+ years ago there was also little bollixes who would hop over neighbours walls to get back errant footballs etc. I know because I was one. I remember once even breaking a piece of glass in my neighbours garden and I didn't give a damn beyond "would I get in trouble". The persons property didn't concern me in the slightest.

I have a different attitude now and I realise that if some kid had done that to my house I'd be pissed off too. However it doesn't mean that I still steamroller thru life today with total disregard to other people and their property.

So yeah, there's kids in your area being a bollix. Well they've always been there, the only reason you notice now is because you're on the recieving end of it.
    Nice thought but the wrong answer. Kids are worse than ever now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭az2wp0sye65487

Glad to see I'm not alone in my hatred for the little people!

Some people were talking about the lack of parents publicly disciplining their children. I was never publicly smacked or shouted at etc. But does anyone remember a 'look' that you'd get from your ma or da... you knew then to stop whatever you were doing!

Actually I was never hit as a child (except a smack, once) but I still feared being in trouble with my folks...

Someone else mentioned teenagers, don't even get me started on these fcukers. If I thought I could get away with it I think I'd have murdered a few of them by now! Geebags!

Anyway, thanks to all who've shared my sentiments.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Pollythene Pam

Yes. As a twelve year old Tax-payer. I am disgusted by your post.
    Somebody ring Joe Duffy...................

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Pollythene Pam

I will say this seriosly though. Teenagers today have it too good. When I was a teenager, I had no money, so I had no cans of royal dutch. And when i did I drak in a field and never bothered anyone else.
    Having said all that, I know there are good young people out there, who are just trying their best.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Glad to see I'm not alone in my hatred for the little people!

Some people were talking about the lack of parents publicly disciplining their children. I was never publicly smacked or shouted at etc. But does anyone remember a 'look' that you'd get from your ma or da... you knew then to stop whatever you were doing!

Actually I was never hit as a child (except a smack, once) but I still feared being in trouble with my folks...

Someone else mentioned teenagers, don't even get me started on these fcukers. If I thought I could get away with it I think I'd have murdered a few of them by now! Geebags!

Anyway, thanks to all who've shared my sentiments.

TBH, its not really hatred... I suppose part of it is fear in a way. Because if I'm jumped by four 16 year old, and do any amount of damage to them even while protecting myself, I'll be the one getting the punishment..

Just about every night I get home around 1-2am, and I usually see groups of teens hanging around. I haven't had any real trouble yet, because my family is fairly well known (And I'm quite tall ;)), but you hear the stories from friends, who you know aren't bull****ting you. You hear the same stories but without the names from neighbours, speaking about little gangs beating up random people just to cause damage. Not even a mugging, just a heavy beating. Now there's groups in a few cars, who drive around looking for someone walking alone, so they can jump out, beat the crap out of you, and then **** off in their car again. Lovely.

And there's very little you can do about it. Sure, defend yourself. But how far does that apply? And for every one you take down, there's another 7 or 8 in each group. And when its after the fact, and people are asking you why you had to punch a 16 year old the same as you would an adult, your desire for self-preservation, won't stand up against this society which seeks to "protect" kids at all costs.

And these changes have been occurring for the last 10 or so years. Gradually, but its gotten a lot worse. TBH, the only countries that I think are worse are the UK cities, and French cities. (haven't lived in the US yet, so can't compare)

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭triseke

I hate the little fcukers. When I was younger I was encouraged by my folks / family / teachers / peers etc. not to be a little bo**ox and to have some respect for adults etc.

Most of the kids where I live are let run wild; they do be in the garden, on the wall, looking in the front window! If you say anything to them they ignore you. When I was younger, if a football went into someone's garden and we'd have to go and get it, we'd be terrified of getting caught!

I was off work one day a while back and I could hear a noise at the front of the house. I opened the front door to find 3 little fcukers standing where we have pebbles, kicking them all over the garden. I roared at them. It didn't even seem to phase them... they just wandered off!!??

Another time, I was out painting the front gates, there were a group of them on the road and they were giving my neighbour's daughter hassle, calling her names etc. - she went in crying, so her mother comes out and gives out to the kids for bullying her daughter. That's the end of it? - NO! - this little bitch runs off and comes back 10 minutes later in her (scumbag) dad's car, he bangs down the neighbour's door and is only short of hitting her before I stopped him...

When I was that age and someone gave out to me I wouldn't open my mouth for fear of being in trouble with my own parents then...

Finally - Have people stopped teaching kids about road safety?!?! They do be standing in the middle of the road looking at you as you're driving towards them. Get the F**K out of my way you little fcuks! Do you not realise a car can hurt you if you get hit?

Damn right. man i hate those little f/uckers. And everyone tells me "oh dont worry, itl be different when you have your own!" Bloody hell it will. any kid of mine whose a little ****/e will get a good belt.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

so...who'd like to be a teacher now?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Got out of the car at the shop today to be asked for money at the door by one of the local kids - little fella only 8 or 9. He knows me to see, because I used to work in said shop. I laughed at him, as you do (cos I'm stingy), and went about my business.

When I got back into the car, didnt the little fecker park himself and his bike right behind the car. I did a loop to try get around him, but he moved back and blocked the only exit while other cars parked and one lad got out not knowing whether to smack the kid or laugh his head off! Was about to get out of the car and do just that when the kid said "ahh you want me to MOVE? OK" - as if pointing, flashing, beeping and cursing don't mean move.

Then on the way home (a 2 minute drive through narrow residential streets) I come accross two kids lazily walking up the road even though there's footpaths on both sides. I couldnt get past so, still a little frustrated, I beeped, opened the door, told them that walking on the road was a really bad idea and left them choking in my crappy car-fumes as they tried to apologise, poor little fellas were scared cos they werent expecting a shouting at! Think 2 adults on the other side of the road thought I was going to kidnap them or something though, got an odd look :P

Anyway, made me glad I'm not a kid in a way, but I kind of miss the sort of crap they can and do get away with/pull. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭heathcliff

oh my god i so agree with u and i have kids, i have to try and drill in to them that the way they see kids behaving is not the way they are allowed to behave i have been corrected by other adults for making my kids say "thank you" saying they don't believe in it ???, all i can say is that its the parents that do the rearing. keep the faith some parents do try!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭cruiser178

Life was easier on kids back in the day.

How hard is it for them these days with a recession and pandemics to worry about, not to mention Limerick
    ahh yes your typical **** for brains bring the limerick thing into it again.w****r!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Tyler MacDurden

I say every Residents' Committee should have one of these:

That'll learn 'em.

Advertisement