Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stupid things that people get offended by.

Options
  • 28-04-2009 12:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭

Inspired by the Israeli official who was offended by the term "Swine flu".

A close relatve of mine lives in England, and one day used the term "stick it where the monkey stuck the nuts".
    He was immediately accosted by a black woman, who preceded to berate him for using a racist term.
    He politely listened then walked away without saying anything.

Any examples the boardsies can think of?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

The word cunt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Borneo Fnctn

I think some people only get offended when it suits them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭ZWEI_VIER_ZWEI

Niggardly.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Stupid people who get offended on behalf of other people who dont get upset about something that is said /done to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Snigger is quite unacceptable in North America.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

cunny funt

Grasshole

muppet.

Kerry man

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭gamgsam

A few years ago in school a teacher caught me talking and told me to tell the whole class what I was saying. I told her it was just a stupid joke so then of course she really wanted to embarass me...

So i said

"What do scottish sheep say? - McBaaa"

And she went CRAZY!!! Said I was racist and tried to give me lines!!!!

Hahahaha I still get a good laugh out of it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭5318008!

female nipples. never understood that one myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

I'm such a cunning linguist that someone somewhere is always going to be offended by what I say.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

Censorship.....

...someone knows what I mean.;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Censorship.....

...someone knows what I mean.;)

Yeah they do. And they're not happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

javaboy wrote: »
    *censored*
    *censored*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

S.I.R wrote: »
    cunny funt

Grasshole

muppet.

Kerry man

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

javaboy wrote: »
    Yeah they do. And they're not happy.

Right so....

What says...ooooOOOOOoooooo.....?

A cow with no lips.

Did ya laugh? Are we square?

Good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭segaBOY

People who get offended when you refer to someone of African extraction as Black.

Have heard phrases such as "African American" being used to refer to a black person living in Ireland who incidentally was Kenyan and not American. Thought is was ignorantly amusing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

When you slap them or make a fool outa them, like God relax ffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

Pretty much anything.

Swear words, different viewpoints, boobs, penises, nudity (that one especially bothers me, it's only natural), second hand smoke, meat eaters, vegetarians, conspiracy theories, government, fat people, skinny people.

People spend too much of their time being offended in this horribly PC culture.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭Demonique

People who get offended about other people not wanting kids

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

people have a desire to be offended

remember the tens of thousands who rang up the BBC after that muppet made a joke about someones father or something despite not having heard the radio show, or the whole book burning thing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭Demonique

people have a desire to be offended

remember the tens of thousands who rang up the BBC after that muppet made a joke about someones father or something despite not having heard the radio show, or the whole book burning thing

Jonathan Woss and Russell brand, "I shagged your granddaughter" to Fawlty Towers Manuel actor Andrew Sachs.

His granddaughter was all offended about 'how could they do that to my grandfather'. A week later she was thanking them for all the publicity she got. She sold her story and ruined her relationship with her grandfather

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭segaBOY

Demonique wrote: »
    Jonathan Woss and Russell brand, "I shagged your granddaughter" to Fawlty Towers Manuel actor Andrew Sachs.

His granddaughter was all offended about 'how could they do that to my grandfather'. A week later she was thanking them for all the publicity she got. She sold her story and ruined her relationship with her grandfather

She's also a S.L.U.T. (sorry if that offends)

http://www.satanic-sluts.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

FYP
    segaBOY wrote: »
    She's also a S.L.U.T. bet down minger (sorry if that offends)

http://www.satanic-sluts.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

People that get all offended when you happen to dislike someone of a different ethnic origin.

I can call him a stupid c*nt if I want. Its not racist if he IS a stupid c*nt. Oooh, racist, racist. F*ck off. Your a stupid c*nt too. Get offended by that.

That really gets my goat. Stop trying to be so PC. The only way to ensure total political correctness is to insult f*cking everyone!

People that get offended by things like Christmas/Easter. Oh, we might offend someone of a different belief. Well, you know something? F*ck em! If you were in their neck of the woods, they wouldn't change anything for you. So f*ck off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

People who get offended by hunting...

Like in this thread :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭d6

People that get all offended when you happen to dislike someone of a different ethnic origin.

I can call him a stupid c*nt if I want. Its not racist if he IS a stupid c*nt. Oooh, racist, racist. F*ck off. Your a stupid c*nt too. Get offended by that.

That really gets my goat. Stop trying to be so PC. The only way to ensure total political correctness is to insult f*cking everyone!

People that get offended by things like Christmas/Easter. Oh, we might offend someone of a different belief. Well, you know something? F*ck em! If you were in their neck of the woods, they wouldn't change anything for you. So f*ck off.
    here here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭omyatari

people who enjoy getting offend and therefor twist any word or sentance into something they can get offended by....

if i say *dumb pig* i didnt really mean you.. but hey ...
    if u get offended by it, it must be so :O

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Broad societal trends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Irish people being offended by English people saying anything negative at all about Ireland - even if it's true.

"Black" - how come it's ok to use the word "white" so? And how come black people are cool with calling themselves "black"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭omyatari

Dudess wrote: »
    Irish people being offended by English people saying anything negative at all about Ireland - even if it's true.

"Black" - how come it's ok to use the word "white" so? And how come black people are cool with calling themselves "black"?

its like fat people,
    they know they are, its ok if they state it,
    but they dont need you telling them they are....

now i cant help but wonder,
    if white people would have suffered slavery, maybe it would all be the other way around :O

*yo whitey, word*
    *who you calling white bway??*

lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Trendy socialite broads. e.g. Paris Hilton

Advertisement