Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stupid things that people get offended by.

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭RHRN

Dudess wrote: »
    "Black" - how come it's ok to use the word "white" so? And how come black people are cool with calling themselves "black"?
    segaBOY wrote: »
    People who get offended when you refer to someone of African extraction as Black.

Have heard phrases such as "African American" being used to refer to a black person living in Ireland who incidentally was Kenyan and not American. Thought is was ignorantly amusing.

Baa baa African-American sheep...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Which claim, the first or the second?

The second I can assure you is true, the first I've never heard of.

The second - had never heard of it myself. Not that I was ever the most diligent student at history :D
    Galvasean wrote: »
    Conversation I had a while ago:

Friend: Oh yeah I was talking to yer man Jake
    Me: Whose Jake?
    Friend: Oh hes over there by the door.
    Me: Which one? Theres like five people over there.
    Friend: The guy in the blue shirt with the short hair..
    Me: Oh you mean the black fella?
    Friend: You cant say that! :eek:
    Me: *ROFL*

He was the only black person there FFS
    follow up with: "why, is there something wrong with him being black?"
    watch em cringe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 gabbygirlgavin

wigger... its a mad thing the americans came up with. i laugh if i hear it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

Today in school my teacher took my ipod off me and she read out the song which was called Your A Woman I'm A Machine,and she got all offended saying it was sexist!:confused:,I asked her to explain why and she said because it degrades women by calling them machines!I was like if you had read the title properly you would noticed it was called Your a Woman,I'm a Machine...Crazy thing to go mad about though!:eek:

But she was only a career guidance teacher so I didnt value her opinion anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭segaBOY

Today in school my teacher took my ipod off me and she read out the song which was called Your A Woman I'm A Machine,and she got all offended saying it was sexist!:confused:,I asked her to explain why and she said because it degrades women by calling them machines!I was like if you had read the title properly you would noticed it was called Your a Woman,I'm a Machine...Crazy thing to go mad about though!:eek:

But I she was only a career guidance teacher so I didnt value her opinion anyway!
    I think you should become a Social Worker ftw

• Advertisement
Advertisement